I feel terribly guilty after winning for the Stormcloaks..

#11zeroboboPosted 11/26/2012 8:09:29 PM
jrr18 posted...
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Helping the Empire does the same thing...

Only the Riften Jarl is better then her replacement though and that's debatable if once you find out she shunned her son for saying ulfrics wrong. At least Mavens open about being a b****.

uh. pretty much ALL the jarls are massive D-bags
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#12RampagingwalrusPosted 11/26/2012 8:10:27 PM
Nova EX posted...
Can anybody who won with the Imperials elaborate how the response is to them taking over Skyrim?

Just as many pissed off and unhappy people.
Everybody that is happy when one side wins, is sad/mad when their side loses.

Also, as mentioned, the Empire "supports" the Thalmor's kidnapping and execution of any and everybody that could possibly be tied to Talos worship.
Which includes quite a few of the people that are happy the Empire won.
Among this group are a few Jarls.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#13jrr18Posted 11/26/2012 8:12:42 PM
zerobobo posted...
jrr18 posted...
Helping the Empire does the same thing...

Only the Riften Jarl is better then her replacement though and that's debatable if once you find out she shunned her son for saying ulfrics wrong. At least Mavens open about being a b****.

uh. pretty much ALL the jarls are massive D-bags

Except Balgruuf and he's imperial besides I said better not that they wernt A*******.
---
Raar im a goblin!
jrr101
#14RampagingwalrusPosted 11/26/2012 8:18:25 PM
jrr18 posted...
Except Balgruuf and he's imperial besides I said better not that they wernt A*******.

Balgruuf is not an Imperial supporter.
He is just a sap who got tricked into helping them.
It is pretty bad when the only "good" Jarl is a moron.
---
#15zeroboboPosted 11/26/2012 8:19:11 PM
jrr18 posted...

Balgruuf is not an Imperial supporter.
He is just a sap who got tricked into helping them.
It is pretty bad when the only "good" Jarl is a moron.

haha i was just about to say that.

i laughed pretty hard when i did the quest where you trick him into siding with the empire lol
---
#16WiiareVenomPosted 11/26/2012 8:21:23 PM
I felt a little bad about it, but more annoyed at how Vignar mocks you, even though he only became Jarl because of your help.

But later, I started thinking Balgruuf is a bit of a jerk.He pretty much admits that he sides with the empire because they pay better. He himself is a cheapskate next to other Jarls......

Siding with the empire put Maven in the Jarlship of Riften. That is pretty much worse than anything I can think of.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#17Nova EX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:22:39 PM
Morael_Thel posted...

Yeah, I felt the same when I won for the storm cloaks. By the way, you might want to start using the spoiler tags. I personally don't mind, but I'm sure someone will come along freaking out over it.

yeah i shouldve marked the one part, but cleaned it up some bit

Im still trying to figure out which way Bethesda plans on handling this canonically...
---
GT: GhostyLasers
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#18zeroboboPosted 11/26/2012 8:25:20 PM
Nova EX posted...
Morael_Thel posted...

Yeah, I felt the same when I won for the storm cloaks. By the way, you might want to start using the spoiler tags. I personally don't mind, but I'm sure someone will come along freaking out over it.

yeah i shouldve marked the one part, but cleaned it up some bit

Im still trying to figure out which way Bethesda plans on handling this canonically...

they're probably be asses about it.
"uh, there was a civil war and after it was over and done a third faction took control and kicked the stormcloaks and empire out of skyrim. yeah! massive power change off screen! shut up!"
---
#19GrenpaPosted 11/26/2012 8:26:22 PM
I sided with the Empire, the empire doesn't want the Thalmor doing what they're doing, but the Thalmor DESTROYED them, they basically said "If you don't surrender to us, we'll completely wipe out what's left of your Empire". The Empire had to choice but to agree to the Thalmors terms, or be completely destroyed. To me, it seems like the Empire agreed just to save itself, and gain strength to fight the Thalmor. Ulfrics just a scumbag who wants power, and uses what's happening in order to achieve what he wants. It seemed to me if you sided with him you were delivering power to him.
tl;dr: The Empires just trying to buy time and Ulfrics a power hungry racist.
#20RampagingwalrusPosted 11/26/2012 8:26:47 PM
Nova EX posted...

During the course of the Civil War, Mede's cousin died, and he visited Skyrim only to be assassinated.
Causing the entirety of the Empire to sink into petty bickering and land wars.
So the whole Empire falls into civil wars, making the outcome of Skyrim's a non-issue.
Especially since the Thalmor take this chance to move in and seize control of the whole, piece by piece.

Since the Thalmor one, they wrote the history books, so as Skyrim's civil war is unimportant to the Mer, it is not recorded.
---