I feel terribly guilty after winning for the Stormcloaks..

#21RampagingwalrusPosted 11/26/2012 8:29:09 PM
Grenpa posted...
I sided with the Empire, the empire doesn't want the Thalmor doing what they're doing, but the Thalmor DESTROYED them, they basically said "If you don't surrender to us, we'll completely wipe out what's left of your Empire". The Empire had to choice but to agree to the Thalmors terms, or be completely destroyed. To me, it seems like the Empire agreed just to save itself, and gain strength to fight the Thalmor. Ulfrics just a scumbag who wants power, and uses what's happening in order to achieve what he wants. It seemed to me if you sided with him you were delivering power to him.
tl;dr: The Empires just trying to buy time and Ulfrics a power hungry racist.

That is not what happened.
The Empire signed the Concordat after a major victory on their side.
They also sold out their allies in Hammerfell, who went on to continue to beat the Thalmor.
They were not "destroyed" they had fought to a stalemate, and had begun to turn the tables, when they signed.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#22x5N1P3Rx_X513Posted 11/26/2012 8:29:37 PM
Maven pretty much ruled Riften from the start, now it's just official.

Doesn't keep her from being a B**** in my books.

Let's just say my sig would have said Honeyside but I got sick of Riften.
---
When life gives you lemons... Go kill a clown - Festus Krex
Argonian Dovahkiin and proud resident of Hjerim. Racist Nords can suck it!
#23nnytherkillerPosted 11/26/2012 8:30:37 PM
You dragonborns deserve this! Did you really think you could pick sides in a civil war and have everything end the way you wanted? Arrogance! You brought this on yourselves with your selfish desires of greatness! You are murderers one and all, and in the end your foolishness and pride will be the downfall of you all!
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#24GrenpaPosted 11/26/2012 8:33:04 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Grenpa posted...
I sided with the Empire, the empire doesn't want the Thalmor doing what they're doing, but the Thalmor DESTROYED them, they basically said "If you don't surrender to us, we'll completely wipe out what's left of your Empire". The Empire had to choice but to agree to the Thalmors terms, or be completely destroyed. To me, it seems like the Empire agreed just to save itself, and gain strength to fight the Thalmor. Ulfrics just a scumbag who wants power, and uses what's happening in order to achieve what he wants. It seemed to me if you sided with him you were delivering power to him.
tl;dr: The Empires just trying to buy time and Ulfrics a power hungry racist.

That is not what happened.
The Empire signed the Concordat after a major victory on their side.
They also sold out their allies in Hammerfell, who went on to continue to beat the Thalmor.
They were not "destroyed" they had fought to a stalemate, and had begun to turn the tables, when they signed.

They had like 1 victory out of being stomped on the whole time, they signed it to avoid fighting for the time being and try to gather strength to push the Thalmor out once and for all, not with a single victory. If they hadn't had signed it would have been over right there. And either way Ulfrics a piece of crap and isn't the right choice anyway.
#25x5N1P3Rx_X513Posted 11/26/2012 8:34:28 PM
All this controversy, I'm just glad Ulfric is dead.

But Argos, who will rule Skyrim?

Bah, who cares? If the Thalmor try coming to my door expecting an Imperial kissass, I'll go to Summerset and kill their entire government off.
---
When life gives you lemons... Go kill a clown - Festus Krex
Argonian Dovahkiin and proud resident of Hjerim. Racist Nords can suck it!
#26NicodaemosPosted 11/26/2012 8:34:43 PM
Siding with the empire put Maven in the Jarlship of Riften. That is pretty much worse than anything I can think of.

Putting a Silverblood in charge of Markarth is worse, IMO.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#27WiiareVenomPosted 11/26/2012 8:37:35 PM
Probably, though he already had a bigger hold there than Maven did on Riften. She has some Thieves cursed with bad luck, Thonar has an army of crazy, hopped up tribals who are crazier than Ulfric and Septimus combined<.<
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#28NicodaemosPosted 11/26/2012 8:40:53 PM
Probably, though he already had a bigger hold there than Maven did on Riften. She has some Thieves cursed with bad luck, Thonar has an army of crazy, hopped up tribals who are crazier than Ulfric and Septimus combined<.<

Exactly.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#29RampagingwalrusPosted 11/26/2012 8:41:57 PM
Grenpa posted...
They had like 1 victory out of being stomped on the whole time, they signed it to avoid fighting for the time being and try to gather strength to push the Thalmor out once and for all, not with a single victory. If they hadn't had signed it would have been over right there. And either way Ulfrics a piece of crap and isn't the right choice anyway.

That one victory was taking a city... THE city.
Taking a fortified stronghold, from an entrenched enemy, is far more significant of a victory than a few open area skirmishes.

Had Mede not signed, and kept his Hammerfell allies, they would have pushed the Thalmor out of the area.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#30GrenpaPosted 11/26/2012 8:42:55 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Grenpa posted...

That one victory was taking a city... THE city.
Taking a fortified stronghold, from an entrenched enemy, is far more significant of a victory than a few open area skirmishes.

Had Mede not signed, and kept his Hammerfell allies, they would have pushed the Thalmor out of the area.

No they wouldn't have....that's why they signed....