I feel terribly guilty after winning for the Stormcloaks..

#31zeroboboPosted 11/26/2012 7:44:27 PM
you guys are thinking of a different silverblood brother.
the one that did all the nasty stuff with the foresworn and the one that becomes jarl are two different people.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#32NicodaemosPosted 11/26/2012 7:47:01 PM
the one that did all the nasty stuff with the foresworn and the one that becomes jarl are two different people.

Right. And they're all from the same mob family.

Better to destroy it root and stem than risk further corruption.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#33RampagingwalrusPosted 11/26/2012 7:48:24 PM
Grenpa posted...
No they wouldn't have....that's why they signed....

Mede signed because he wanted the money that the Thalmor offered him, more so than not getting it.
See, if he had not signed, he would have retaken the Empire, but lost troops and funds.
Or, he could sign, regain everything taken, not lose soldiers and fund, and get a big steaming pile of fresh treasure.
Being a bandit warlord, he cared only for the shinies, not doing the right thing.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#34zeroboboPosted 11/26/2012 7:48:58 PM
Nicodaemos posted...

Right. And they're all from the same mob family.

Better to destroy it root and stem than risk further corruption.

well you can't really say the guy who becomes the jarl had anything to do with it when its pretty clear the other brother was the mastermind and the only one really aware of it.

unless you can show me evidence he was involved, i dont think he was due to the nature of the quest and how secretive everything was
but if you wanna say he's guilty cus he's related to the guy...well.....uh.....
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#35x5N1P3Rx_X513Posted 11/26/2012 7:49:57 PM
I wish you could choose Law-Giver and exile the Black-Briar family. Force them to sell their recipe to her abused workers and shipped off to Cidnha Mine.

Bastards, the lot of them!
---
When life gives you lemons... Go kill a clown - Festus Krex
Argonian Dovahkiin and proud resident of Hjerim. Racist Nords can suck it!
#36Nova EX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:50:19 PM
Ingmund and Thongvor arent much different except Thongvor publicly states he wants to exterminate the Forsworn and Ingmund wants to do it through Imperial red tape.
---
GT: GhostyLasers
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#37GrenpaPosted 11/26/2012 7:51:55 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Grenpa posted...
No they wouldn't have....that's why they signed....

Mede signed because he wanted the money that the Thalmor offered him, more so than not getting it.
See, if he had not signed, he would have retaken the Empire, but lost troops and funds.
Or, he could sign, regain everything taken, not lose soldiers and fund, and get a big steaming pile of fresh treasure.
Being a bandit warlord, he cared only for the shinies, not doing the right thing.

Where did you get this? Everything I've read/seen in the game hasn't said any of that. Is that what you find out in Ulfrics questline or something?
#38RampagingwalrusPosted 11/26/2012 7:53:53 PM
Grenpa posted...
Where did you get this? Everything I've read/seen in the game hasn't said any of that. Is that what you find out in Ulfrics questline or something?

Forget where it is all mentioned, aside from one comment helper guy makes to Balgruuf about the "chests of gold" that the Jarls were all given when Mede signed the Concordat.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#39NicodaemosPosted 11/26/2012 7:55:42 PM
well you can't really say the guy who becomes the jarl had anything to do with it when its pretty clear the other brother was the mastermind and the only one really aware of it.

unless you can show me evidence he was involved, i dont think he was due to the nature of the quest and how secretive everything was
but if you wanna say he's guilty cus he's related to the guy...well.....uh.....

It's not about whether or not he was personally involved. Him becoming Jarl would give the entire family even more influence and power than they already have. Thonar's little side-operations would certainly benefit, and probably expand.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#40WvethPosted 11/26/2012 8:13:46 PM
The Empire don't go around enforcing Thalmor laws except when their backs are to the wall (like Ulfric pushed them to it after Markarth) and Titus Mede II most certainly did not do it just for gold. There is nothing anywhere in the game that even remotely hints at that.

Balgruuf says "the chests of gold didn't hurt," because staying with the Empire is a far more profitable venture; they have more trade, more money, more troops, etc.

You're grasping at straws if you think that the Empire are Thalmor puppets, or that Mede signed the Concordat for gold.
---
Wveth!