What are the implications of having the soul of a Dragon?

#1ROT10RYANPosted 11/26/2012 9:58:18 PM
Does being Dragonborn make you immortal? How are we able to fight the first Dragonborn? There are a lot of answers that need to be revealed regarding the all resounding question throughout this game. What does it mean to be Dragonborn?
---
This statement in no way reflects the views and opinions of the sane or sober. All ideas should be taken as hearsay and perhaps the ramblings of a madman.
#2darkportal785Posted 11/26/2012 10:01:03 PM
These "questions" have already been answered.
---
I don't give a chainsaw. About anything. Chainsaw everyone and everything.
#3SchesparnPosted 11/26/2012 10:02:26 PM
darkportal785 posted...

Can I ask another, then? Several? Is the ability to absorb dragon souls something exclusive to the Dragonborn, or can all dragons do it and just choose not to? If the former, why can the Dragonborn do it? Is he born to be a true dragonslayer, then, making sure they stay down for good? If so, why?
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#4zeroboboPosted 11/26/2012 10:03:45 PM
darkportal785 posted...

dont provide himw ith any answers or anything.
wouldnt wanna be helpful now would we?

no it does not make you immortal.
i dunno i dont hav ethe DLC yet.
it means you have the soul of a dragon and can shout without training and absorb the souls of dead dragons.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#5ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:04:03 PM
So does being Dragonborn make you an immortal? If not why is the first still alive? If the Dragonguard makes a return to Tamriel what will that mean for the empire? Your questions might be already answered, not mine.
---
This statement in no way reflects the views and opinions of the sane or sober. All ideas should be taken as hearsay and perhaps the ramblings of a madman.
#6N1ghtm4reW0lfPosted 11/26/2012 10:06:57 PM
ROT10RYAN posted...
So does being Dragonborn make you an immortal? If not why is the first still alive? If the Dragonguard makes a return to Tamriel what will that mean for the empire? Your questions might be already answered, not mine.

No.
Magic.
Nothing.
They have.
#7ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:07:21 PM
I seriously just threw the Dragonguard thing in there hap hazardly, I've been getting the feeling that the Akaviri will make an appearence in a dlc but it's just an incling based on lore and things happening in game.
---
#8LolOkayPosted 11/26/2012 10:17:34 PM
ROT10RYAN posted...

Maybe time travel...lol i dunno
#9ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:19:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:20:26 PM
But seriously doesn't anyone else think the fact that we absorb the souls of immortal beings seem like there is a grander scheme than just "yea you can kill dragons and learn their knowledge" I was reading another discussion on this that said that maybe the fact that we learn Dragonrend, and take those words of power into us make it so that even if someone with a dragons soul were meant to be immortal that the Dragonborn would have to be mortal because we are required to learn Dragonrend to defeat Alduin.
---