What are the implications of having the soul of a Dragon?

#21ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:38:43 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
ROT10RYAN posted...
I seriously just threw the Dragonguard thing in there hap hazardly, I've been getting the feeling that the Akaviri will make an appearence in a dlc but it's just an incling based on lore and things happening in game.

Nothing in-game or in the lore points to Akavir showing up in a dlc or game anytime soon <____<

ROT10RYAN posted...
I just get that dark likes feeling like he's putting people down. If we really knew all there is to know about being a Dragonborn there would be no point in having a dlc called Dragonborn featuring all new storylines specifically regarding the Dragonborn.

Except the DLC is about the FIrst, not about you. Derp a herp.

so we're just gonna kick back and watch the first do whatever he's doing and stuff, there is no epic climactic storyline coming regarding the first and last dragonborns?

And regarding the Akaviri they are/were dragonhunters, they came to Tamriel because rumors of dragons being there. They made Skyhaven Temple and Alduin's Wall and sealed it with a blood seal that only a dragonborn could open, and you just so happened to be the one who opened it.
---
This statement in no way reflects the views and opinions of the sane or sober. All ideas should be taken as hearsay and perhaps the ramblings of a madman.
#22CaptainKatsuraPosted 11/26/2012 10:39:26 PM
Waitaminute.

The Dragonborn have the soul of a Dragon,so if we kill the First Dragonborn or w/e he's called...

Do we absorb his soul??
---
Herp-a derp
#23darkportal785Posted 11/26/2012 10:42:30 PM
CaptainKatsura posted...
Waitaminute.

The Dragonborn have the soul of a Dragon,so if we kill the First Dragonborn or w/e he's called...

Do we absorb his soul??

Maybe. Maybe not. It might go back up to Father Time, or Herma-Mora if he and The First have a deal.
---
I don't give a chainsaw. About anything. Chainsaw everyone and everything.
#24RebelElite791Posted 11/26/2012 10:42:30 PM
ROT10RYAN posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
ROT10RYAN posted...
I seriously just threw the Dragonguard thing in there hap hazardly, I've been getting the feeling that the Akaviri will make an appearence in a dlc but it's just an incling based on lore and things happening in game.

Nothing in-game or in the lore points to Akavir showing up in a dlc or game anytime soon <____<

ROT10RYAN posted...
I just get that dark likes feeling like he's putting people down. If we really knew all there is to know about being a Dragonborn there would be no point in having a dlc called Dragonborn featuring all new storylines specifically regarding the Dragonborn.

Except the DLC is about the FIrst, not about you. Derp a herp.

so we're just gonna kick back and watch the first do whatever he's doing and stuff, there is no epic climactic storyline coming regarding the first and last dragonborns?

And regarding the Akaviri they are/were dragonhunters, they came to Tamriel because rumors of dragons being there. They made Skyhaven Temple and Alduin's Wall and sealed it with a blood seal that only a dragonborn could open, and you just so happened to be the one who opened it.

You seemed to be saying the point of the DLC was to give us more info about what it means to be Dragonborn, which will probably happen, but surely is not the point of the DLC.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#25ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:47:18 PM
I said what I meant, the dlc called Dragonborn, will be about the Dragonborn, plural. And that my remark earlier about questions still being out there regarding what it means to be dragonborn. We don't have the full story, yet.
---
This statement in no way reflects the views and opinions of the sane or sober. All ideas should be taken as hearsay and perhaps the ramblings of a madman.
#26RebelElite791Posted 11/26/2012 10:48:13 PM
ROT10RYAN posted...
I said what I meant, the dlc called Dragonborn, will be about the Dragonborn, plural. And that my remark earlier about questions still being out there regarding what it means to be dragonborn. We don't have the full story, yet.

We kinda do though...
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#27AddictedToXboxPosted 11/26/2012 10:51:15 PM
Schesparn posted...
darkportal785 posted...
These "questions" have already been answered.

Can I ask another, then? Several? Is the ability to absorb dragon souls something exclusive to the Dragonborn, or can all dragons do it and just choose not to? If the former, why can the Dragonborn do it? Is he born to be a true dragonslayer, then, making sure they stay down for good? If so, why?

Arngeir mentions that dragons can absorb the souls of their fallen brethren on the battlefield. I guess it's not exclusive to the Dovahkiin.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#28ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:56:02 PM
Kinda but, there are still things to learn, like the new Dragon Aspect shout, is that something the first Dragonborn knows, I definitely would have ever thought that the dragonborn would ever get to take the aspect of a dragon. We know that our destiny was to stop alduin but what happens after that? The dragons are still alive and we are a dragonborn. Shouldn't we basically be trying to reform the Blades and hunting down the rest of the dragons? As far as what Tamriel would want I think it isn't to just let the dragons do their thing. The story of the dragonborn will have some sort of conclusion, or it wouldn't go to such lengths to tell us that we are the last dragonborn
---
#29RebelElite791Posted 11/26/2012 10:58:01 PM
ROT10RYAN posted...
Kinda but, there are still things to learn, like the new Dragon Aspect shout, is that something the first Dragonborn knows, I definitely would have ever thought that the dragonborn would ever get to take the aspect of a dragon. We know that our destiny was to stop alduin but what happens after that? The dragons are still alive and we are a dragonborn. Shouldn't we basically be trying to reform the Blades and hunting down the rest of the dragons? As far as what Tamriel would want I think it isn't to just let the dragons do their thing. The story of the dragonborn will have some sort of conclusion, or it wouldn't go to such lengths to tell us that we are the last dragonborn

You were the last Dragonborn, ergo next time Aldy comes back, s***s goin down for good. The Divines have no more cards to play. You stopped Alduin, there you go. That's why you exist. Btw, you seem to be taking Dragon Aspect very literally. We don't even know what it does.
---
#30The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/26/2012 11:02:24 PM
ROT10RYAN posted...

So in your mind...

We cant answer your questions... but we should answer your questions?
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee