What are the implications of having the soul of a Dragon?

#31ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:02:49 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
You were the last Dragonborn, ergo next time Aldy comes back, s***s goin down for good. The Divines have no more cards to play. You stopped Alduin, there you go. That's why you exist. Btw, you seem to be taking Dragon Aspect very literally. We don't even know what it does.

They don't exactly beat around the bush when it come to naming the shouts. There only a few I can think of that are kind of vague but still give you the general idea. I think elemental fury was the only one that threw me off any, guess they couldn't come up with a better two word phrase for faster weapons.
---
This statement in no way reflects the views and opinions of the sane or sober. All ideas should be taken as hearsay and perhaps the ramblings of a madman.
#32darkportal785Posted 11/27/2012 12:03:31 AM(edited)
ROT10RYAN posted...
Kinda but, there are still things to learn, like the new Dragon Aspect shout, is that something the first Dragonborn knows, I definitely would have ever thought that the dragonborn would ever get to take the aspect of a dragon.

Why? You have the soul, it makes sense that you'd be able to tap into some of the other things that Dragon have/can do.

We know that our destiny was to stop alduin but what happens after that? The dragons are still alive and we are a dragonborn. Shouldn't we basically be trying to reform the Blades and hunting down the rest of the dragons?

Why would you? You'd kill your brothers because some old guy and a b**** told you it's your job? You owe nothing to them, they broke their oaths as Blades the minute they demanded you kill Paarthurnax in exchange for their help.

As far as what Tamriel would want I think it isn't to just let the dragons do their thing. The story of the dragonborn will have some sort of conclusion, or it wouldn't go to such lengths to tell us that we are the last dragonborn

You are the last because another won't be needed. Alduin still has a job to do, and next time it'll be at the correct time. None of the other 'heros' stories had conclusions, because you can't give a character who we have complete control over, an ending.

ANNNNND I GOT NINJA'D. Dammit.
---
I don't give a chainsaw. About anything. Chainsaw everyone and everything.
#33RebelElite791Posted 11/27/2012 12:04:21 AM
darkportal785 posted...
ROT10RYAN posted...
Kinda but, there are still things to learn, like the new Dragon Aspect shout, is that something the first Dragonborn knows, I definitely would have ever thought that the dragonborn would ever get to take the aspect of a dragon.

Why? You have the soul, it makes sense that you'd be able to tap into some of the other things that Dragon have/can do.

We know that our destiny was to stop alduin but what happens after that? The dragons are still alive and we are a dragonborn. Shouldn't we basically be trying to reform the Blades and hunting down the rest of the dragons?

Why would you? You'd kill your brothers because some old guy and a b**** told you it's your job? You owe nothing to them, they broke their oaths as Blades the minute they demanded you kill Paarthurnax in exchange for their help.

As far as what Tamriel would want I think it isn't to just let the dragons do their thing. The story of the dragonborn will have some sort of conclusion, or it wouldn't go to such lengths to tell us that we are the last dragonborn

You are the last because another won't be needed. Alduin still has a job to do, and next time it'll be at the correct time. None of the other 'heros' stories had conclusions, because you can't give a character who we have complete control over, an ending.

BAHAHA, TROGDOR STRIKES AGAIN!
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#34ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:08:25 AM
you can give them vague endings, the CoC became Sheo, the Nereverine disappeared on
Akavir.

Maybe defeating Alduin caused some sort of dragonbreak. That is an important aspect of TES and we did something that seems to me big deal, we defeated Alduin in Sovngarde of all places, we didn't use any elder scroll or anything he just sort of poofed.
---
This statement in no way reflects the views and opinions of the sane or sober. All ideas should be taken as hearsay and perhaps the ramblings of a madman.
#35darkportal785Posted 11/27/2012 12:09:18 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
darkportal785 posted...
ROT10RYAN posted...

BAHAHA, TROGDOR STRIKES AGAIN!

http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/rsz/mlfw8548_large.jpg

Side-Note: http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8592-The_Numbers_are_Doubled.jpg ARE YOU SEEING WHAT I AM SEEING? TODD HOWARD IS THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT.
---
#36RebelElite791Posted 11/27/2012 12:09:33 AM
ROT10RYAN posted...
you can give them vague endings, the CoC became Sheo, the Nereverine disappeared on
Akavir.

Maybe defeating Alduin caused some sort of dragonbreak. That is an important aspect of TES and we did something that seems to me big deal, we defeated Alduin in Sovngarde of all places, we didn't use any elder scroll or anything he just sort of poofed.

*Someone* became Sheo.
The Nerevarine *maybe* went to Akavir, it's a rumor for a reason.

He "just sort of poofed" because he's a god. That said, I'm not sure breaking that specific aspect of Time would or could cause a Dragon Break. Or what that has to do with you anyways.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#37darkportal785Posted 11/27/2012 12:11:57 AM(edited)
ROT10RYAN posted...
Akavir.

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

Someone became Sheo. Ralph the Nord, Qwalirulbintrador the Altmer, Jimbo the Argonian, etc. SOMEONE. Doesn't mean it was the CoC.

As for the Nerevarine, it was a rumor. Rumors and gossip =/= factual statements.

NINJA'D AGAIN WEPIHAWE-FHEQVFPT8X;'CHOXI' /type rage
---
#38SchesparnPosted 11/27/2012 12:13:39 AM
darkportal785 posted...
ROT10RYAN posted...
Akavir.

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

Someone became Sheo. Ralph the Nord, Qwalirulbintrador the Altmer, Jimbo the Argonian, etc. SOMEONE. Doesn't mean it was the CoC.

As for the Nerevarine, it was a rumor. Rumors and gossip =/= factual statements.

Type faster! :p
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#39ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:15:17 AM
Why would you? You'd kill your brothers because some old guy and a b**** told you it's your job?

They aren't our brothers though. They aren't Paarthunax, they are dragons and last I checked they still attack cities even after Alduin's defeat. The current Blades may be a joke, but maybe the Dragonguard wouldn't be. No matter what dragon's are back in Tamriel and they will look towards the recently found Dragonborn to defeat them. Whether or not we do this in game or not, (which I doubt we would) as far as storyline goes it would fit.
---
#40RebelElite791Posted 11/27/2012 12:20:59 AM
darkportal785 posted...
ROT10RYAN posted...
Akavir.

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

AND THE TROGDOR COMES IN THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
---