What are the implications of having the soul of a Dragon?

#471kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 3:44:40 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
If you are truly the only one bringing anything to this metaphorical table...

Why are you still here lad? I usually tire of talking to myself before the 3 day mark.

At least you've gone to admit I'm the only one really saying anything. ;D

It's quite stimulating, actually. And is keeping me up until 10 where I'm going to try the sleep again.

clone11 posted...
Oh, I'm being insensitive? Guess who else has insomnia in this thread? Anyone who hangs out on this board should know that, since I'm on here late into the night almost every night.

However, I try not to waste my awake time seeking conflict. I'd rather find some enjoyment in life, like, I dunno, maybe making friends with these people, instead of alienating them.

Is that your problem? Are you jealous that we actually have people we can call friends and you don't?

I don't know, the way you try and talk all proper english I figured you may be in a different time zone. why the hell would I go here to make friends? This isn't facebook.

Rikiaz posted...
Oh so just because I've known Rebel for 3 or 4 years I can't call him my friend because he is over the internet? What about my friend on xbox that I have played games with every night for 5 years? Can I not call him my friend? Or what about my friend that I met on a weekend trip with my girlfriends youth group and have talked to daily for 7 years, is she not a real friend?

You can if you want to, but if that's your only mode of interaction with them, then what's the point? I have a friend I used to know in a tangible sense who moved ages ago. Her and I still keep contact, very consistently. But we don't just IM each other. Every so often we still see each other in person.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#472RikiazPosted 11/29/2012 3:44:50 PM
clone11 posted...
Ew, no thanks. Ever since they separated them, it's like being on Youtube. Everyone is disturbingly stupid.

I know right lol
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#473XydruPosted 11/29/2012 3:45:00 PM
I can't believe I missed all of that >.>

Good reads I guess..

*sits in lawn chair*
---
Sorry baby, I was off being a swan for Leda. She loves that kinky stuff.
#474kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 3:46:00 PM
Xydru posted...
*sits in lawn chair*

So much more productive than you've been all thread.
---
#475RikiazPosted 11/29/2012 3:49:03 PM(edited)
kylekillgannon posted...
Rikiaz posted...
Oh so just because I've known Rebel for 3 or 4 years I can't call him my friend because he is over the internet? What about my friend on xbox that I have played games with every night for 5 years? Can I not call him my friend? Or what about my friend that I met on a weekend trip with my girlfriends youth group and have talked to daily for 7 years, is she not a real friend?

You can if you want to, but if that's your only mode of interaction with them, then what's the point? I have a friend I used to know in a tangible sense who moved ages ago. Her and I still keep contact, very consistently. But we don't just IM each other. Every so often we still see each other in person.

Quit living in the past. It's the internet age, and there is more to friendship then physical interaction. In fact, I'm more emotionally attached to some of my internet friends then some of my friends I know in person.

The point of friendship is emotional attachment and some kind of interaction, doesn't have to be physical.
---
#476clone11Posted 11/29/2012 3:48:16 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
clone11 posted...
Oh, I'm being insensitive? Guess who else has insomnia in this thread? Anyone who hangs out on this board should know that, since I'm on here late into the night almost every night.

However, I try not to waste my awake time seeking conflict. I'd rather find some enjoyment in life, like, I dunno, maybe making friends with these people, instead of alienating them.

Is that your problem? Are you jealous that we actually have people we can call friends and you don't?

I don't know, the way you try and talk all proper english I figured you may be in a different time zone. why the hell would I go here to make friends? This isn't facebook.

Because then people will stop thinking you're so pathetic?

I mean, don't me wrong, you shouldn't really care what people think, but that doesn't mean you have to be a complete ass either.
---
"You persist too long after your own defeat. Come then, warrior. Have your resolution."
#477carwreck1Posted 11/29/2012 3:51:00 PM
I visit this board quite a bit. I definitely think there is something to be said about a lack of civility as far as lore discussions go. The internet allows for rudeness without consequences, and some people take full advantage of that (probably as a form of entertainment). I don't care to read this massive topic in its entirety. What I saw from what I did read was a lot of personal attacks stemming from some feud which has apparently been going on for quite awhile.

My advice to people would be to not allow yourselves to get worked up over what you read on a message board. These are not meaningful social interactions. Even though the shroud of anonymity grants people the power to say hurtful things, you can take comfort in knowing that their vitriol does not extend beyond the computer screen. Glean the knowledge you came here for, and then move on.
#478kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 3:53:15 PM
Rikiaz posted...
Quit living in the past. It's the internet age, and there is more to friendship then physical interaction. In fact, I'm more emotionally attached to some of my internet friends then some of my friends I know in person.

The point of friendship is emotional attachment and some kind of interaction, doesn't have to be physical.

And that isn't sad? You mean to say you have no interest in pursuing any sort of physical conference between you and these associates? Why is that? If they're your friends, then you should be looking forward to the day you can meet them personally.

clone11 posted...
Because then people will stop thinking you're so pathetic?

I mean, don't me wrong, you shouldn't really care what people think, but that doesn't mean you have to be a complete ass either.

But why should I really care about what you people think? I don't particularly like the way any of you act. Unless of course this is a motion on your behalf to try and bridge gaps in imploring my consideration.
---
#479kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 3:55:37 PM
carwreck1 posted...
I visit this board quite a bit. I definitely think there is something to be said about a lack of civility as far as lore discussions go. The internet allows for rudeness without consequences, and some people take full advantage of that (probably as a form of entertainment). I don't care to read this massive topic in its entirety. What I saw from what I did read was a lot of personal attacks stemming from some feud which has apparently been going on for quite awhile.

My advice to people would be to not allow yourselves to get worked up over what you read on a message board. These are not meaningful social interactions. Even though the shroud of anonymity grants people the power to say hurtful things, you can take comfort in knowing that their vitriol does not extend beyond the computer screen. Glean the knowledge you came here for, and then move on.

These are all very good points. Especially the part about interactions with people you don't know personally over a message board not being meaningful.
---
#480RikiazPosted 11/29/2012 3:55:52 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
Rikiaz posted...

And that isn't sad? You mean to say you have no interest in pursuing any sort of physical conference between you and these associates? Why is that? If they're your friends, then you should be looking forward to the day you can meet them personally.

I never said I wouldn't look forward to seeing them in person, but that isn't of major importance. As long as I can talk to them, or play games with them, or whatever it is I do with them, I am satisfied. You get a more unbiased, altruistic friendship via internet, people won't see you and therefore the biases are more limited, and a real companionship can form more easily.
---