What are the implications of having the soul of a Dragon?

#481Dj_Silk714Posted 11/29/2012 3:56:27 PM
carwreck1 posted...
I visit this board quite a bit. I definitely think there is something to be said about a lack of civility as far as lore discussions go. The internet allows for rudeness without consequences, and some people take full advantage of that (probably as a form of entertainment). I don't care to read this massive topic in its entirety. What I saw from what I did read was a lot of personal attacks stemming from some feud which has apparently been going on for quite awhile.

My advice to people would be to not allow yourselves to get worked up over what you read on a message board. These are not meaningful social interactions. Even though the shroud of anonymity grants people the power to say hurtful things, you can take comfort in knowing that their vitriol does not extend beyond the computer screen. Glean the knowledge you came here for, and then move on.

i commend you for your common sense! but your just wasting your time though, this IS the internetz after all....

Popcorn? got lots left...im going for nachos
---
Good luck.
#482XydruPosted 11/29/2012 3:58:54 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
Xydru posted...
*sits in lawn chair*

So much more productive than you've been all thread.

Thanks for tagging me back in :D

Not a single thing you've ever said in this topic could be considered "productive" in any way.
How are you this s*****
---
Sorry baby, I was off being a swan for Leda. She loves that kinky stuff.
#483clone11Posted 11/29/2012 3:59:52 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
clone11 posted...
Because then people will stop thinking you're so pathetic?

I mean, don't me wrong, you shouldn't really care what people think, but that doesn't mean you have to be a complete ass either.

But why should I really care about what you people think? I don't particularly like the way any of you act. Unless of course this is a motion on your behalf to try and bridge gaps in imploring my consideration.

I said you shouldn't really care about what people think.

I'm just pointing out that you've been an ass, but all I've seen you do is blame everyone else for your faults.

And you act as if we're somehow lesser people because we have the ability to make friends and you don't.
---
"You persist too long after your own defeat. Come then, warrior. Have your resolution."
#484kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 4:00:35 PM
Rikiaz posted...
I never said I wouldn't look forward to seeing them in person, but that isn't of major importance. As long as I can talk to them, or play games with them, or whatever it is I do with them, I am satisfied. You get a more unbiased, altruistic friendship via internet, people won't see you and therefore the biases are more limited, and a real companionship can form more easily.

Biases are formed out of companionship though. No matter what. And to not want that is to not want to be human. To me it sounds more like you're uncertain about the moment occurring and nervous about the implications of the event. Worried about taking things too far with people. It could probably stem from your likely more introverted personality.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#485SpawnRazorPosted 11/29/2012 4:00:44 PM
To 500?
---
\ (*-*) / Praise Toeh! You didn't think that you were the only one, I was the first.
#486XydruPosted 11/29/2012 4:02:46 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
carwreck1 posted...
I visit this board quite a bit. I definitely think there is something to be said about a lack of civility as far as lore discussions go. The internet allows for rudeness without consequences, and some people take full advantage of that (probably as a form of entertainment). I don't care to read this massive topic in its entirety. What I saw from what I did read was a lot of personal attacks stemming from some feud which has apparently been going on for quite awhile.

My advice to people would be to not allow yourselves to get worked up over what you read on a message board. These are not meaningful social interactions. Even though the shroud of anonymity grants people the power to say hurtful things, you can take comfort in knowing that their vitriol does not extend beyond the computer screen. Glean the knowledge you came here for, and then move on.

These are all very good points. Especially the part about interactions with people you don't know personally over a message board not being meaningful.

Think so, eh?
Too bad you're not actually going to make a note of it.
You came in here and did nothing but attack people. You cared so much about being a d*** about something, you've been posting nothing but b******* for ~440 posts.
---
Sorry baby, I was off being a swan for Leda. She loves that kinky stuff.
#487kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 4:04:16 PM
clone11 posted...
I said you shouldn't really care about what people think.

I'm just pointing out that you've been an ass, but all I've seen you do is blame everyone else for your faults.

And you act as if we're somehow lesser people because we have the ability to make friends and you don't.

Not really. I'm very aware of my own personal faults. Not one of them being my inability to make friends. I'm quite the social person, and quite fun and engaging in person. I have a very strong ego, and can be a bit loud and sometimes I alienate people by how open I am personally and intellectually. But I still have a core group of about 6 people who I know and love outside of my family. And I don't need to form a proxy for that over a message board for a fantasy game like I suspect some here are.
---
#488RikiazPosted 11/29/2012 4:04:38 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
Rikiaz posted...
I never said I wouldn't look forward to seeing them in person, but that isn't of major importance. As long as I can talk to them, or play games with them, or whatever it is I do with them, I am satisfied. You get a more unbiased, altruistic friendship via internet, people won't see you and therefore the biases are more limited, and a real companionship can form more easily.

Biases are formed out of companionship though. No matter what. And to not want that is to not want to be human. To me it sounds more like you're uncertain about the moment occurring and nervous about the implications of the event. Worried about taking things too far with people. It could probably stem from your likely more introverted personality.

I'm talking about biases based on race, or look. Since those are typically left as unknowns until friendship starts to form, no biases based on factors such as those are made until after the people take a liking to each other, then those biases will, more often then not, not affect the relationship at all.

And yes I am extremely introverted, but I am not shy in slightest.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#489kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 4:05:20 PM
Xydru posted...
Think so, eh?
Too bad you're not actually going to make a note of it.
You came in here and did nothing but attack people. You cared so much about being a d*** about something, you've been posting nothing but b******* for ~440 posts.

We've actually started breaking ground here on the subject of interpersonal relationships the last couple pages if you haven't noticed. Please do step in.
---
#490kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 4:07:38 PM
Rikiaz posted...
I'm talking about biases based on race, or look. Since those are typically left as unknowns until friendship starts to form, no biases based on factors such as those are made until after the people take a liking to each other, then those biases will, more often then not, not affect the relationship at all.

And yes I am extremely introverted, but I am not shy in slightest.

Where do you live that Race is still a dominating factor in socializing with people? I think it's imperative to the discussion we're getting into now that you've brought it up. Do detail.
---