In All The Time you Have Played...

#11MrcTOtheJPosted 11/27/2012 6:20:14 PM
A few times I think a few boots of muffle, mainly between 14-16-ish random loot drops in chests of course.

So I'd say thrice.
---
Self Proclaimed Offical HoonDing, The Yokudan God of Make Way of the TES:V Skyrim Boards (360/PS3)
WOHHHHHHH!
#12DocOdinePosted 11/27/2012 6:20:32 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
DocOdine posted...
I found it on a pair of Ebony boots ina dragon chest at 81 the other day. I had just leveled him to 81 a few minutes ago using the oghma, so there is a chance the loot had been set previously, though I was only 16 pre-oghma so IDK if Ebony should have even been spawning.

according to the wiki it is supposed to be impossible to get after level 70, unless they patched that

I'm aware, that's why the whole situation boggles my mind. The enchant is impossible at 81, but I think Ebony is likewise impossible at 16, though I could be wrong.
---
There is one big difference between Call of Duty and Skyrim. Call of Duty adds content each game while Bethesda takes away. -MC2011
#13The_Real_TurnipPosted 11/27/2012 7:17:38 PM
I spend 2 hours punching War-Bear in his face to get my muffle boots at level 11. Killed a random Bandit Chief half an hour later - Steel Boots of Muffling. Searched the same locations large chest - Boots of Muffling.

I swear this game exists to troll you.
#14JohnnyG118Posted 11/27/2012 7:39:36 PM
I've found it in chests / loot twice, but I've seen it for sale in shop inventories probably 10+ times across my different characters. It's really not -that- hard to find on a dedicated playthrough.

PS - Fortify Sneak 47% (Grand Soul + 100 Enchanting + All Perks + Fortify Enchanting Potion 32%) will serve you FAR better in hiding from enemies than Muffle ever will.
#15DarkSeraphMPosted 11/27/2012 7:41:57 PM
I actually find Muffle quite a bit on most of my characters, pretty early on. Usually Adrienne Avenicci, Ulfberth War-Bear, or Elrindir will sell something. It's Waterbreathing that's the super-rare one for me. I've only found it in random loot once in >600 hours, and never in a shop.
---
Release your life; take your place inside the fire with her...
#16JohnnyG118Posted 11/27/2012 7:43:46 PM
DarkSeraph351 posted...
It's Waterbreathing that's the super-rare one for me. I've only found it in random loot once in >600 hours, and never in a shop.

^^
THIS
#17JoeSnake132Posted 11/27/2012 7:51:15 PM
I was around level 64, around the 200th hour of my game. I finally decided to White River Cave or something like that right around whiterun (the one with the blind guy). Anyway, it was obvious that this was meant to be a cave taken early one, but I skipped it in the beginning. Needless to say, I SLAUGHTERED the old blind man, and the rest of the cave came pouring out and I ascended to the top. In the grand chest, I found steel boots with the enchantment. I was so excited to finally have that enchant. Went to disenchant them, and I already had the enchantment. I flipping "huh'd?" pretty hard. So basically have no clue how many enchants I've had of the thing.

Dont do drugs kids!
---
which is better to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through effort?
#18Bigj089Posted 11/27/2012 7:54:21 PM
The only enchant I havnt found half a dozen or so times was the fiery soul trap one. Ive NEVER found that one.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#19gunther483Posted 11/27/2012 7:56:18 PM
Lucky enough to find some from the Khajiit caravan.
#20zeroboboPosted 11/27/2012 8:22:57 PM
twice.
though it was probably around more than that, i just didnt notice it
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero