aestheticly, which looks better ?

#1Laughing_CatPosted 11/27/2012 6:12:39 PM
Light or heavy armour ? I'm not bothered about the ratings, just can't decide what I want to go with on my 2h playthrough.
---
Oppan Gangnam Style !
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 11/27/2012 6:13:31 PM
Depends on gender, and most importantly... personal tastes.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3MrcTOtheJPosted 11/27/2012 6:17:22 PM
Depends on the Gender like walrus said, and not only that which armor it is and of course personal tastes, personally I'm not fond of the leather armor in Skyrim, but it dosen't mean dislike all of the light armor.

As for your build, most two handers would go heavy armor for the warrior vibe but either or would work, just experiment see which armor you like, in example you may think Elven armor looks amazing and go with that.
---
Self Proclaimed Offical HoonDing, The Yokudan God of Make Way of the TES:V Skyrim Boards (360/PS3)
WOHHHHHHH!
#4Jack_JacusPosted 11/27/2012 6:18:38 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...

Agreed.

For example, Ebony armor (heavy) gives you nice black knight look, but it also looks so much better in a woman.

Thieves guild's armors give you a nice realistic look (really, glass armor is just weird after a while).

Just find one you like on the wikia or in uesp and stick with it.
---
Thomas: Captain! We better take evasive action!
Yuri: No! We stand our ground! I want him to watch up close and personal as his dying effort end in vain!
#5casimirneyPosted 11/27/2012 7:08:25 PM
Jack_Jacus posted...
it also looks so much better in a woman.

Lol.

I'm a big fan of the ebony mail... outside of that, I generally prefer the look of light armors. Big shoulders look silly. You might as well consider clothing, too. There's some pretty cool options... colege robes, vaermina robes, thalmor robes... hooded monk robes... I'm trying to think of something cool that isn't "robes." But you get my point.
#6RagingBullzPosted 11/27/2012 7:10:00 PM
Ebony helmet just pure ugly
---
#thereturn http://i.imgur.com/lStD7.jpg
#7The_Real_TurnipPosted 11/27/2012 7:20:16 PM
Jack_Jacus posted...
Rampagingwalrus posted...

Agreed.

For example, Ebony armor (heavy) gives you nice black knight look, but it also looks so much better in a woman.

Proof that it's entirely personal tastes. I think Ebony Armour looks just fantastic on a guy (especially if you sub the armour for Ebony Mail and keep the gauntlets / boots / helm) but utterly terrible on a female.

There's a UESP page that has pictures of a man and a woman in every type of craftable armour, so you should definitely check it and see what you like.

For what it's worth, my favourites (both genders) are Orcish and Blades. Both Heavy.
#8Jack_JacusPosted 11/27/2012 7:23:23 PM
RagingBullz posted...
Ebony helmet just pure ugly

Agreed, but I never wear helmets.
---
Thomas: Captain! We better take evasive action!
Yuri: No! We stand our ground! I want him to watch up close and personal as his dying effort end in vain!
#9Laughing_Cat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 7:26:10 PM
Yea i generally prefer light armour as there seems to be more choices, ive had this game from release and only played heavy armour for half an hour untill i got bored of iron armour.

I like the vampire armour from dawnguard, just hoping dragonborn brings in some good clothing choices.
---
Oppan Gangnam Style !
#10JohnnyG118Posted 11/27/2012 7:26:46 PM
For me the difficulty has always been in the aesthetics of the environment versus how the different tiers of armor work. The high-end armors don't really blend into the world around them. Daedric makes sense considering it's not from the same realm, but Glass, Elven, Ebony... none of them look like they belong. The pieces that fit best are on the low end - Fur, leather, Forsworn etc. Thus you have dilemma of priorities - do you opt for the better stats, or the more authentic feel?

Thankfully you can mostly bypass the stats issue later in the game when your Smithing / Alchemy / Enchantment perks allow you to basically make any armor set 500+