Dragonborn: What we know

#1FurryPhilosiferPosted 11/28/2012 11:52:04 AM
With this official add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®, journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn.

Explore Beyond Skyrim
Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.

Become the Ultimate Dragonborn
Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.

New Powers
Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.

New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more
Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

"Oh my God so we can ride dragons?"

The trailer shows the player character riding a dragon, and the official synopsis tells us we can "tame dragons". There were also apparently files in the 1.8 patch that referenced dragon riding.

Are we getting spears? A spear skill and spear perk tree and snow elf spear?

We haven't been told anything by Bethesda about spears. The 1.8 patch files apparently mention spears, and in the trailer we can see Reiklings using spears, but we don't know if spears can actually be used by the player character yet.

How big is Solstheim?
We haven't a clue. If it's around the same size as it's Bloodmoon portrayal, then about the size of Winterhold. But rumours from apparent beta testers point it more to the size of Whiterun.
---
We're all friends here.
#2Lord_KafrosPosted 11/28/2012 12:03:04 PM
If they make Destruction a serious magic school I'll be happy.
And by serious i mean scaling spells in dmg,enchants for dmg and not cast cost reduction.
Capped cast cost refuction to 75%.
---
I find it kind of funny,I find it kind of sad,
The dreams in which I'm dying , are the best I've ever had!
#3Valtiel43Posted 11/28/2012 12:15:55 PM(edited)
Solstheim being the size of Whiterun is absurd. It's a pretty big island in Morrowind. If it were the size of Whiterun it would take about 20 seconds to sprint across it.
---
"Real glory springs from the silent conquest of ourselves."
#4Nova EXPosted 11/28/2012 12:17:13 PM
Whiterun + Falkreath Holds, that's how big I say
---
GT: GhostyLasers
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#5FluffyKidJoePosted 11/28/2012 12:18:53 PM
Valtiel43 posted...
Solstheim being the size of Whiterun is absurd. It's a pretty big island in Morrowind. If it were the size of Whiterun it would take about 20 seconds to sprint across it.

You realize they're referring to Whiterun hold, not Whiterun city, right?
#6Valtiel43Posted 11/28/2012 12:19:31 PM
FluffyKidJoe posted...
Valtiel43 posted...

Then they should have said that. >_>
---
"Real glory springs from the silent conquest of ourselves."
#7rickyresto28Posted 11/28/2012 12:22:53 PM
Believe, believe the Dragonborn comes.
#8UjigumPosted 11/28/2012 12:28:32 PM
whiterun hold is the biggest hold!! woop woop im a happy camper
---
recovering skooma addict
#9gamesmasterwanttobePosted 11/28/2012 12:44:58 PM
Valtiel43 posted...
FluffyKidJoe posted...
Valtiel43 posted...

no offence but it was incredibly obvious.
---
"I have a Girlfriend who is 13 years younger than me - Back of the net!"- Alan Partridge
FC (Trades/Battles) 5414 2981 6170
#10xDeadrebornxPosted 11/28/2012 12:52:26 PM
gamesmasterwanttobe posted...
Valtiel43 posted...
FluffyKidJoe posted...
Valtiel43 posted...

no offence but it was incredibly obvious.

not if you are dumb
---
It was close...real close.