So. That Dark Brotherhood?

#11BlackestGardenPosted 11/29/2012 11:05:46 AM
From a cost/benefit standpoint, why would you ever kill them?

Rewards:

*Shadowmere
- Supposedly the fastest Horse in game with the most health. The thing tanks legendary dragons. It also respawns if killed.

*Dawnstar Sanctuary
- Weapon Racks.
- Alchemy Garden.
- Mannequins.
- Lots of Storage chests.
- Easy access from well in Dawnstar.
- Alchemy training.
- Light Armor training.
- Three Dog.

*Blade of Woe
- Higher base damage than all daggers (With the exception of Dragonbone).

*Ancient Shrouded Armor
- Not that great compared to Smithed & enchanted items, but comparatively excellent when it comes to standard in-game enchanted loot & armor.

* Summon Spectral Assassin
- Lucien Lachance. Great if you need a diversion and you don't specialize in conjuration.

*Vampire Friendly
- Free feeding for even stage 4 vampires. Even with Vamps revamped in DG, still useful.

**Best Followers in game.
- Dark Brotherhood initiates scale to your level and with the right gear and dual wielding, are absolutely vicious. Try taking them on two of them at once with the best gear, you're in for one of the hardest fights of your Skyrim career.

Seriously, if I'm bored I go to a city and sit back while I watch them slaughter everyone. Or I go up to a Dragon lair and watch them take down a legendary with 2-3 hits.

- Not to mention, through an easy to do exploit, its possible to have both of them follow you at the same time.
#12WhereDidItGoPosted 11/29/2012 11:23:30 AM
BlackestGarden posted...
From a cost/benefit standpoint, why would you ever kill them?

Well for me at least, I just either don't miss those things or can get them elsewhere. I don't use horses, I like other followers better than the initiates, I didn't like Lucian Lachance in Oblivion and his ghost is still just as annoying, and I don't like the look of the DB armor.

Blade of Woe is cool, but you can get that by wiping them out. Windshear is really the only unique thing in the DB questline that I find cool to have, though even then I probably wouldn't use it that much because I like other sword designs better than scimitars and generally appearance wins me over more than ability when it comes to loot.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#13SoulOfFaythPosted 11/29/2012 11:48:09 AM
And not everyone does every playthrough just to get as much stuff as possible. If you're playing a good character, it makes sense to wipe them out. Also, all the things you get from them aren't things you would actually need, and can be replaced. The only reward without compare is shadowmere, but it's not like you HAVE to have shadowmere in every playthrough, if I play a good character I make do with a regular horse, if I even use one in the first place.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#14The_Real_Turnip(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 9:57:32 PM
Heck of an analysis BlackestGarden. From that list though, it really comes down to Windshear + Initiates vs Dark Brotherhood Forever.

Arvak > Shadowmere (opinion - I don't like the horse controls in this game, and being able to summon it on occasion is better then a constant follower)
Ancient Shrouded Armour is good non-crafted gear, but ugly as hell, and the Sanctuary itself is easily replaced (it's certainly not like we're hurting for player housing, is it?). The Initiates certainly are badasses though (and quiet - unlike some followers - which is nice).

On the flipside, Dark Brotherhood Forever infuriates me in a way I can't really describe (and don't expect to make sense to most people). It really is a tough call.
#15lordgamingtonVPosted 11/30/2012 1:14:55 AM
If they made it a questline to destroy them and allowed you to marry Muiri even if you destroyed them, then I would destroy them always.
---
They say that a dead man tells no tales. I disagree. They tell tales all the time, we just have to learn to listen.
#16MrcTOtheJPosted 11/30/2012 1:23:20 AM
Depends on if you think it fits the build/charictar My Orc Warrior destroyed it, my Paladin will do the same, and my Battlemage Joined as did my Nightblade Archer.

If you want bonus' they have them BlackestGarden's was acurate to a tee. Not to mention dat 20000 was it gold for beating the quest but if you've done damn near everything and loot and sell allot, it really means jack of s*** after awhile, not to mention it blew it all and then some on one house and some upgrades for it.

Really depends, been thinking if my Mage should join, he's Nutral so I can't go in from that angle...and the only real thing he'd benefit from are the Robes and I can enchant a better set even now. Odds are I'll just by pass it for the reason that, destoying it dosen't net muc (5000 Gold I can make that enchanting some random bits of Armor which is what my mage does) and he dosen't ride horses, and on the occasion he dose he just steals one.
---
Self Proclaimed Offical HoonDing, The Yokudan God of Make Way of the TES:V Skyrim Boards (360/PS3)
WOHHHHHHH!
#17strifechug2Posted 11/30/2012 3:25:34 AM
I just join in for the nice nice tights.
---
I'll plant an IED right.... here... *dig dig*
#18MattVSinPosted 11/30/2012 9:30:39 AM
I just started a new game and I'm level 8. Walking towards the Steed Stone and I have an assassin attack me so I killed him. On him was a letter from the Dark Brotherhood saying that my death was prayed for and it was paid in full.

Dark Brotherhood is going down but I would really love to see who prayed for my death.
---
PSN: MattVSin
Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions. - "Rowdy" Roddy Piper