Remember when todd howard said races would be more different from each other

#11Dreadsword101Posted 11/29/2012 1:27:34 PM
Todd lied. He does it quite a lot, actually.
#12headscar918Posted 11/29/2012 1:28:01 PM
I don't believe anything this guy says...He claims to be MadaraUchiha...
---
-
GT: Skakul Minecraft: K07HeSc PSN: N/A
#13RebelElite791Posted 11/29/2012 1:28:25 PM
Dreadsword101 posted...

RebelElite791 posted...
MadaraUchiha posted...
It was one of the first interviews he said he wanted the race you choose to impact the gameplay and your character as a whole. Claiming thered be a lot of diversity between the races

>>Wanted the race to

I dont see how "wanting something to be in the game" is akin to saying it is and lying, personally...

That's like a game developer saying "well, we'd really like to put this in the game" And when it doesn't happen, people calling them a liar. Really now.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#14Dreadsword101Posted 11/29/2012 1:30:01 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Dreadsword101 posted...

RebelElite791 posted...
MadaraUchiha posted...
It was one of the first interviews he said he wanted the race you choose to impact the gameplay and your character as a whole. Claiming thered be a lot of diversity between the races

>>Wanted the race to

I dont see how "wanting something to be in the game" is akin to saying it is and lying, personally...

That's like a game developer saying "well, we'd really like to put this in the game" And when it doesn't happen, people calling them a liar. Really now.

I also called them a bimbo one time.

Got any toast?
#15alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 11/29/2012 1:33:35 PM
I'm sure every game developer ever wanted their game to be the best. Did they lie when it did not turn out so?
---
White FC: 0132 3012 2303
#16RikiazPosted 11/29/2012 1:33:40 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Dreadsword101 posted...

RebelElite791 posted...
MadaraUchiha posted...

>>Wanted the race to

That's because the majority of people are stupid, and stupid people assume things that aren't true. When you get hyped about assumptions you are bound to be disappointed.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#17WvethPosted 11/29/2012 1:35:22 PM
That was one of my biggest problems with the game. I'm the only Argonian or Khajiit who's allowed to live in Windhelm? The only Dark Elf not forced to live in the Grey Quarter? And it never even gets brought up.

All the Nords instantly and implicitly trust me even though I'm a High Elf, and we're their worst enemy right now? That's nonsense. Race is a total non-issue and it severely undercuts any attempt at role-playing anything other than a Nord.
---
Wveth!
#18RebelElite791Posted 11/29/2012 1:36:09 PM
Wveth posted...
That was one of my biggest problems with the game. I'm the only Argonian or Khajiit who's allowed to live in Windhelm? The only Dark Elf not forced to live in the Grey Quarter? And it never even gets brought up.

All the Nords instantly and implicitly trust me even though I'm a High Elf, and we're their worst enemy right now? That's nonsense. Race is a total non-issue and it severely undercuts any attempt at role-playing anything other than a Nord.

Except A) You're the Dragonborn, and B) "High Elves" are not the enemy. The Thalmor are.

Please learn what you're talking about before posting, it helps you not look so silly.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#19NTJack0Posted 11/29/2012 1:36:38 PM
That's you never listen to Todd, you fool.
#20WvethPosted 11/29/2012 1:44:10 PM
I know what I'm talking about, Rebel.

You can do all these things before it's revealed that you're Dragonborn, so that is not the in-game reason you're treated like you are regardless of race.

And yes, I know the Thalmor are the enemies and most High Elves are not Thalmor. I also know that some Nords don't bother to discriminate between types of Elves, let alone the political affiliation of a certain kind.

There's no need to be a jerk about it. I wasn't saying that no Nords should respect you if you're a High Elf, but there should be some mistrust from some of them, at least. Everything plays exactly the same and it makes race a non-issue. This creates a gulf between gameplay and story that I do understand from a practicality standpoint, but I still think hurts immersion badly.
---
Wveth!