Remember when todd howard said races would be more different from each other

#31TweezerMasterPosted 11/29/2012 2:11:30 PM
Bigj089 posted...
No. But I didn't listen to all the hype build up.

Hype? What hype? Clearly you have never hear of Peter. Now THAT guy knows how to hype games up to be nothing like what he said they would. Though I wish a game like this one would have race specific quests, conversations, and even reactions from different npcs. For example, going into Windhelm as an Argonian, it would be interesting if you were told to either get your a** down to the docks, or to leave this place.
---
Ichi wa zen, Zen wa ichi
#32kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 2:11:44 PM
Rikiaz posted...
Is it such a hard premise to understand that he never, once, said that they would be more different, he said he, himself, personally, wanted them to be more different. It's not his fault if people assume he meant they would be.

And this is exactly why he said it the way he did!

It's called plausible deniability. He said it that way so that he and you could specifically make the statement "Well, I never said I WOULD. Just that I wanted to." after the hype has gone down and people are handling the real product.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#33RebelElite791Posted 11/29/2012 2:14:00 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
Rikiaz posted...
Is it such a hard premise to understand that he never, once, said that they would be more different, he said he, himself, personally, wanted them to be more different. It's not his fault if people assume he meant they would be.

It's called plausible deniability. He said it that way so that he and you could specifically make the statement "Well, I never said I WOULD. Just that I wanted to." after the hype has gone down and people are handling the real product.

He said he wanted to. He isn't the entire company.

And again, we've yet to see an actual quote/source for this posted...
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#34SpawnRazorPosted 11/29/2012 2:27:25 PM(edited)
Todd Howard himself merely stated he personally would like for these things to be in the game, if this was one of the first interviews it is plausible that they Bethesda still had alot on the table to sift through.

At that time the impact of race may have been at the top of the list of added features and he felt comfortible mentioning it, and how he wanted it to happen. Voice of opinion.
Which then a few weeks later it was scrapped, or it may have been something discussed, and was voted against and he just thought it was such a kool idea and wanted to mention how he would have enjoyed that mechanic.

Mentioning wanting a steak dinner when steak dinner is not an option does not mean you are lying about wanting steak lol. Why mention it? Who knows..but you do it anyways.
---
\ (*-*) / Praise Toeh! You didn't think that you were the only one, I was the first.
#35LolOkayPosted 11/29/2012 2:27:15 PM
Don't quote me on this but Todd did lie. IIRC he said we'd be able to wreck town economies?
#36Bigj089Posted 11/29/2012 2:30:19 PM
TweezerMaster posted...
Bigj089 posted...
No. But I didn't listen to all the hype build up.

Hype? What hype? Clearly you have never hear of Peter. Now THAT guy knows how to hype games up to be nothing like what he said they would. Though I wish a game like this one would have race specific quests, conversations, and even reactions from different npcs. For example, going into Windhelm as an Argonian, it would be interesting if you were told to either get your a** down to the docks, or to leave this place.

Haha no Ive heard of him and even what I read and watched that guy was a hype machine. Still enjoyed the hell out of Fable. The next two. Eh. Worth the rent I guess.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#37Bigj089Posted 11/29/2012 2:33:05 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
Rikiaz posted...

Still, if he didn't say it was going to be in then there is really nothing to be that upset about. They said they wanted it in, and very early on I might add, but it didn't pan out. Its better than say the 300 hour speed runs by 38 Studios on KoAR. And that's something they repeated A LOT.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#38LethalAffinityPosted 11/29/2012 2:48:12 PM
Don't quote me on this but Todd did lie. IIRC he said we'd be able to wreck town economies?

Yep.
---
http://i.imgur.com/o22hh.gif http://i.imgur.com/Tc7jg.jpg
Six-stringed piece of furniture.
#39obishawnPosted 11/29/2012 2:53:58 PM
LolOkay posted...

How is that a lie? You can kill shop merchants.
---
Winter is coming
#40kylekillgannonPosted 11/29/2012 3:17:20 PM
obishawn posted...
LolOkay posted...

How is that a lie? You can kill shop merchants.

It implies that doing so does more than just limits your purchasing ability. It forms the implication that this world is functioning on more than a superficial level and that without certain aspects of it that the community inside the game would suffer, but it's very static.

The words he says are meant to fill your mind with possibilities and not necessarily be true.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.