Bug that won't let me shout

#1Valtiel43Posted 11/29/2012 11:23:47 PM
This has been happening to me ever since I got the game a year ago. I'll be able to shout fine outside of combat, but for some reason when I'm in combat I randomly can't shout. It's extremely frustrating. I'll just keep hitting the button and absolutely nothing happens. If I go into the menu and try to change the shout, it will say "Unable to change shouts while shouting".

Eventually once combat is over I'll be able to do the shout. Or even sometimes in combat it will randomly happen well after I have hit the button a million times.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
---
"Real glory springs from the silent conquest of ourselves."
#2XydruPosted 11/29/2012 11:28:35 PM
Yeah, it happens to me frequently. Performing another action (like bashing) seems to fix it.
---
Sorry baby, I was off being a swan for Leda. She loves that kinky stuff.
#3RebelElite791Posted 11/29/2012 11:42:09 PM
Xydru posted...
Yeah, it happens to me frequently. Performing another action (like bashing) seems to fix it.

Pretty much that. Sometimes just blocking for a sec clears it up.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#4RampagingwalrusPosted 11/29/2012 11:42:58 PM
You also need Stamina to Shout, so if you have used it and it has not regenerated yet, you will be unable to shout.
Happens a lot when fighting enemies that use frost damage.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#5RebelElite791Posted 11/29/2012 11:44:44 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
You also need Stamina to Shout, so if you have used it and it has not regenerated yet, you will be unable to shout.

Uesp says only some shouts like WWS. You sure bout dat one?
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#6RampagingwalrusPosted 11/29/2012 11:55:26 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Uesp says only some shouts like WWS. You sure bout dat one?

From personal experience, yes.
But there are a lot of shouts that I have never even attempted to use, due to how much they suck.
However, almost every time I have attempted to use a shout, and nothing happened, it was due to not having any Stamina.
The rest, lag... too many things on screen doing too much at once, and it belches out as soon as things kick back into proper timing.
---
#7XydruPosted 11/30/2012 12:00:26 AM(edited)

I've only ever noticed that to be true for Whirlwind Sprint. I'm not sure which other shouts, if any, that applies to.
---
#8charon78auPosted 11/30/2012 12:26:19 AM

Are you ******* kidding me? That's why? I had no idea.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#9XydruPosted 11/30/2012 12:32:01 AM
Playing round with shouts now.. It doesn't seem like stamina effects them at all. Not even Whirlwind Sprint, which I was mistaken about. It uses stamina, but not having any doesn't stop you from being able to shout.
---
#10RampagingwalrusPosted 11/30/2012 12:52:26 AM
Xydru posted...
Playing round with shouts now.. It doesn't seem like stamina effects them at all. Not even Whirlwind Sprint, which I was mistaken about. It uses stamina, but not having any doesn't stop you from being able to shout.

Strange... as a Vampire whenever I am in the sun, and therefore usually have no Stamina, I can never shout.
---