How DARE Bethesda not give us spears?

#41I_am_Zuo_KangPosted 11/30/2012 11:43:38 AM
I'm not actually surprised or disappointed about not using spears (if true), although I personally like spears as a melee weapon since Morrowind. Since my main guy is a mage, I use the Staff of Icy Spear and sort of pretend it's a magical "ice spear". Anyways I noticed one of the Rieklings used a spear that's larger than the player character himself. I'll just see when the DLC comes out.
---
XBL: AnonymousJayCee
Skyrim: Khajiit Adventurer | RE6: Leon S. Kennedy | DOA5: Kokoro (main), Akira (Sub) | BO2: XPR-50, Ballista sniper rifles
#42MC2011Posted 11/30/2012 11:43:43 AM
Being black friends is 20% cooler.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#43JoeSnake132Posted 11/30/2012 1:29:42 PM
Back to TC's point (didn't read lol), It TRULY is a crime. Especially since we were PROMISED everything from the gamejam vid.
---
which is better to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through effort?
#44jrr18Posted 11/30/2012 1:31:13 PM
josnkae132 posted...
Back to TC's point (didn't read lol), It TRULY is a crime. Especially since we were PROMISED everything from the gamejam vid.

Yha were's my giant mudcrab!!
---
Raar im a goblin!
jrr101
#45Proudnarutofan1Posted 11/30/2012 1:32:39 PM
Spears would be fun, yet i believe if they were added they would be rather hard to use.
#46cynic79Posted 11/30/2012 1:48:23 PM
While I would certainly love to see more content in the game, I understand that some things have to be cut because of time or because it would simply be too much trouble to code them into the game. The Levitation spell comes to mind, given the difficulty in incorporating that into a game which breaks cities into separate cells.
#47ninji_Posted 11/30/2012 1:55:37 PM
Perma-n00b posted...
Thingz awful fans that Bethesda will never listen to want in ES:

- Spears
- Medium armor
- Unarmored
- Levitation
- no fast travel.
- no compass

Just give up already, its getting sad.

How come just because you hate those things, you expect everyone else to hate those ideas or they are stupid/sad ect..

The only reason Spears, Medium armor, unarmored were removed was because of the simple fact that this series was getting casualized.

Levitation was more or less so people couldent break the game by getting into un-loaded towns and people can choose NOT to fast travel already, so whoever is asking to remove that is rather stupid. The no compass thing is almost the same. You can always de-select the quest if i remember. It wont stop you from progressing the quest, its just not 'marked' for you.
---
PSN: Quad_Lazer
Pawn: Nala [thats a lower case L]
#48TheBestFallerPosted 11/30/2012 2:04:06 PM
ninji_ posted...
The only reason Spears, Medium armor, unarmored were removed was because of the simple fact that this series was getting casualized.

Love this reasoning. Couldn't have anything to do with the normal give and take that comes from upgrades. We've got much better looking and playing game, but they should have been able to make those improvements without compromising elsewhere, right?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#49valserianPosted 11/30/2012 2:06:00 PM
i miss spell crafting and i demand spears.

who remembers creeper? cuz we need him back
---
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
#50MC2011Posted 11/30/2012 2:09:38 PM(edited)
who remembers creeper? cuz we need him back

Screw that jazz, I just Marked the TMM and recalled whenever I needed to off-load loot. Then used Divine Intervention to teleport back to Ebonheart.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger