So, about possibly having dragon mounts...

#1Omega_GilgameshPosted 12/2/2012 10:35:27 PM
...if we DO have dragon mounts, I'm about 90% positive you'll ONLY be able to ride it in the area where Dragonborn takes place, Solstheim or Gnisis, depending on which source you reference.

My reasoning behind this is simple: if you can fly anywhere, then you'll be able to land INSIDE city walls. Now, the major cities aren't actually on the outdoor map, they're separate cells, just like the inside of a house is a separate cell from the outdoors. Now, the developers would anticipate people would try to land in the city limits of the outdoors cell, and find they can't do anything and complain about failed emulsion (admit it, you would), so how do they prevent this? Keep it in an area DESIGNED to allow dragon flight to where ever you want, just as long as it's within that arena.
---
"In this business, either you learn and grow or you die." Ron Kaufmann, and that's why the republicans lost, this is a country, not a business.
#2zeroboboPosted 12/2/2012 10:38:40 PM
they've put invisible walls in places before, why not just put invisible walls around the walled cities?

easy fix to refute your claim.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#3SparklelordPosted 12/2/2012 10:39:05 PM
From the leaks (they've been very convincing with pics and everything) there is Dragon Taming and its only in Solstheim.

Bravo, sir. Your reasoning is correct.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0qLhAOPI2Y
#4The_Real_TurnipPosted 12/2/2012 10:40:48 PM
Or, they could make it so you get a popup warning that you're approaching the city area and the population might react poorly to a perceived dragon attack. If you click to continue forward you get a zone transition screen and a 10, 000 bounty. Then everyone attacks you.

It's so easy I'm kinda surprised they never just did something like that for Oblivion + Levitate spells - I'm not sure many people would care about a popup saying you were entering a city and then having confirm to fly into it. In some places it could be a crime, to make things more interesting. It's a little immersion breaking, but no more so then load screens to enter caves without doors.

I'll be the first to admit that it'll never happen, and dragon riding will either be:
A) Coaches.
B) Solstheim restricted.
#5RebelElite791Posted 12/2/2012 10:43:29 PM
Um, Gnisis? Lol.

We know it's in Solstheim. Gnisis is a backwater little town.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#6SparklelordPosted 12/2/2012 10:43:46 PM
The_Real_Turnip posted...
Or, they could make it so you get a popup warning that you're approaching the city area and the population might react poorly to a perceived dragon attack. If you click to continue forward you get a zone transition screen and a 10, 000 bounty. Then everyone attacks you.

*Forgets that you saved Nirn*

Guard: You have committed crimes agai--- *YOLLLLL*
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0qLhAOPI2Y
#7R41NB0W-D45HPosted 12/2/2012 10:49:17 PM
I totally called the Coach thing, like, waaay back in the day. Back when Dragonborn was nothing but speculation.

Will be sexy as hell if it proves true.
---
I'm never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.
#8KeldonisPosted 12/2/2012 11:10:10 PM
Sparklelord posted...
From the leaks (they've been very convincing with pics and everything) there is Dragon Taming and its only in Solstheim.

If true, this is rather disappointing, though I guess it's better than nothing.

I was hoping we'd be able to ride them freely in Skyrim.

Guess we'll know for sure in the next day or so.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#9Omega_Gilgamesh(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:16:01 PM
Sparklelord posted...

Sometimes, I hate being right. I'd totally take The_Real_Turnip's idea over that.
---
"In this business, either you learn and grow or you die." Ron Kaufmann, and that's why the republicans lost, this is a country, not a business.