Will the Dragonborn DLC let me side with Alduin the Dragon God?

#11KevoCSCS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:06:23 AM
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
KevoCSCS posted...
That's so stupid! In Fallout:New Vegas you can side with Ceasar's Legion who are arguably the antagonists of the game, so why doesn't Skyrim let you?

Because helping The World-Eater doesn't exactly make designing sequels easier.

Good gawd, do people even think anymore?

They don't have to make it cannon but we should have the option nonetheless. Kind of like being evil in Knights of the Old Republic.
#12DrBrownFingerPosted 12/3/2012 11:07:36 AM
KevoCSCS posted...
That's so stupid! In Fallout:New Vegas you can side with Ceasar's Legion who are arguably the antagonists of the game, so why doesn't Skyrim let you?

Caesar's Legion was not an Antagonist. It's just that bethesda forced Obsidian to have the game done at a certain time, so they didn't get to show much of the Legion. The entire game takes place in NCR territory, so of course they only focus on the slavery aspect. The Legion has the safest roads, and healthiest people(They put a ban on any and all chemicals. Not even stimpacks), they focus on procreation and have a very powerful military. Yea, everyone has to serve, but so does everyone in Israel and nobody gets on them about it.
#13R41NB0W-D45HPosted 12/3/2012 11:08:10 AM
KevoCSCS posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
KevoCSCS posted...

They don't have to make it cannon but we should have the option nonetheless. Kind of like being evil in Knights of the Old Republic.

That's not how The Elder Scrolls works. If you want s*** like that, find another series.
---
I'm never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.
#14TheLittlestH0boPosted 12/3/2012 11:09:13 AM
Caesar's legion doesn't completely end the world. So, while probably not the cannon ending, siding with them doesn't preclude a sequel. Alduin offers no such quarter.
---
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx
#15KevoCSCS(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:12:21 AM
DrBrownFinger posted...
KevoCSCS posted...

Caesar's Legion was not an Antagonist. It's just that bethesda forced Obsidian to have the game done at a certain time, so they didn't get to show much of the Legion. The entire game takes place in NCR territory, so of course they only focus on the slavery aspect. The Legion has the safest roads, and healthiest people(They put a ban on any and all chemicals. Not even stimpacks), they focus on procreation and have a very powerful military. Yea, everyone has to serve, but so does everyone in Israel and nobody gets on them about it.

That's whats kind of cool about Fallout New Vegas. There is a bit of moral ambiguity in it's choices.
It ultimately makes the player decide whether or not safety and prosperity is worth sacrificing your liberty for.

I just wish Skyrim gave us similar choices. They don't have to be cannon but I think it would be cool if there were some sort of Cthulu-like cult of Dragon Priests dedicated to serving Alduin.
#16GriffRobertsPosted 12/3/2012 11:13:00 AM
TheLittlestH0bo posted...
Caesar's legion doesn't completely end the world. So, while probably not the cannon ending, siding with them doesn't preclude a sequel. Alduin offers no such quarter.

Especially since Caesar's Legion taking over New Vegas doesn't have much impact in another distant area, unless Fallout 4 takes place in the southwest. Just like how the events of Fallout 3 have nothing to do with New Vegas.

And if s*** gets real in Morrowind, Cyrodiil, or the entire mortal realm, that's kinda felt everywhere.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#17Poundx2Posted 12/3/2012 11:13:24 AM
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
KevoCSCS posted...

+3 for illuminating that little caveat.
---
I know what I did was wrong, but they were so pretty.
#18RebelElite791Posted 12/3/2012 3:24:01 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
KevoCSCS posted...

Because Fallout =/= Elder Scrolls.

The Elder Scrolls have a timeline to follow, where the events of a game influence future games and are treated as historical fact. Last time we had major plot choices, they just made everything canon and called it the Warp in the West.

I'm surprised they even gave us the option to destroy the Dark Brotherhood.

To be fair, The DB will probably be destroyed either way It just won't be clear at what point it happened, ya dig?
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#19protoman dynastyPosted 12/3/2012 3:30:05 PM
I doubt sithis would allow that. Atleast permanently.
---
enyoi 4x thunderbreaker-khaini
#20RebelElite791Posted 12/3/2012 3:35:56 PM
protoman dynasty posted...
I doubt sithis would allow that. Atleast permanently.

Sithis is neither a god nor an entity. Sithis is chaos, like gravity. A force. Nothing more.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing