If you could make any NPC High King, who would you pick?

#101Bigj089Posted 12/3/2012 10:13:52 PM
Fade_Chokes posted...

People love to throw The Way of The Voice in against Ulfric even though he used it exactly like the dragonborn does. First against the elves in the great war then again against the Forsworn to free Markarth after the Jarl begged for help and the empire ignored him.

There are multiple accounts of the battle but the NPCs that are still in Markarth speak nothing but praises so I'm not so sure about the validity of that one book that states otherwise.

And once again, the way of the voice is a philosophy. Some people honestly belief it's the rulebook that comes with the thu'um. The Thu'um never had any sort of restriction on it until Jurgen got so demoralized that he decided everyone should become monks to cover the shame of being stomped out at Red Mountain by the Dark Elves.

Prior to this the nords have used shouts in every war they could. Yes, Ulfric doesn't follow the way of the voice, that doesn't however constitute as a crime anywhere.

The Way of the Voice is a philosophy and will only be taught by the Greybeards to those don't use it for violence. Its their rule which the Dragonborn is an exception to. If you take on the training youre agreeing to their rules which Ulfric turned on.

Oath wasn't the right word, Ill admit that but he did turn on them albeit for the greater good. The same as the Empire. They want to defeat the Dominion and theyre doing what they can to do so. You cant always please everyone and do the "good" thing at the same time if youre going to save them all.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#102ItamuMPosted 12/3/2012 10:15:00 PM
Babette
---
How do you do? I/ see you've met my/ faithful handyman. He's just a/ little brought down, because/ when you knocked, he thought you were the candy-man.
#103zeroboboPosted 12/3/2012 10:21:57 PM
Bigj089 posted...
Fade_Chokes posted...

People love to throw The Way of The Voice in against Ulfric even though he used it exactly like the dragonborn does. First against the elves in the great war then again against the Forsworn to free Markarth after the Jarl begged for help and the empire ignored him.

There are multiple accounts of the battle but the NPCs that are still in Markarth speak nothing but praises so I'm not so sure about the validity of that one book that states otherwise.

And once again, the way of the voice is a philosophy. Some people honestly belief it's the rulebook that comes with the thu'um. The Thu'um never had any sort of restriction on it until Jurgen got so demoralized that he decided everyone should become monks to cover the shame of being stomped out at Red Mountain by the Dark Elves.

Prior to this the nords have used shouts in every war they could. Yes, Ulfric doesn't follow the way of the voice, that doesn't however constitute as a crime anywhere.

The Way of the Voice is a philosophy and will only be taught by the Greybeards to those don't use it for violence. Its their rule which the Dragonborn is an exception to. If you take on the training youre agreeing to their rules which Ulfric turned on.

Oath wasn't the right word, Ill admit that but he did turn on them albeit for the greater good. The same as the Empire. They want to defeat the Dominion and theyre doing what they can to do so. You cant always please everyone and do the "good" thing at the same time if youre going to save them all.

i dunno, i respect ulfric for using his thu'um to help people alot more than the greybeards who sit on their mountain quietly shouting at each other while the world burns around them.

stupid hippy greybeards, why dont you help some people? jerks!
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#104jrr18Posted 12/3/2012 10:23:21 PM
zerobobo posted...
Bigj089 posted...
Fade_Chokes posted...

i dunno, i respect ulfric for using his thu'um to help people alot more than the greybeards who sit on their mountain quietly shouting at each other while the world burns around them.

There smoking nirnroot with parthanx the burning city's make there trip better.
---
I am goblin commander! Goblin!
jrr101
#105SeaArrKingPosted 12/3/2012 10:34:37 PM
jrr18 posted...
zerobobo posted...
Bigj089 posted...
Fade_Chokes posted...

There smoking nirnroot with parthanx the burning city's make there trip better.

I'm now laughing at the image of a dragon smoking herb with a bunch of wise old dudes who probably have to hold in their stoner laughs because their voices may cause the Throat of the World to crumble to dust.

On a more serious note, even though the Empire seems to be working with the Dominion, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the Empire's citizens wish for them to fight off the elves and cast off the chains of Elvish oppression. The Empire is simply biding its time. Soon, they will strike. Or not. I just like to believe they will. As the NPCs who wish to join the Legion say, "A united Empire is better for everyone." The Dominion will fall, or the Empire will tear itself apart to an Elvish tune.
---
If only I could be so grossly incandescent.
3DS Friend Code: 0989-2264-8970
#106HeyZeussPosted 12/3/2012 10:41:39 PM
M'aiq The Liar.
#107I_am_Zuo_KangPosted 12/3/2012 10:48:23 PM
Maiq the Liar as High King!
---
XBL: AnonymousJayCee
Skyrim: Khajiit Adventurer | RE6: Leon S. Kennedy | DOA5: Kokoro (main), Akira (Sub) | BO2: XPR-50, Ballista sniper rifles
#108runner5676Posted 12/3/2012 11:08:02 PM
ShockWav3 posted...
I know lots of people like Balgruuf, but I find him to lack determination. I vote Kodlak Whitemane personally.

Kodlak would be good, but it would require some necromancy to make that happen.

I vote Alvor the smith in Riverwood. He gave me a book once so I like em.
---
Beth fanboy logic: "This rat poison comes in a bigger container than this champagne, so clearly it's the better value." Duckyhunter
#109runner5676Posted 12/3/2012 11:08:58 PM
Mythrender posted...
Urag gro-Shub, there is something about a Librarian Orc Mage, that just screams "I could run a province"

Oh you're so right. I think he'd run a tight ship.
---
Beth fanboy logic: "This rat poison comes in a bigger container than this champagne, so clearly it's the better value." Duckyhunter
#110RebelElite791Posted 12/3/2012 11:12:35 PM
Fade_Chokes posted...

People love to throw The Way of The Voice in against Ulfric even though he used it exactly like the dragonborn does

I'm sorry, Ulfric is a Dovah now? Lol?

clone11 posted...

Can I call you Kiki-Jiki?

ily

just sayin
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing