If you could make any NPC High King, who would you pick?

#61Baugh_22Posted 12/3/2012 7:16:49 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
I guess MLK was bad for promoting civil disobedience and feeling entitled to basic human dignity? :P

Nope, MLK wasn't bad because he didn't promote civil disobedience for his own personal gain, like Brunwulf does.

Brunwulf is actively pushing the Dark Elves into revolting so that if they take control of the city they make him their leader.

Is this implied by any dialogue or other source?

If not, wow, what an ass-pull.
---
Washington Redskins: 5-6
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/nash/wtfiwwy
#62Erroneous_SnakePosted 12/3/2012 7:17:26 PM
RebelElite791 posted...

Talos worship was NOT enforced in Skyrim until Ulfric's rebellion. Try again.

I'll argue that that can't be proven as the first undeniable accounts are of Ulfric himself being arrested. Unless there's some other account I missed we don't have proof either way. All npc chatter about being be abducted happened after the rebellion started.

And since even Torrygg was worshipping in secret while he was alive you can't really say they weren't afraid of being seen. It's not like they all just laughed at the concordat and pranced around in the streets praising talos.
---
This message has been brought to you from my Galaxy Nexus
#63LethalAffinityPosted 12/3/2012 7:21:06 PM
Urag gro-Shub, there is something about a Librarian Orc Mage, that just screams "I could run a province"

This
---
http://i.imgur.com/o22hh.gif
Seminiferous Tubloidial Buttnoids
#64zeroboboPosted 12/3/2012 7:22:09 PM
according to rebel, oppressive laws banning and outlawing a widespread religion under punishment of torture and death isn't a big deal as long as its not super heavily enforced.

good to know he'll allow his civil rights to be crushed as long as they're slow and gentle about it.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#65Jstretch19Posted 12/3/2012 7:22:42 PM
Baugh_22 posted...
Is this implied by any dialogue or other source?

If not, wow, what an ass-pull.

Its obvious to anyone who pays attention. He encourages the Dunmers' whiny behavior, even though the Altmer merchant in Windhelm proves that they are in fact whiny and lazy.
---
You can't handle the Ception.
#66Ajd_KingPosted 12/3/2012 7:27:09 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
Its obvious to anyone who pays attention. He encourages the Dunmers' whiny behavior, even though the Altmer merchant in Windhelm proves that they are in fact whiny and lazy.

Doesn't he encourage them to just talk to Ulfric or the steward or whoever about their problems? I can't recall him doing anything like planning a revolt.

Besides, most of the Dunmer in the Grey Quarter don't have any whiney dialogue. Not saying you said they did, just saying that before someone else comes in trying to tell me all the Dunmer are Nord hating welfarererers.
#67The_Viking_SwanPosted 12/3/2012 7:28:38 PM
Bear #351681893
---
Official World's best Walrus
//NVBM\\
#68GoodysRAGEPosted 12/3/2012 7:29:15 PM
Bigj089 posted...
SILKA posted...
The first Guard that made the "Arrow in the Knee" joke because he'd be invincible over his foes committing Sudoku over saying that joke over and over again.

I think you have the wrong word there.

It's almost as if you haven't spent much time on the internet
---
"Dota players can barely handle one unit, did you really expect them to be able to handle more than one comeback?" - Sub Tank
#69Bigj089Posted 12/3/2012 7:29:18 PM
zerobobo posted...
according to rebel, oppressive laws banning and outlawing a widespread religion under punishment of torture and death isn't a big deal as long as its not super heavily enforced.

good to know he'll allow his civil rights to be crushed as long as they're slow and gentle about it.

Yeah better to make a massive fuss so they move in and crack down on the law and kill a bunch of people instead of keeping it secret until you take care of the enemy.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#70RebelElite791Posted 12/3/2012 7:30:32 PM
zerobobo posted...

I would understand the need to worship in secret while my Empire regained the power to crush the elven bastards, yes.

People who are loud and proud about religion are disturbing on many levels.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing