I don't understand how people can side with the imperials

#11RebelElite791Posted 12/4/2012 1:43:08 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...
The Stormcloaks started the war, commited high treason/murder, are racist, and are entirely responsible for the situation you're put in at the start of the game.
They're responsible for the entire situation that happens at the start.

Funny, I thought it was the Empire that surrendered to the Thalmor.

Pre-Ulfric's rebellion Talos worship was barely enforced in Skyrim.

Bigj089 posted...
Because I can put aside personal grudges for what I see as the greater good of Tamriel.

That. And for what it's worth, I was fully prepared to go 'Cloak when I started the game. That changed quickly.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#12TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 1:44:14 PM
Kyerofox posted...
By all means join the racists and morons who seem to think they can take on the AD by them selfs =\

The Redguards did it after the Empire abandoned them, why couldn't the Nords do the same?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#13EmblemWarriorPosted 12/4/2012 1:46:38 PM(edited)
I should point out that one of the Stormcloak Jarls says Ulfric is a power-hungry madman who simply wants the throne.

And the High treason is the "seceding from the Empire" bit of thier plan.

TheBestFaller posted...
Kyerofox posted...
By all means join the racists and morons who seem to think they can take on the AD by them selfs =\

The Redguards did it after the Empire abandoned them, why couldn't the Nords do the same?

The Redguards had a large number of trained Legionaries who were "Left behind' and were fighting an occupation force, not the main Dominion army. mostly because the Empire anhilliated said army in the Battle of Red Ring.
---
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
#1420ME2cmpnvetPosted 12/4/2012 1:45:12 PM
If I play a Nord I do Stormcloaks

Anything else I'm Imperial. I dont care about Skyrim. I'm not from there.
---
I used to be Commander Shepard, then I took a plothole in the knee.
"This Forum has gone 0 days without a Star Wars Reference."
#15TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 1:46:19 PM
RebelElite791 posted...

Barely. So we can overlook the atrocities because they haven't personally affected us is what I got out of that. The Thalmor are very much abducting people from their own homes and such, look at Markarth.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#16sPK2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:48:17 PM
See this isn't supposed to be a debate about which side is better, cause really both sides suck.

I'm just saying that in the intro alone the imperials give you a number of reasons to hate them, and almost being beheaded by people who don't even see you as an enemy isn't something most people are able to easily get past
#17EmblemWarriorPosted 12/4/2012 1:48:21 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

Barely. So we can overlook the atrocities because they haven't personally affected us is what I got out of that. The Thalmor are very much abducting people from their own homes and such, look at Markarth.

They only started that AFTER Ulfric got uppity. before that, the Empire was like "sure, there are no Talos worshipers here! *wink wink, nudge nudge*"

Ulfrics actions gave the Thalmor the excuse to come in and crack down like the treaty said they could.
---
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
#18TheCongoPosted 12/4/2012 1:48:44 PM
Why do people side with Imperials?

I only sided with them because I wanted to see it from their POV.

Stormcloaks FTW
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln
#19obishawnPosted 12/4/2012 1:48:53 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...
I should point out that one of the Stormcloak Jarls says Ulfric is a power-hungry madman who simply wants the throne.

I believe that is Leila Lawgiver says that, doesn't make it a fact, that's just her assessment. There are plenty of NPCs that share opposing views.
---
Winter is coming
#20Bigj089Posted 12/4/2012 1:49:31 PM
DrBrownFinger posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...
The Stormcloaks commited high treason/murder.

No they didn't. Ulfric challenged Torygg. Torygg accepted the battle, and lost.

This. He did commit treason but not outright murder. I mean it wasn't really fair, Torygg stood NO chance and Ulfric and everyone else knew it. But it would have basically had the same effect if he didn't accept the challenge and with how he looked up to Ulfric there was no question what choice he was going to make.

Ulfric did so to open up the seat for High King and to basically send the message "Youre with me or against me" to the Jarls.

I mean him challenging Torygg would be like me challenging a 12 year old to a legal fight to the death. I mean its legal but really? Not considering how much Torygg idolized him.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator