I don't understand how people can side with the imperials

#21EmblemWarriorPosted 12/4/2012 1:50:46 PM
obishawn posted...
EmblemWarrior posted...
I should point out that one of the Stormcloak Jarls says Ulfric is a power-hungry madman who simply wants the throne.

I believe that is Leila Lawgiver says that, doesn't make it a fact, that's just her assessment. There are plenty of NPCs that share opposing views.

Actually, its Dengeir of Stuhn who says that. You know, the guy the Stormcloaks put into power in Falkreath
---
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
#22TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 1:51:31 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...
Ulfrics actions gave the Thalmor the excuse to come in and crack down like the treaty said they could.

The treaty that the Empire signed. They knew this would happen, hell, they nearly encouraged it simply by acknowledging it's potential.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#23RikashiPosted 12/4/2012 1:53:31 PM
You know what this boards desperately needs?

The same stupid questions about new DLC asked a couple hundreds times, plus some inane discussions that were finished months ago >_>
---
Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce.
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.
#24TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 1:53:34 PM
Bigj089 posted...
I mean him challenging Torygg would be like me challenging a 12 year old to a legal fight to the death. I mean its legal but really? Not considering how much Torygg idolized him.

I'd have to say then that the 12 y.o. in this example wouldn't be fit to lead a country during a war, let alone be in a position of power to begin with.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#25Bigj089Posted 12/4/2012 1:55:54 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Bigj089 posted...
I mean him challenging Torygg would be like me challenging a 12 year old to a legal fight to the death. I mean its legal but really? Not considering how much Torygg idolized him.

I'd have to say then that the 12 y.o. in this example wouldn't be fit to lead a country during a war, let alone be in a position of power to begin with.

No but its best to just kill him so you can get a seat of power right?
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#26obishawnPosted 12/4/2012 1:56:32 PM
Rikashi posted...

The same stupid questions about new DLC asked a couple hundreds times, plus some inane discussions that were finished months ago >_>

You're right! Time to revive the Toeh and Energy Dragon discussions!
---
Winter is coming
#27SpiritofpowerPosted 12/4/2012 1:56:36 PM
From: TheBestFaller | Posted: 12/4/2012 2:46:19 PM | #015
Barely. So we can overlook the atrocities because they haven't personally affected us is what I got out of that. The Thalmor are very much abducting people from their own homes and such, look at Markarth.

The Thalmor started abducting people once Ulfric started whining about Talos worship, before that no one really cared if you had a shrine to Talos. Hadvar even says "Everyone had their own little shrine to Talos," when he's talking about how much trouble Ulfric caused for the people he was claiming to free. If I'm being honest, Ulfric does not give one single crap about Talos or the worship thereof, he's just using Nord religious fervor to raise an army so he can seize power.

Also, siding with the Stormcloaks replaces Balgruuf. I like Balgruuf, he's easily my favorite Jarl in the entire game. He's reasonable, fair, and cares about his hold, his people, and what's best for them.
---
-"You're nuts!"
-"No, I'm condiments! I've been promoted."
#28RebelElite791Posted 12/4/2012 1:58:55 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Bigj089 posted...

ITP a good leader has to be a good warrior.

Or have some way of countering a SHOUT, which he cannot, because it's a cheap, cheap tactic.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#29RikashiPosted 12/4/2012 1:59:07 PM
obishawn posted...
Rikashi posted...

You're right! Time to revive the Toeh and Energy Dragon discussions!

http://mylittlefacewhen.com/f/829/
---
Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce.
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.
#30obishawnPosted 12/4/2012 1:59:09 PM
Balgruuf is an overrated Imperial sellout and a horrible father.
---
Winter is coming