I don't understand how people can side with the imperials

#271Cast_SupremacyPosted 12/11/2012 2:57:22 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Two things:

A) You are not Talos.

B) Talos gives no f***s about this.

I was literally about to quote his post, predicting your arrival ;)

obishawn posted...
MonkeyMagic34 posted...
the Empire's very existence is a form of Talos worship. Tiber Septim, its founder, is Talos, after all. Nobody seemed to reply to it, and I think it was a good point, dammit.

The Empire isn't what it once was under Septim reign, especially under Tiber. Its falling apart. The signing of the White-Gold Concordat was a slap in Tiber's face, a big fat middle finger pointed at the sky. The Empire, as it is in Skyrim, is a Thalmor puppet. To claim that " very existence is a form of Talos worship" is delusional.

I have this friend who was an avid Elder Scrolls fan, but HATES Skyrim with a passion. It's quite extreme. He loved being part of and defending a great glorious empire in Oblivion and bemoans the fact that Skyrim's new lore lore essentially ******* all over his wonderful empire. Honest truth.
#272suksassPosted 12/11/2012 2:57:32 PM
obishawn posted...
suksass posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
suksass posted...

Empire didn't choose civil war. . But they chose the one which presented the smallest risk. Would war against thalmor be a better option? I doub't it.

So they didn't choose civil war, instead they chose civil war? Do you even believe half the stuff that comes out of your mouth?

Yes it seems I need to clarify. The empire could have listened to Ulfric and had to go to war with Thalmor 100% chance. Or they could ignore him (if he did not take matters in his own hands which he did,) and have a chance of civil war on their hands. They may have chosen to risk it but ultimately it was Ulfric's decision to start a civil war, not Empires. But I do admit that Empire played an important part in that decision.

Ulfric started a war for independence, the Empire views it as a civil war. Regardless, the Empire chose to go to war with its own people instead of forming a temporary alliance in order to deal with the Thalmor.

Yes, the Empire chose war.

They knew all about Ulfric and did nothing, then want to get pissed once he finally took action? Dumb. Someone said, "The Empire sees the bigger picture.". What a bunch of crap.

By going to war with its own people, it has weakened itself, which is what the Thalmor wanted all along; but Ulfric is the tool for playing into Thalmor plans and the Empire does no wrong. The civil war will cause more harm than good for the Empire in the bigger picture or the smaller picture. They were fools for choosing war of truce.

Temporary alliance with independant skyrim wouldn't bring anything for Empire. Whats more the risk of Ulfric refusing the alliance was simply to great. The entirety of SC suporters feel resentment towards empire. What makes you certain they would even agree to the alliance? As many pointed out Empire isn't inocent and I agree. they made a lot of stupid decions. But when YOU see a bigger picture things are different. I see that if Ulfric refuses to ally him self with Empire after Skyrim independence then Empire would loose the suport of all the Nors. In this war the Empire still retains suport of atleast half the population. Which is better none or half?
Everything comes to chances and weather your willing to risk it all in the game that is obviously riged by Thalmor and no matter what happens Thalmor are the only winners. cut your loses and move on. Thats what empire did.
#273NordiniPosted 12/11/2012 2:59:17 PM
I sided with them because they seemed like they were going to win. They knew how to live luxuriously and i liked their hierarchy. Plus...i'm a dragonborn so it's not like they can mess with me now anyways.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#274TheBestFallerPosted 12/11/2012 2:59:41 PM
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Mind showing me some proof that Ulfric's a sleeper agent? Something in-game, if you wouldn't mind. Some actual evidence that he's racist too while you're at it, please.

Thalmor Dossier on Ulfric talks about how he's a slave to the Thalmor, and he himself forces the Dunmer to live in the Grey Quarter, no matter what they do HE refuses to let them better their lives.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#275TheBestFallerPosted 12/11/2012 3:02:17 PM
suksass posted...
cut your loses and move on. Thats what empire did.

Except they did the exact opposite. You really have to be trying to be this contradictory.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#276Cast_SupremacyPosted 12/11/2012 3:02:55 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Mind showing me some proof that Ulfric's a sleeper agent? Something in-game, if you wouldn't mind. Some actual evidence that he's racist too while you're at it, please.

Thalmor Dossier on Ulfric talks about how he's a slave to the Thalmor

No, it says he's a dormant asset. He may be being manipulated, or events he causes taken advantage of, but he is unaware of it.
#277KillerSlawPosted 12/11/2012 3:05:02 PM
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
KillerSlaw posted...
I could choose Stormcloaks because of how horribly the Empire has fallen, or I can choose the Empire because of how dishonorable Ulfrics actions are.

Most times I choose Empire simply because I feel Ulfric isn't worthy to wear the crown.

Yet Elisif is? Somebody who's only a Jarl because she married one?

Elisif has shown nothing to show that she isn't worthy of being High Queen, where as Ulfric did nothing but show he was unworthy of being High King.

He claims he wants to rule to free his people or whatever, but we learn that Torygg respected Ulfric and more likely than not would have succeeded from the Empire if Ulfric had simply asked.

There was no reason to kill him, old ways be damned.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/359bpg1.png http://i.imgur.com/VXqqs.gif
#278xSCMxPosted 12/11/2012 3:05:08 PM
Think of this as Pokemon. The Dominion challenged the Empire to a battle. This battle was so hard that eventually both trainers decided it was a tie. The empire wants to go back and secretly train to the next time there is a fight, it can easily beat the opponent, but now some of the pokemon (Stormcloaks), want to fight the AD singlehandedly, but the Empire is trying to stop it, since it knows the Stormcloaks will get easily overrun, and the Empire will be weaker.
#279suksassPosted 12/11/2012 3:07:01 PM
obishawn posted...
suksass posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
suksass posted...
The empire could have listened to Ulfric and had to go to war with Thalmor 100% chance. .

Pretty high percentage for speculation.

Ok so it's too high. but it was still a greater chance then civil war.

The Empire could have taken any road but they chose civil war. BestFaller already presented a very viable solution: let Skyrim secede under terms that they ally themselves against the Thalmor.

The Thalmor wouldn't like it, but that doesn't mean that they'd initiate an immediate war.

Perhaps not. But what if Skyrims high king Ulfric would have refused alliance on pretext that empire has fallen, is weak and had once banned Talos. ultimately Empire would loose Skyrim in this situation anyway even if after they formed alliance and defeated Thalmor since Skyrim wouldn't be part of their kingdom and thus they couldn't use Nord warriors thus weakening Empire after Elven wars.
#280RebelElite791Posted 12/11/2012 3:08:43 PM
obishawn posted...
MonkeyMagic34 posted...
the Empire's very existence is a form of Talos worship. Tiber Septim, its founder, is Talos, after all. Nobody seemed to reply to it, and I think it was a good point, dammit.

The Empire isn't what it once was under Septim reign, especially under Tiber. Its falling apart. The signing of the White-Gold Concordat was a slap in Tiber's face, a big fat middle finger pointed at the sky. The Empire, as it is in Skyrim, is a Thalmor puppet. To claim that " very existence is a form of Talos worship" is delusional.

The Mede Empire(s) have functioned better and been better for their people than under 90% of the Septims, including Tiber.

Tiber was NOT a particularly good man.

And again, Talos does not care. CHIM is love. Peace and tolerance ya'll~*~*~*~*~*
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing