I don't understand how people can side with the imperials

#31ZeldiasPosted 12/4/2012 2:00:43 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Bigj089 posted...
I mean him challenging Torygg would be like me challenging a 12 year old to a legal fight to the death. I mean its legal but really? Not considering how much Torygg idolized him.

I'd have to say then that the 12 y.o. in this example wouldn't be fit to lead a country during a war, let alone be in a position of power to begin with.

What? Not being able to win in personal combat means you can't lead a country? America should have presidential elections as MMA cage matches, then.

Anywho, both sides are bad, but on the whole, I feel the Imperials are less rash. I highly doubt that the Emperor is like "Yay, I'm an elf puppet!" so it's likely there's some plotting or scheming going on there. They're biding their time and growing their power till the time is right.

The Stormcloaks are more reactionary. Not that they aren't justified in their anger in some ways, but it's also feeding into a jingoistic xenophobia (SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS, DUNMER SCUM, and all that) that I don't want to support.

Plus Tullius is voiced by Saul Tigh.
---
Look! The East is burning red!
#32MrcTOtheJPosted 12/4/2012 2:02:14 PM
Curved_Sw0rd posted...
Steak, Liara.

I f***ing love Steak.
---
Self Proclaimed Offical HoonDing, The Yokudan God of Make Way of the TES:V Skyrim Boards (360/PS3)
WOHHHHHHH!
#33The_Real_TurnipPosted 12/4/2012 2:03:06 PM
Zeldias posted...
elections as MMA cage matches, then.

Yes!
#34TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 2:03:41 PM
Leave it to Gamefaqs to take things out of context. Then again, maybe it was me. In SKYRIM, if the king can't even protect himself, how can he be expected to protect a country? Everyone who says Ulfric used cheap tactics, or that he had an advantage, what's the problem is? He picked a fight he was sure he could win. If Torygg was so underqualified, then he wasn't right for High King in the first place. But, I personally don't care for Ulfric either, but I don't have to agree or like him to support the Cloaks.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#35RikashiPosted 12/4/2012 2:04:49 PM
Zeldias posted...
Plus Tullius is voiced by Saul Tigh.

Did you mean Micheal Hogan?
---
Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce.
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.
#36Machines_Of_DogPosted 12/4/2012 2:05:18 PM
I don't understand how people can side with the imperials

people sided with the Nazis.

people are inherently evil and stupid.

that is all.
---
"No-one tries to kill me and gets away with it..."~ Kliamgroq
#37TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 2:05:27 PM
Zeldias posted...
The Stormcloaks are more reactionary. Not that they aren't justified in their anger in some ways, but it's also feeding into a jingoistic xenophobia (SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS, DUNMER SCUM, and all that) that I don't want to support..

This is something I can relate to, being from an area with a large immigration problem. The issue is not that the Dunmer are there, it's that they are a burden that doesn't try to improve their own quality of life. They expect nothing but handouts, and react negatively when they don't get them. Even other elves in Windhelm will tell you this.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#38StuflamesPosted 12/4/2012 2:06:25 PM
And if you follow the stormcloak guy instead of the guy who was sending you to the block (why in hell would you follow him if you had a choice?) more imperials jump you

Actually you (or at least Stormcloak guy) jump them.

If you follow the imperial he tries to make peace for at least the duration of the dragon attack, but they don't care.
---
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock
#39DrBrownFingerPosted 12/4/2012 2:07:04 PM
Bigj089 posted...
DrBrownFinger posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...
The Stormcloaks commited high treason/murder.

No they didn't. Ulfric challenged Torygg. Torygg accepted the battle, and lost.

This. He did commit treason but not outright murder. I mean it wasn't really fair, Torygg stood NO chance and Ulfric and everyone else knew it. But it would have basically had the same effect if he didn't accept the challenge and with how he looked up to Ulfric there was no question what choice he was going to make.

Ulfric did so to open up the seat for High King and to basically send the message "Youre with me or against me" to the Jarls.

I mean him challenging Torygg would be like me challenging a 12 year old to a legal fight to the death. I mean its legal but really? Not considering how much Torygg idolized him.

True, and I don't know why Ulfric didn't just have Torygg over for dinner and explain his view and see what could be done. Elisif even said that Torygg would have sided with Ulfric, if given the chance.
#40Bigj089Posted 12/4/2012 2:10:30 PM
DrBrownFinger posted...
Bigj089 posted...
DrBrownFinger posted...
KogaSteelfang posted...
The Stormcloaks commited high treason/murder.

No they didn't. Ulfric challenged Torygg. Torygg accepted the battle, and lost.

This. He did commit treason but not outright murder. I mean it wasn't really fair, Torygg stood NO chance and Ulfric and everyone else knew it. But it would have basically had the same effect if he didn't accept the challenge and with how he looked up to Ulfric there was no question what choice he was going to make.

Ulfric did so to open up the seat for High King and to basically send the message "Youre with me or against me" to the Jarls.

True, and I don't know why Ulfric didn't just have Torygg over for dinner and explain his view and see what could be done. Elisif even said that Torygg would have sided with Ulfric, if given the chance.

Yeah Ive thought about that. My guess came down to him still being so young and inexperienced. I think he was just waiting on Ulfric to make a move and he was going to back him. Little did he know Ulfrics move was for High King.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator