I don't understand how people can side with the imperials

#321Darg727Posted 12/12/2012 4:30:26 PM
20ME2cmpnvet posted...
I dont understand how this thread keeps going.

Arguing to no end is fun because everyone is bored.

Srsly Dragonborn for emperor! He/she will end this "debate" once and for all!
#322Edgemaster70000Posted 12/12/2012 4:37:05 PM
I joined the imperials after the first time I visited Windhelm.

Those dock workers have their own personal guardian angel on my file. That fatass that didn't want to properly pay them because of their race was sweating buckets before I was done with him.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18?feature=mhee
#323Misfit119Posted 12/12/2012 4:45:28 PM
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
"Brunwulf Free-Winter, a supporter of both Argonians and Dark Elves, believes that the Argonians must remain outside of the city simply for their own safety."

It's all because Ulfric is racist, right? It couldn't possibly be because there are other racist people in Windhelm.

I would actually say that it's because NORDS are a bunch of racists and Ulfric sees no problem with it. That's why people call him a racist. If you know somebody is a racist and continue to hang out with them and say nothing about what they're doing then yes, that falls on you as well. The idea of Skyrim belonging to the Nords is cool and all but seeing as how they're clearly xenophobic and Ulfric and his lot would likely make bad things happen to anyone who isn't a Nord I'm not inclined to support him. Since supporting the Stormcloaks means supporting him there's no way I'd ever do so.
---
Playing: Space Hulk (Saturn), Fallout 3 GOTY, Kingdoms of Amalur, Amy (weep for me)
#324obishawnPosted 12/12/2012 4:55:07 PM
I Iwould actually say that it's because NORDS are a bunch of racists and Ulfric sees no problem with it.

But the thing is, every race in the game is racist, the Nords and Ulfric are the only ones called out on it. Again, the people on this board have double standards.
---
Winter is coming
#325Darg727Posted 12/12/2012 4:59:54 PM
Misfit119 posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
"Brunwulf Free-Winter, a supporter of both Argonians and Dark Elves, believes that the Argonians must remain outside of the city simply for their own safety."

It's all because Ulfric is racist, right? It couldn't possibly be because there are other racist people in Windhelm.

I would actually say that it's because NORDS are a bunch of racists and Ulfric sees no problem with it. That's why people call him a racist. If you know somebody is a racist and continue to hang out with them and say nothing about what they're doing then yes, that falls on you as well. The idea of Skyrim belonging to the Nords is cool and all but seeing as how they're clearly xenophobic and Ulfric and his lot would likely make bad things happen to anyone who isn't a Nord I'm not inclined to support him. Since supporting the Stormcloaks means supporting him there's no way I'd ever do so.

This is why people don't like stereotyping, it is fundamentally high in the probability of being false. Not only that, from what is in the game the statement above is false, except for the opinion of course.

If your people were slaughtered by a group of people would you not be suspicious of anyone in that group and pass down that suspicion to your children to help keep them alive? Another thing is that in windhelm the dunmer want nothing to do with the war while the nords are focused on it.
#326zewhitguyPosted 12/12/2012 7:29:04 PM
I side with the stormcloaks because blue is my favorite color
#327suksassPosted 12/12/2012 11:21:09 PM
obishawn posted...
I Iwould actually say that it's because NORDS are a bunch of racists and Ulfric sees no problem with it.

But the thing is, every race in the game is racist, the Nords and Ulfric are the only ones called out on it. Again, the people on this board have double standards.

I don't think Imperials are racist. atleast not as much as the rest of the races. I could be wrong thought.
#328robitussin217Posted 12/12/2012 11:23:40 PM
Actually, New Vegas is better than Fallout 3 in every possible way every day.
#329RebelElite791Posted 12/12/2012 11:25:41 PM
robitussin217 posted...

http://londonratrace.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/stewie_gun_mouth_super_commit_sucide1.jpg
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#330RikashiPosted 12/12/2012 11:26:50 PM
robitussin217 posted...

Yeah, if you enjoy being told what to do like you're somebody's b****.

Fallout 3 = Freedom.

Fallout: New Vegas: third-world underdeveloped country.
---
TES VI: SWAGGERFALL
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.