I don't understand how people can side with the imperials

#361TheBestFallerPosted 12/14/2012 11:33:55 AM
TurboReaper posted...
The Redguards did it after the Empire abandoned them, why couldn't the Nords do the same?

Redguards = some of the most naturally talented and deadly warriors in TES.

Nords = some of the most naturally violent and disorderly drunks in TES.

So it's coll to generalize or stereotype the Nords, but the second they do it, their racist? Double standards abound on this board.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#362TurboReaperPosted 12/14/2012 11:47:16 AM
TheBestFaller posted...
TurboReaper posted...
The Redguards did it after the Empire abandoned them, why couldn't the Nords do the same?

Redguards = some of the most naturally talented and deadly warriors in TES.

Nords = some of the most naturally violent and disorderly drunks in TES.

So it's coll to generalize or stereotype the Nords, but the second they do it, their racist? Double standards abound on this board.

No denying how true it is though.

Nords like nothing better than mead, ale, fighting and tradition. They'll fight for the sake of fighting. They have always been depicted in this way. It's not racism, it's just how they are as a culture. They are fierce in battle, to be sure, but Nord ferocity is only going to get them so far.

Redguards have always been considered some of the most naturally talented and deadly warriors. Again, not racism, it's just how they have always been depicted. Stands to reason that they would hold their own better when compared to the Nords.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#363TheBestFallerPosted 12/14/2012 11:50:36 AM
TurboReaper posted...
Stands to reason that they would hold their own better when compared to the Nords.

Juast the same for the Cloaks from their POV. The Empire at full strentgh lost to the AD. The Redguards, sans Empire, beat them off their land. Which example would you choose to follow?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#364Cast_SupremacyPosted 12/14/2012 12:03:53 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
TurboReaper posted...
Stands to reason that they would hold their own better when compared to the Nords.

Juast the same for the Cloaks from their POV. The Empire at full strentgh lost to the AD. The Redguards, sans Empire, beat them off their land. Which example would you choose to follow?

The Empire WON their last battle, ousting the Thalmor from the White-Gold tower actually. many 'now' Stormcloaks fought in the Great War too you know. I don't see any cloaks believing the Empire's military was incompetent. They faced a superior force bent of the elimination of the human race from reality, and ultimately, they held them off.
#365suksassPosted 12/14/2012 12:08:49 PM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
TurboReaper posted...

The Empire WON their last battle, ousting the Thalmor from the White-Gold tower actually. many 'now' Stormcloaks fought in the Great War too you know. I don't see any cloaks believing the Empire's military was incompetent. They faced a superior force bent of the elimination of the human race from reality, and ultimately, they held them off.

but they did not win. and thats why SC's are pissed off
#366TheBestFallerPosted 12/14/2012 12:13:32 PM
Cast_Supremacy posted...

If they won, why surrender? That's what the Concordant was. It directly negetively impacted the Empire, while requiring the Thalmor to sacrifice nothing. The terms were not equal, the Thalmor clearly got the better end of the deal, and the Empire said "Thank you sir, may I please have another."
---
#367Cast_SupremacyPosted 12/14/2012 12:19:27 PM
TheBestFaller posted...

If they won, why surrender? That's what the Concordant was. It directly negetively impacted the Empire, while requiring the Thalmor to sacrifice nothing. The terms were not equal, the Thalmor clearly got the better end of the deal, and the Empire said "Thank you sir, may I please have another."

suksass posted...

That battle, not the whole war. Just pointing out they aren't incompetent, and lol, the Stormcloaks aren't pissed at the Empire for losing the war, they fought in it too. Their anger has nothing to do with the Empire losing the war, but the terms of the Concordant
#368pauljc1Posted 12/14/2012 12:20:25 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
clutch188 posted...
did nobody read the dossier in the thalmar embassy that clearly connects Ulfric and the AD?

Oh, we did, we're just not idiots and actually understood it.

Fascinating. Please tell me more about how "contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset" isn't completely damning. And don't forget the "contact was established" part, like everyone wants to do. The Thalmor weren't just happy with him doin' his thing on his own and inadvertently helping them out, they were in contact.
#369suksassPosted 12/14/2012 12:36:47 PM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
TheBestFaller posted...

suksass posted...

That battle, not the whole war. Just pointing out they aren't incompetent, and lol, the Stormcloaks aren't pissed at the Empire for losing the war, they fought in it too. Their anger has nothing to do with the Empire losing the war, but the terms of the Concordant

Actually both. I think the time I wanted to see Ulfric and stormcloaks side he mentioned a few times how he fought in that war and was angry that as he sayed Empire surendered. (can't confirm as it was a long time ago).
Nords may have fought in it but it seems they believe empire could have continued the fight instead of bowing to the will of elven peace treaty. Which is kinda hypocritical considering the fact that they joined Tiber Septim after it became aparent that they couln't win.(once again waiting on Lore Masters confirmation on regards of Nords surendering to Tiber Septim)
#370TheBestFallerPosted 12/14/2012 12:39:31 PM
pauljc1 posted...

Fascinating. Please tell me more about how "contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset" isn't completely damning. And don't forget the "contact was established" part, like everyone wants to do. The Thalmor weren't just happy with him doin' his thing on his own and inadvertently helping them out, they were in contact.

You're too easy.
---