I don't understand how people can side with the imperials

#51TwoBladesOneBowPosted 12/4/2012 3:17:33 PM
Lol. There is about three of these a week. Both sides have their faults and their favorable ideas.

Pros of ulfric: Proud, Cares more about skyrim, able to somewhat relate to the dragonborn not just because they can both shout. But because they both are fighting their personal wars for other people.

Cons of ulfric: Cocky, Too aggressive if he doesn't get his way, although he doesn't encourage racism he doesn't exactly feel bad for other races.

Pros of tullius: Military experience, patience, preperation, code of conduct, more law abiding

Cons of tullius: doesn't care about skyrim traditions, finds the pc being dragonborn unimportant, from the start we are made to hate him

Overall: Ulfric faced the highking in traditional nord style. And no it wasn't fair but Dead king torygg knew that. And although some of tullisus comments makes him sound unappreciative he does give you militaristic forms of respect. So don't judge him because of the start of the game.

Words of experience by two blades. See you again soon. But until then.... CHEESE!!
#52TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 3:18:23 PM
How anyone at all can believe that the Empire is the "safer" option is completely asinine. They've done nothing but get beat, and you think they can protect you?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#53Jstretch19Posted 12/4/2012 3:26:42 PM(edited)
TheBestFaller posted...
The Empire is just as guilty. It does take 2 to go to war.

As a SC supporter, that's one of the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
---
You can't handle the Ception.
#54suksassPosted 12/4/2012 3:31:41 PM
As a dunmer I trust neather. But I'll side with empire any day over thouse who would discriminate my people and offer to do certain thing to them at night. Ulfric will overlook anything happening to the other people so long as they not Nords. Tulius will in the very least not be able to close his eyes on it do to his militarstic notions. The nords threatening the Dunmer maiden proove just why Stormcloacks cannot be trusted. And I'm sure Khajits would quiker slit Nord throats then join them, unless there is a massive profit to be made, which there is not.
#55TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 3:32:39 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...

The Empire abandoned Hammerfell, why couldn't they do the same with Skyrim?

Because they chose not to.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#56Jstretch19Posted 12/4/2012 3:37:54 PM
suksass posted...
As a dunmer I trust neather. But I'll side with empire any day over thouse who would discriminate my people and offer to do certain thing to them at night. Ulfric will overlook anything happening to the other people so long as they not Nords. Tulius will in the very least not be able to close his eyes on it do to his militarstic notions. The nords threatening the Dunmer maiden proove just why Stormcloacks cannot be trusted. And I'm sure Khajits would quiker slit Nord throats then join them, unless there is a massive profit to be made, which there is not.

So a Nord who is not affiliated with the SCs at all is somehow a representative for the entirety of SC beliefs? K.
---
You can't handle the Ception.
#57flakbotPosted 12/4/2012 3:38:26 PM
Why side with the imperials because ulfric comes around as an idiot with a power trip and that's not a good conbination.
#58obishawnPosted 12/4/2012 3:38:44 PM
suksass posted...
Ulfric will overlook anything happening to the other people so long as they not Nords. Tulius will in the very least not be able to close his eyes on it do to his militarstic notions.

But Tullius will close his eyes when the Thalmor outright execute anyone they claim worships Talos and that's ok and justifiable, right?

The nords threatening the Dunmer maiden proove just why Stormcloacks cannot be trusted.

Because a few Nords who are not part of the military or governing body represent that government and military? Nice logic.
---
Winter is coming
#59jrr18Posted 12/4/2012 3:39:55 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Jstretch19 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...

Our logic is no match for stupidity of this magnitude GOBLIN retreat! They abandoned hammerfell so to end the war with the dominion they had no reson to abandon skyrim hail Goblin! Hail goblin commander!
---
I am goblin commander! Goblin!
jrr101
#60AddictedToXboxPosted 12/4/2012 3:40:42 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Jstretch19 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...

The Empire did so because it had to. If the Emperor had not renounced Hammerfell as a province, the Empire would have been forced to send troops into Hammerfell in order to bring them under obedience.

While I can't prove it, it is the most logical explanation. Look at how the Thalmor are trying to prolong the civil war. They want both sides to drain themselves.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!