I don't understand how people can side with the imperials

#61obishawnPosted 12/4/2012 3:42:07 PM
flakbot posted...
Why side with the imperials because ulfric comes around as an idiot with a power trip and that's not a good conbination.

So, whether its true or not doesn't matter? Try applying that logic towards the Empire. They come off as not caring about their citizens and cowards.
---
Winter is coming
#62LenneValkiryePosted 12/4/2012 3:43:26 PM(edited)
You shouldn't compare real world racism with fictional racism.
Stormcloaks are racist, so what? Their distrust for the other races doesn't come from a superiority complex or ignorance, it comes from most of them being actually dangerous.
#63TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 3:43:56 PM
AddictedToXbox posted...
The Empire did so because it had to. If the Emperor had not renounced Hammerfell as a province, the Empire would have been forced to send troops into Hammerfell in order to bring them under obedience.

They abandoned Hammerfell because the Thalmor told them to. It's part of the surrender they signed, you know, the Concordant.

While I can't prove it, it is the most logical explanation. Look at how the Thalmor are trying to prolong the civil war. They want both sides to drain themselves.

This is true, they did the same with Hammerfell. The Empire is weaker without it, just as it'll be weaker without Skyrim. But, for anyone to say that Ulfric is a Thalmor puppet for prolonging the war and to not recognize that the Empire is doing the exact same thing is simply denial.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#64obishawnPosted 12/4/2012 3:49:37 PM
There's a double standard among a lot of board members. If the Stormcloaks play into the Thalmor's plans, they're evil, redneck herpa derps but the Empire playing into Thalmor plans are upright and noble.
---
Winter is coming
#65TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 3:50:12 PM
obishawn posted...
There's a double standard among a lot of board members. If the Stormcloaks play into the Thalmor's plans, they're evil, redneck herpa derps but the Empire playing into Thalmor plans are upright and noble.

I'm just happy I'm not the only one who notices this.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#66Bigj089Posted 12/4/2012 3:52:57 PM
obishawn posted...

I havnt seen someone say theyre evil, just that theyre doing what they Thalmor want.

The Empire is doing what they would do naturally with a rebellion and the Stormcloaks are being played against them by the Thalmor.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#67linkblade91Posted 12/4/2012 3:53:28 PM
Maybe because I have already played a character who sided with the Stormcloaks, and now I want to try things from the other end?
#68TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 3:55:01 PM
Bigj089 posted...
The Empire is doing what they would do naturally with a rebellion and the Stormcloaks are being played against them by the Thalmor.

If the Empire was so concerned about pushing back against the Thalmor, they'd have looked at options other than war. They could have granted Skyrim it's independence and forged an alliance against the Thalmor, instead they chose war.
---
#69jrr18Posted 12/4/2012 4:00:01 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Bigj089 posted...

If the Empire was so concerned about pushing back against the Thalmor, they'd have looked at options other than war. They could have granted Skyrim it's independence and forged an alliance against the Thalmor, instead they chose war.

ulfrics battle plane is stupid he started the war not the empire and him attacking the empier is like the USA invading China While a alian warship is getting ready to wipe out humanity it supid and ulfrics a moron.
---
I am goblin commander! Goblin!
jrr101
#70TheBestFallerPosted 12/4/2012 4:00:59 PM
jrr18 posted...
ulfrics battle plane is stupid he started the war not the empire and him attacking the empier is like the USA invading China While a alian warship is getting ready to wipe out humanity it supid and ulfrics a moron.

Can I get a translator please?
---