Examine a Briarheart? (sidequest spoilers)

#1jimlad116Posted 12/4/2012 9:55:29 PM
I just got a side quest to "examine a Briarheart warrior". I went back to the Skyrim mainland and killed a bunch of Briarhearts, and nothing seems to be happening. What am I missing? "Examining" one seems to be a little tough when all they try to do is kill me.
#2bookewormPosted 12/6/2012 12:41:28 PM
I'm interested in getting this answered as well. I don't see a special prompt or anything...
---
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
#3LordTrinenPosted 12/6/2012 12:43:55 PM
I got this quest but haven't tried to complete it yet. I got the impression that you just need to kill a Briarheart and then try to loot the body. Maybe an examination prompt will pop up or the spell the wizard cast on you will automatically do the examining while you do the looting.
#4Roast_GriefPosted 12/6/2012 12:43:57 PM
Just kill one, and there should be an option when you go to loot him.
---
Uh... Zoop.
#5M4TTB4K3RPosted 12/6/2012 12:45:05 PM
For me, after I killed one, when I went to loot the body it gave me the split option to examine it or just loot the corpse.
---
GT: matbak
#6RavensRules69Posted 12/6/2012 12:47:28 PM
Neloth casts a memory spell on you when he gives you the quest; check your Active Effects. Maybe you left before he cast it?
---
When Jedi need to read PDFs, they use Adobe-Wan Kenobi.
#7bookewormPosted 12/6/2012 1:09:05 PM
Weird, It worked this time. I had gone through killing and looting a bunch of different Briarhearts, and then this one just suddenly popped up with the examination prompt. So if you're having trouble, just keep trying?
---
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."