Twice Microsoft. Twice!

#11LeichenschmausPosted 12/5/2012 12:45:21 AM
That's messed up. I bought two 800 point cards, can't you do something like that in Canada?
#12o5pr3yPosted 12/5/2012 12:46:44 AM
If you have a credit card, you can buy them on Live and they hae more point options then just 1,500.
---
GT: Ninja Gunpants
#13DuckyhunterPosted 12/5/2012 1:16:58 AM
The points system is what's called a legal scam.

You turn real currency into fake currency in preselected increments, but most of the things on the marketplace aren't priced in these increments, so you inevitably give Microsoft money that you can't spend.
---
Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes fan.
#14JackNurSnakPackPosted 12/5/2012 1:23:27 AM
AgainstTheEcho posted...
Two times you have done this to me. I have gone out, purchased a 1500 point card for $25. Only to get back home and be disappointed that Dragonborn (along with Dawnguard when I got it) were 1600. I don't know what stuff you're pulling.

Cards in Australia are $25 for 1500 and $50 for 3000. That's just some cheap marketing scam seeing as how mostly all important things on the store, like this, are 1600 points.

I sincerely hate you MS.
From an extremely disappointed Elder Scrolls fan.

You guys use American Dollars? if not then it might be an exchange rate thing. Here (U.S.A) $20 get you 1600 exactly. it costs $1.25 per 100 points.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#15FMLGPosted 12/5/2012 1:26:53 AM
Britain's alright. Despite the mass of PS3 gamers.

We can get 1600msp for 14-15.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Don't you hate it when people copy your sig?
#16ghosta2Posted 12/5/2012 1:53:13 AM
JackNurSnakPack posted...
AgainstTheEcho posted...
Two times you have done this to me. I have gone out, purchased a 1500 point card for $25. Only to get back home and be disappointed that Dragonborn (along with Dawnguard when I got it) were 1600. I don't know what stuff you're pulling.

Cards in Australia are $25 for 1500 and $50 for 3000. That's just some cheap marketing scam seeing as how mostly all important things on the store, like this, are 1600 points.

I sincerely hate you MS.

You guys use American Dollars? if not then it might be an exchange rate thing. Here (U.S.A) $20 get you 1600 exactly. it costs $1.25 per 100 points.

Australianand Canadian dollars are worth less then American dollars which means you get less points for your money.

Europeans get more points because the euro is worth more then the American dollar.

It's not a scam it's because the exchange rate wouldn't allow for a nice even price for 1600 MSP. Selling 1500 MSP for 25 Australian dollars is much easier then selling 1600 for 28.37 Australian dollars or whatever it would be.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#17JoeBobTheGreatPosted 12/5/2012 2:41:00 AM
ghosta2 posted...
AgainstTheEcho posted...

I sincerely hate you MS.

Australianand Canadian dollars are worth less then American dollars which means you get less points for your money.

Europeans get more points because the euro is worth more then the American dollar.

It's not a scam it's because the exchange rate wouldn't allow for a nice even price for 1600 MSP. Selling 1500 MSP for 25 Australian dollars is much easier then selling 1600 for 28.37 Australian dollars or whatever it would be.

The flaw in this is that everything on the dashboard/marketplace hardly seems adjusted to suit the need of the country or whatever its all american pricing even in other countries where the dollar is more or less. I'm talking on a product level to be clearish.
#18Ajd_KingPosted 12/5/2012 2:43:27 AM
ghosta2 posted...

The Australian dollar is worth more than the American, and has for a while now. The real reason is because Australians get ripped off when it comes to games.
#19JackNurSnakPackPosted 12/5/2012 2:47:27 AM
JoeBobTheGreat posted...
ghosta2 posted...
AgainstTheEcho posted...

I sincerely hate you MS.

The flaw in this is that everything on the dashboard/marketplace hardly seems adjusted to suit the need of the country or whatever its all american pricing even in other countries where the dollar is more or less. I'm talking on a product level to be clearish.

That's because it's an American company. Bill Gates lives in Bellevue, Washington (Well his MAIN house anyway, dudes got dozens) and that is where 90% of the higher ups live( I used to date the Head of Human Resources little sister got lots of stuff for free, and did you know that they have a card that lets them get discounts at certain theme parks? it's awesome.) So it makes sense for it to be american based pricing too. oh and we gernerate more than 75% of the revenue of XBL. just sayin.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#20chakramstrikePosted 12/5/2012 3:01:49 AM
I agree its messed up, I had to get the card for 29.99 that gives you three 800 map per card to get this dlc.

Tc I know it might not be that much of a workaround, but could you use your cc and get like 400 or so points from xbox live to get you the 100 points you need to get to 1600 then just spend the 300 on something else? Just a thought, its what I have to do sometimes.
---
GTs: 360 - Chakramstrike; PS3 - yunalesca26