Twice Microsoft. Twice!

#21HeyZeussPosted 12/5/2012 3:42:32 AM(edited)
ghosta2 posted...
JackNurSnakPack posted...
AgainstTheEcho posted...
Two times you have done this to me. I have gone out, purchased a 1500 point card for $25. Only to get back home and be disappointed that Dragonborn (along with Dawnguard when I got it) were 1600. I don't know what stuff you're pulling.

Cards in Australia are $25 for 1500 and $50 for 3000. That's just some cheap marketing scam seeing as how mostly all important things on the store, like this, are 1600 points.

I sincerely hate you MS.
From an extremely disappointed Elder Scrolls fan.

You guys use American Dollars? if not then it might be an exchange rate thing. Here (U.S.A) $20 get you 1600 exactly. it costs $1.25 per 100 points.

Australianand Canadian dollars are worth less then American dollars which means you get less points for your money.

Europeans get more points because the euro is worth more then the American dollar.

It's not a scam it's because the exchange rate wouldn't allow for a nice even price for 1600 MSP. Selling 1500 MSP for 25 Australian dollars is much easier then selling 1600 for 28.37 Australian dollars or whatever it would be.

Actually the Canadian dollar is worth more than the American dollar. Or it was the other day. It's pretty damn close either way.

Just sayin'.
#22hyjinx17Posted 12/5/2012 3:40:16 AM
AgainstTheEcho posted...
Two times you have done this to me. I have gone out, purchased a 1500 point card for $25. Only to get back home and be disappointed that Dragonborn (along with Dawnguard when I got it) were 1600. I don't know what stuff you're pulling.

Cards in Australia are $25 for 1500 and $50 for 3000. That's just some cheap marketing scam seeing as how mostly all important things on the store, like this, are 1600 points.

I sincerely hate you MS.

"Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice..." well you know the rest
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#23rexne1Posted 12/5/2012 3:44:49 AM
AgainstTheEcho posted...

I sincerely hate you MS.

Or you could just buy 2000 points from the dashboard. Don't even need a credit card, they take paypal. It's something like $32. You should never buy cards from EB or JB or wherever they sell them, it's always better just getting them through the console in Aus.
#24rexne1Posted 12/5/2012 3:46:16 AM
ghosta2 posted...
JackNurSnakPack posted...
AgainstTheEcho posted...

I sincerely hate you MS.

You guys use American Dollars? if not then it might be an exchange rate thing. Here (U.S.A) $20 get you 1600 exactly. it costs $1.25 per 100 points.

Australianand Canadian dollars are worth less then American dollars which means you get less points for your money.

Europeans get more points because the euro is worth more then the American dollar.

It's not a scam it's because the exchange rate wouldn't allow for a nice even price for 1600 MSP. Selling 1500 MSP for 25 Australian dollars is much easier then selling 1600 for 28.37 Australian dollars or whatever it would be.

And yeah as has already been pointed out the American dollar is weaker than both the Canadian and Australian dollar. In fact it's been below the Aussie dollar for a long time now.
#25Skull_GarurumonPosted 12/5/2012 3:48:41 AM
Where I live they sell 1600 cards for 13 pounds. Lucky me, right?
---
---
My hair defies gravity, what does yours do?
#26legendX66Posted 12/5/2012 3:50:02 AM
that sucks. but if you knew it was 1600 this time...
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#27LetsMakeDubstepPosted 12/5/2012 3:55:36 AM
TC, calm down. Its not a scheme, its just the way currency works...

First of all, if you buy the more expensive card, you can always save the extra points for later, so you have nothing to complain about.

Second, the pricing is not a scheme, it has to do with your currency. Here in america, 20 bucks gets you 1600 points, which makes sense compared to DLC pricing and that's how it should be. However they cannot charge you the same amount because your money isn't worth as much, they're not doing it to rob you...
---
http://youtu.be/ULdPGWdn8b4 http:// youtu.be/QvyPeo7qAF8
Your Local Bass Case
#28DahlVaughnniPosted 12/5/2012 4:01:39 AM
JoeBobTheGreat posted...
Worse in canada sorta more like equal. 20$ gets you 1400 while 40-50 gets you 2800.

They now sell 2000 point cards for $28.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#29R41NB0W-D45HPosted 12/5/2012 4:04:39 AM
LetsMakeDubstep posted...
TC, calm down. Its not a scheme, its just the way currency works...

First of all, if you buy the more expensive card, you can always save the extra points for later, so you have nothing to complain about.

Second, the pricing is not a scheme, it has to do with your currency. Here in america, 20 bucks gets you 1600 points, which makes sense compared to DLC pricing and that's how it should be. However they cannot charge you the same amount because your money isn't worth as much, they're not doing it to rob you...

It's a real shame that they let elderly people post on these forums without taking an eye exam first.

Excuse me, mister? It's already been stated in this topic that the American dollar is worth less than both the Canadian and Australian dollars. Perhaps you should put on your glasses. Is this text big enough?
---
I'm never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.
#30blackitoPosted 12/5/2012 4:39:19 AM(edited)
Edit: Oh. I see. Wow that is messed up!
---
GT: Contingent Cat --- http://www.youtube.com/user/TheContingentCat