Dovahkiin Vs. Hero of Kvatch Vs. Nerevarine. Who would win?

#151GeomagnusPosted 12/6/2012 10:10:42 AM
Here's the real answer: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies. Game over, /thread.
#152HatchetHoundPosted 12/6/2012 10:29:54 AM(edited)
From: Sniper_Brosef | Posted: 12/6/2012 9:03:39 AM | #148
if someone says CoC because of Sheogorath then you have to take that into account and wonder, Well IF he is sheo then.... is that more clear?

I didn't realise we were discussing in the context of the poll, I figured that was irrelevant a long time ago. Regardless, I feel that taking those ambiguous elements into account are silly. Gameplay elements, too. If the poll were to be purely objective and lore-based, they wouldn't be included. But then again, these threads are for fun.

So I will concede this point, IF the CoC were Sheogorath, he...might win. Rainbow never specified whether or not the battle took place in the Isles, or when. As I recall, after completing Shivering Isles the CoC really only had Sheo's powers while he was in the Isles, and outside it was really more of a title. Though that's gameplay. I'm not sure how powerful he was supposed to be at the time, lore-wise.

But I guess if the Champion did become Sheo, he's either entirely Sheogorath now and there's no CoC left in there, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, or, like another person said, he could only be in the Sheogorath personality some of the time. See, that's another ambiguous headcanon element. They muck things up.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#153Clown_SixPosted 12/6/2012 10:31:02 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Clown_Six posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Clown_Six posted...

What about people like Rebel, who didn't have their CoC become Sheo? Are you saying he played the game wrong? Of course he didn't. Bethesda took into consideration that some people may use different characters for different quilds/quests. That's why any reference not directly tied to the Oblivion crisis says that "someone" did it. Your someone may have been the CoC but it may not have. That's why it's not canon that the CoC did anything except help Martin end the Oblivion crisis.

I get that. But you cant have it one way and not the other. You cant sit there and say that the Champion of Cyrodiil wasnt Sheogorath just because you didnt want him to be. Rebel has been saying that CoC wasnt Sheogorath and thats the same as if i said he was....neither is definitively correct so if someone wants to argue as if he is Sheogorath you cant come in and say he isnt, because in his game he was/is...you see what im saying?

No Rebel never said Sheo wasn't the CoC. He said that sheo wasn't the CoC in canon. For the very same reasons I posted about the guilds. Beth keeping it vague, to accommodate everyone. Some people made a separate character for SI, to them the CoC isn't Sheo which is Rebels case. So instead of Beth saying YOU'RE WRONG, CoC is Sheo, they simply say someone became Sheo. If that was your CoC fine if not fine. Which is why it isn't canon.

yes but its not canon that he didnt become Sheogorath too! like i said this should go both ways and everyone should just accept that if someone brings up sheogorath you shouldnt just discount it entirely...you should ponder, "well IF he is sheo then..."

I agree it's not canon he didn't become sheo. With that being the case though, shouldn't it have to go both ways? When someone brings up that he's not Sheo shouldn't you say Well "IF he's not sheo then"? If you want people to accept that your CoC is Sheo you have to accept their's isn't, and you're both right.
#154R41NB0W-D45H(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:33:14 AM
HatchetHound posted...
So I will concede this point, IF the CoC were Sheogorath, he...might win. Rainbow never specified whether or not the battle took place in the Isles, or when.

I was going to, but I already felt that I'd placed too many restrictions on the match. Hard to have fun when there's too many rules. There's also not much to debate if everything is clearly laid out. Felt it was better to leave those little details ambiguous.

...The fact that I couldn't think of a neutral ground that was fair to all parties involved doesn't factor into it at all.
---
I'm never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.
#155suksassPosted 12/6/2012 10:34:31 AM
Dovah would win. CoC means champion, not Shegorath. See the diference? Also while he may have gained some powers,they are useless unless his in his realm. Also,it says nowhere that CoC gained imortality. Maybe real Shegorath is taking a brake from madness till CoC dies. And then the curse will return.
#156Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/6/2012 10:40:43 AM
Clown_Six posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Clown_Six posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Clown_Six posted...

What about people like Rebel, who didn't have their CoC become Sheo? Are you saying he played the game wrong? Of course he didn't. Bethesda took into consideration that some people may use different characters for different quilds/quests. That's why any reference not directly tied to the Oblivion crisis says that "someone" did it. Your someone may have been the CoC but it may not have. That's why it's not canon that the CoC did anything except help Martin end the Oblivion crisis.

I get that. But you cant have it one way and not the other. You cant sit there and say that the Champion of Cyrodiil wasnt Sheogorath just because you didnt want him to be. Rebel has been saying that CoC wasnt Sheogorath and thats the same as if i said he was....neither is definitively correct so if someone wants to argue as if he is Sheogorath you cant come in and say he isnt, because in his game he was/is...you see what im saying?

No Rebel never said Sheo wasn't the CoC. He said that sheo wasn't the CoC in canon. For the very same reasons I posted about the guilds. Beth keeping it vague, to accommodate everyone. Some people made a separate character for SI, to them the CoC isn't Sheo which is Rebels case. So instead of Beth saying YOU'RE WRONG, CoC is Sheo, they simply say someone became Sheo. If that was your CoC fine if not fine. Which is why it isn't canon.

yes but its not canon that he didnt become Sheogorath too! like i said this should go both ways and everyone should just accept that if someone brings up sheogorath you shouldnt just discount it entirely...you should ponder, "well IF he is sheo then..."

I agree it's not canon he didn't become sheo. With that being the case though, shouldn't it have to go both ways? When someone brings up that he's not Sheo shouldn't you say Well "IF he's not sheo then"? If you want people to accept that your CoC is Sheo you have to accept their's isn't, and you're both right.

Thats all ive been trying to say...quite poorly i admit, but thats all ive been trying to say! You cant say either is wrong...you just need to accept that possibility if its proposed and discuss it accordingly. But discouting it like Rebel was doing is arrogant and wrong
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#157Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/6/2012 10:44:05 AM
HatchetHound posted...
From: Sniper_Brosef | Posted: 12/6/2012 9:03:39 AM | #148
if someone says CoC because of Sheogorath then you have to take that into account and wonder, Well IF he is sheo then.... is that more clear?

I didn't realise we were discussing in the context of the poll, I figured that was irrelevant a long time ago. Regardless, I feel that taking those ambiguous elements into account are silly. Gameplay elements, too. If the poll were to be purely objective and lore-based, they wouldn't be included. But then again, these threads are for fun.

So I will concede this point, IF the CoC were Sheogorath, he...might win. Rainbow never specified whether or not the battle took place in the Isles, or when. As I recall, after completing Shivering Isles the CoC really only had Sheo's powers while he was in the Isles, and outside it was really more of a title. Though that's gameplay. I'm not sure how powerful he was supposed to be at the time, lore-wise.

But I guess if the Champion did become Sheo, he's either entirely Sheogorath now and there's no CoC left in there, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, or, like another person said, he could only be in the Sheogorath personality some of the time. See, that's another ambiguous headcanon element. They muck things up.

well i was never arguiing whether or not Sheogorath would win... personally i voted for the Nerevarine. All i was saying is you cant just say he wasnt you need to discuss all possibilities that are relevant. I know they muck things up but you cant just discount it out of convenience, you know? We have Bethesda and their lack of a backbone to thank for this issue :)
---
#158HatchetHoundPosted 12/6/2012 10:56:32 AM
HatchetHound posted...
So I will concede this point, IF the CoC were Sheogorath, he...might win. Rainbow never specified whether or not the battle took place in the Isles, or when.

I was going to, but I already felt that I'd placed too many restrictions on the match. Hard to have fun when there's too many rules. There's also not much to debate if everything is clearly laid out. Felt it was better to leave those little details ambiguous.

...The fact that I couldn't think of a neutral ground that was fair to all parties involved doesn't factor into it at all.

I understand. This actually was kind of fun.

From: Sniper_Brosef | Posted: 12/6/2012 9:44:05 AM | #157
All i was saying is you cant just say he wasnt you need to discuss all possibilities that are relevant. I know they muck things up but you cant just discount it out of convenience, you know? We have Bethesda and their lack of a backbone to thank for this issue :)

Yep. Another possibility. There's enough to speculate on whether or not the Nerevarine gained CHIM, as Vivec's Sermons were probably written for that purpose.

So if he did, he totally wins. I voted Dovahkiin, though.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#159Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/6/2012 11:07:12 AM
An amicable end to a discussion of GameFAQS?!? Maybe the Mayans were right...haha
---
#160JBallahomiePosted 12/6/2012 11:14:45 AM
Well doesn't the Dragonborn actually have the blood of a god....
---
Looking at this sig justed wasted 1.4 secs of your time. You won't ever get back.