I guess I'm screwed with the "Oblivion walker" achievement..

#1Emilio the AngelPosted 12/5/2012 7:27:13 AM
Si I was playing my first playthrough since the beginning of 2012 and I finally was able to finish the game yesterday!! A great experience it was! I played without guides for 243 or so hours and managed to get EVERY achievement except "oblivion walker" since the daedra quests are a little tricky to obtain: there's no specific town or place where you can get all the quests for the achievement.

SO, I finally used the guides to finish the remaining daedra quests and obtain the daedric artifacts, which I believe there were 4 or 5 I missed, and what is my surprise when I found that the LAST quest I have ti do is GLITCHED!!! Apparently, the two guys speaking of the abandoned haunted house will never respawn. I read at the UESP that if you get to Markarth from the "A night to remember" quest (which I did), the vigilant Tyrannus will never appear at Markarth and the quest will never start. I go to the Silver Blood inn and ask for rumors and nor that Klepr guy, nor his wife and not everyone else on the inn will give me the command option of rumors. Oh, I also stealthy killed Waylin and Margaret, as some old post said, so the quest could be active again and the vigilant could spawn......several days game passed since I killed them and nothing.

So, unless there's a patch or someone here on the boards could please help me unglitch this quest, I am pretty much screwed with this achievement.

Thanks for any info you have!
---
XBox 360 Gamertag: Rol X box360
PSN ID: OvO_Nyctea_OvO
#2FredCat07Posted 12/5/2012 7:31:40 AM
I had done "A Night to Remember" before started "A House of Horror" quest. So you should had complete "A Night to Remember" quest before went off to look for him (the quest giver)
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#3Emilio the Angel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:36:13 AM
I have completed every other deadra quest and this one do not start. In fact, "A night to remember" quest was the first daedra quest I started, and it was, if not the first I finished, probably it was the second or third. The guys that supposedly start it are not there talking in front of the house...and the inn keepers just dont give me the rumors option.

Could it be because I helped the Stormcloaks take Markarth?

Thanks, by the way, for your comment!
---
#4bpcarterPosted 12/5/2012 7:50:34 AM
If you completed the other quests, you should've gotten the achievement already, unless you didn't take all the artifacts. In which case, maybe you should reload an earlier save?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5Dtothe3Posted 12/5/2012 7:58:03 AM
Hircines quest. Go back to the cave, kill the werewolf and step outside. If you're lucky Hircine will once again visit and be very nice about the whole thing and give you an extra daedric artifact.

Not too sure if those are all the details but it will put you in the ballpark.

As the achievement counts by artifacts not quests, that could get you it.
---
I used to be capable of having children. Then I took an arrow in the knee... Xbox tag - Dtothe3
#6Emilio the Angel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:59:26 AM
Well...since it was a "guidless" run, I only had 3 saves...and those was because I maybe was getting into a difficult dungeon and I was reloading an earlier save fil just to teleport back or something. And I have 14 quests finished as it says that in the general stats. I believe I have the correct artifacts:

Volendrung
Spellbreaker
Ebony Mail
Ebony Blade
Hircine's hide
Sanguine
Azura's star
Masque of Clavicus
Oghma Infinitum
Wabbajack
Ring of Namira
Mehrune's Razor
Dawnbreaker
Skull of corruption.
---
#7FredCat07Posted 12/5/2012 8:02:55 AM
Avoid the Skeleton Key since it's not part of the achievement.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#8ItamuMPosted 12/5/2012 8:06:13 AM
I was going to say you can get credit for having two different ones doing Hircine's quest "glitch" but then I read your doing a guildless run so nevermind. sorry but if you have a quest that glitched on you it's the only way to get the achievement otherwise. also helps with all bethesda games to keep multiple saves even if your not joining guilds or what have you always have a backup as they tend to be full of gamebreaking glitches.
---
How do you do? I/ see you've met my/ faithful handyman. He's just a/ little brought down, because/ when you knocked, he thought you were the candy-man.
#9Emilio the Angel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:11:48 AM
Mmm...I believe I have a save file before doing my final daedric quests. And I'll met by moonlight was one of them...

I could try the Hircine quest glitch and if it works, I could then do the remaining 4 from that save file... Interesting. Thanks a lot guys!

I just hope that glitch still works...!!

HAHAHA! It is fun, really! Using a glitch to undo another!
---
#10Emilio the Angel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:17:40 PM
HEY! I FINALLY GOT IT!!

Thanks to everyone, specially to Dtothe3 and ItamuM for this glitch about the two artifacts from Hircine!

Turns out I had a save file some hours before my missing daedra quests and the final main quest and started from there. Got the two artifacts from Hircine and that solved everything!!! Although I had to re-do the other 3 quests.

Again, thanks to everyone! You've been very helpful!!
---