Hermaeus mora

#1Seth_WilliamPosted 12/5/2012 11:50:26 AM
So guys after playing this dlc do you want o serve hermaeus mora? Cuz now he is my absolute favorite daedric prince. He has all that power and continues my rewards you as long as you remain faithful. Who knows what other dark magic he has lying around in apocrypha? Gotta luv him
#2Sab_LiathPosted 12/5/2012 12:05:14 PM
I am... uncertain.

However, it is quite possible that your character has always been serving Hermaeus Mora. Now, it's just official. Hermaeus is the closest thing in the Elder Scrolls series to an Eldrich Horror. It's also possible that he was manipulating Miraak as well... how do we know one way or the other wether Mora had planned all these event out well in advance? He could have made Miraak betray him, allowing him to think it was his own choice, and manipulated you into battling Miraak at the same time!

As such, 'serving' Hermaeus Mora may have no net effect on you character, since you were never not serving him!

Of course, much of this is just conjecture on my part. All of it could be true, but at the same time, I could be completely wrong.
---
Sab_Liath defeats Topic! Gains 89 EXP! Learns Magma Drill!
#3Tmoney222Posted 12/5/2012 12:07:15 PM
He honestly creeps me out, but I do like him. I don't wish to serve anyone though. I am all-powerful in the game.
#4EmmurePosted 12/5/2012 12:11:46 PM
I won't be serving him any more.
#5RikiazPosted 12/5/2012 12:30:26 PM
You can't not serve Hermaeus Mora. He is the daedric prince of fate, everything you do is because it is part of his plan. The reason the Skaal never gave up there secrets is because he wanted it to seem like he didn't have a plan for Miraak to be taken down by you. And Miraak only rebeled because Mora allowed it. He is all-knowing, he is the gardener of men, he is the knower of the unknown. All shall serve him, whether you know it or not.

(Note: The above statements are not necessarily canon, I just love Hermaeus Mora.)
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#6jrr18Posted 12/5/2012 12:33:01 PM
Rikiaz posted...
You can't not serve Hermaeus Mora. He is the daedric prince of fate, everything you do is because it is part of his plan. The reason the Skaal never gave up there secrets is because he wanted it to seem like he didn't have a plan for Miraak to be taken down by you. And Miraak only rebeled because Mora allowed it. He is all-knowing, he is the gardener of men, he is the knower of the unknown. All shall serve him, whether you know it or not.

(Note: The above statements are not necessarily canon, I just love Hermaeus Mora.)

Azura controls fate. Tentacle henti monster is just a librarian.
---
I am goblin commander! Goblin!
PSN jrr101
#75anctuaryPosted 12/5/2012 1:16:50 PM
Wait... Last time i saw that dude I told him to beat it! He told me to dispatch his old servant and he will do the same to me when I'm no longer useful... Are we forced to serve him in this DLC??? I wouldn't like my dragonborn to spend his afterlife in a frikin librery... with tentacles :(
#8Seth_William(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 1:20:49 PM
Well I just think that with all the new tentacle attacks like miraaks sword,staff, robes, and the mora agony power it just makes it seem more like your actually his champion since you get all these weapons related to him. Is there anything else I'm missing?
#9generalhsPosted 12/5/2012 1:27:59 PM
5anctuary posted...
Wait... Last time i saw that dude I told him to beat it! He told me to dispatch his old servant and he will do the same to me when I'm no longer useful... Are we forced to serve him in this DLC??? I wouldn't like my dragonborn to spend his afterlife in a frikin librery... with tentacles :(

Your soul is already pledged to Akatosh as dragonborn. None of these other Deadra have a chance of getting it.
#105anctuaryPosted 12/5/2012 1:47:47 PM
generalhs posted...
5anctuary posted...

Your soul is already pledged to Akatosh as dragonborn. None of these other Deadra have a chance of getting it.

If what you are saying is true then the 1st Dragonborn, who was in apocrypha, wasn't truly dead?