Total troll by Bethesda

#21jrr18Posted 12/5/2012 11:25:13 AM
EzioAuditore947 posted...
DOSF posted...
h3IIfir3pho3nix posted...
melvin475866 posted...
I agree on the dragon riding. They advertised it would be in and then just half arsed it. Real lazy work. As for the rest, that was all speculation. They didn't confirm any of that we just nosed around in files and assumed. Can't get mad at them for that

I'd hardly call this lazy. I think it's more so you don't glitch into the world and break something (as PC dragon riding mods have shown).

I haven't started it yet, but this so much.

But at the end of the day, if you mount a dragon and ride it somewhere, and the procedure is something of an automatic process - that's dragon riding. Same as the fast travel carriage - riding a carriage? :P

So i suppose we already had dragon riding then, since we got on Odahviing's back before going to Alduin's temple.

Yes yes we did.
---
I am goblin commander! Goblin!
PSN jrr101
#22LouIsCool222Posted 12/5/2012 11:27:18 AM
You have to admit the dragon riding really had to be on rails. Think about how many players would be screaming that they broke their game by flying into some area they should not be able to go, or clipping into a mountain and doing something idiotic like saving their game while stuck. Really, they saved the average gamer from themselves....

Except... modders already have flying boats that are fully controllable..
---
Robot Hitler-Head, surprisingly, did not have a zeppelin. But he did have a zip-car.
#23poppen695Posted 12/5/2012 11:47:53 AM
LouIsCool222 posted...
You have to admit the dragon riding really had to be on rails. Think about how many players would be screaming that they broke their game by flying into some area they should not be able to go, or clipping into a mountain and doing something idiotic like saving their game while stuck. Really, they saved the average gamer from themselves....

Except... modders already have flying boats that are fully controllable..

Yes and their are horror story posts all over the place about people glitching them into the world maps and having to reload or shut down the game to fix it. No thanks.
#24DericViiperPosted 12/5/2012 11:50:47 AM
u jurted? lmao
---
[ Gamertag: Viiper ] [ 3DS: 1977-0177-3689 ]
Animal Crossing: City Folk [ Das in e 4942-1810-9471 ]
#25generalhsPosted 12/5/2012 11:51:22 AM
The world literally has holes in it (mostly incomplete mountains and stuff outside of the walking borders) because they never intended flying. It's one of the reasons there hasn't been levitation spells since Morrowind.
#26Tman144Posted 12/5/2012 11:56:23 AM
generalhs posted...
The world literally has holes in it (mostly incomplete mountains and stuff outside of the walking borders) because they never intended flying. It's one of the reasons there hasn't been levitation spells since Morrowind.

AKA, laziness. If levitation had been planned from the beginning, making flying mounts would have been much easier.
---
Its not that I'm lazy, its that I just don't care.
#27NTJack0Posted 12/5/2012 11:56:26 AM
EzioAuditore947 posted...
You want spears?. Here you go, use these - as arrows.
You want Werebears?. Here you go. You can't become one though.
You want dragon riding?. Here you go. You can't control it in anyway though.

If it wasn't for the Morrowind nostalgia, i'd be seriously disappointed.

Wipe your tears, princess.
#28melvin475866Posted 12/5/2012 11:58:44 AM
generalhs posted...

They can fix the holes. You could fly(levitation) in a last gen console elder scrolls game. They could have done it here. Hell I would have settled for like a kind of 2d approach. Keep it as is but alow us to go forward backward left and right at a set altitude. One button lands or takes off. The combat could be the same, say when you tell the dragon to attack it runs auto pilot untill the mobs dead. Atliest then you could move without fast traveling. Seems like it wouldn't be 2 difficult that way.
#29generalhsPosted 12/5/2012 12:01:19 PM(edited)
Tman144 posted...
AKA, laziness. If levitation had been planned from the beginning, making flying mounts would have been much easier.

Wrong, troll. It's called optimization. Why render things the player will never see?

melvin, do you realize how TINY Morrowind was? It was smaller than a hold in Skyrim. The limited fast travel just hid how small the place really was. They'd not only have to fix the holes, but also make the cities part of the main world which the consoles couldn't handle.
#30SpiritofpowerPosted 12/5/2012 11:59:46 AM
I think they should've just had you choose a destination and then have the dragon automatically fly there on rails. You can still do stuff like shooting spells and/or shouts, but if you want to have the dragon target enemies and such you'll have to stop travel, resulting in the dragon beginning to circle over the area where you stopped, and if you want to get off you'll have to get the dragon to land, which forces it to land in a spot that wouldn't result in any glitching (like when you Dragonrend a dragon, they'll fly around and find a valid spot to touch down).

Then you've got something which can be called "dragon riding," while actually giving people what they expect and without causing any glitches.
---
-"You're nuts!"
-"No, I'm condiments! I've been promoted."