Total troll by Bethesda

#41AarksharkPosted 12/5/2012 12:35:58 PM
generalhs posted...
Until the animation annoys most players after the 10th time or so and they skip the dragons entirely.

So, the same as the current one?
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#42DRAGON07891230Posted 12/5/2012 12:58:15 PM(edited)
I think people expected what was on game jam for dragon riding.
---
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh!
#43zeroboboPosted 12/5/2012 12:59:40 PM
spears? i never cared about them.
werebear? ok sure, being one would be prettty cool, its model is huge though so that'd be annoying indoors. (also omg those guys are hard!)
dragon riding? didnt care about it. so i dont care.

this DLC is amazing.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#44The_Undying_84Posted 12/5/2012 1:09:09 PM
melvin475866 posted...
As for the rest, that was all speculation. They didn't confirm any of that we just nosed around in files and assumed. Can't get mad at them for that

The spear part is pretty bogus. When you can plainly see a spear in the trailer, you expect to be able to use them, particularly as it's been one of the more requested features since Skyrim was first announced. Were bears I don't recall seeing in the trailer at all so it's not too unreasonable that you can't be one.

Since I have the game for PC, I just hope there's enough assets/scripting in there for modders to make these things work the way they should.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#45ChunhwaPosted 12/5/2012 1:11:30 PM
Bethesda may not have promised any of those things, but they were certainly playing corrupt-a-wish.
---
The guilty pay the price.
#46JoeSnake132Posted 12/5/2012 1:11:50 PM
I TRIED AGAIN AND AGAIN to tell you people about dragon riding. I knew the engine couldn't handle us "controlling them". Even had one troll tell me it was possible to do all this in skyrim (even land in major cities) without loading screens.
---
which is better to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through effort?
#47F_WolfPosted 12/5/2012 1:26:08 PM
"Just lazy."

You have any idea how the cells load? Dragon riding is not possible, and it has nothing to do with "holes".

Just lazy is my favorite argument, because you're insinuating you know more about making the game and what it takes the the devs do. If it was easy, it would have been done, or it would have been done properly with mods by this point.
#48magemaximusPosted 12/5/2012 1:32:02 PM
http://youtu.be/s-jMqW1R_7M
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#49melvin475866Posted 12/5/2012 1:38:46 PM
F_Wolf posted...
"Just lazy."

You have any idea how the cells load? Dragon riding is not possible, and it has nothing to do with "holes".

Just lazy is my favorite argument, because you're insinuating you know more about making the game and what it takes the the devs do. If it was easy, it would have been done, or it would have been done properly with mods by this point.

Or you can show a clip of it, half *** it, then count your $. If pc gamers are flying boats created by modders using beths scripts and ect, you would think they could have made this a little more hands on. I may not be a game designer but I have played games where I have flown planes helicopters ect in a sandbox style game. It's possible, they just didn't spend much time on it, which to me is lazy. It's not like they have only been messing with dragon riding a few months. They started with that mosh video a week after release. Its been over a year seeing as how they take their time with dlc. This is good IMO because then they have quality and don't do something halfway like this. But not this time apparently.
#50Bigj089Posted 12/5/2012 1:42:08 PM
I tried to tell people. IT didn't actually show much on dragon riding and I said it was probably going to be on rails or just a form of carriage transport. Also said it didn't show us using spears so don't be surprised if we don't actually get to use them. I got nothing for werebears. Didn't even know they were in until yesterday.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator