Total troll by Bethesda

#71SilentS89Posted 12/5/2012 4:22:07 PM
dovadeth1 posted...
Nobody REALLY care about Werebears, I'm really sorry

Agree, Werewolves are the only cool werecritters. Its probably some fur community that gets all up in arms about non-werewolf werecritters.

Or, I guess if you had your heart set on recreating your daggerfall werebear or whatever.
#72melvin475866Posted 12/5/2012 4:24:38 PM
I'm done arguing though. In the end this is all opinions anyways. Nobody's really "wrong." Aside from all that above DG is amazing and you guys shouldn't let this little bit keep you from getting an enjoying it!
#73GriffRobertsPosted 12/5/2012 4:26:22 PM
melvin475866 posted...
I am a costumer.....their job is to make a product that I, the costumer, enjoy.

Skyrim is art, or if that doesn't jive with you, the developers of Skyrim consider themselves artists. That means they're going to make something they love, and hopefully enough other people will love it enough to spend money on it. Do you get this self-entitled whenever you spend money on a s***ty album? Do you say that it is a band's JOB to make music you like?

If you don't like what Dragonborn delivers, I'm sorry you wasted your money. But Bethesda doesn't have to take s*** from you, because enough people like the art they're making for them to go on. Do they still take feedback? Sure, that's how artists grow and improve. Do they take ideas from their contemporaries (including the modding community)? Yup.

But that doesn't mean they owe you anything.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#74jammymacsterPosted 12/5/2012 4:35:05 PM
melvin475866 posted...
Just cause 2 is alooooot bigger then skyrim. Guess which one you can fly in? Hmmm

Just because they're both sand box games doesn't make that a valid argument.

Skyrim and Just Cause 2 are very different games made with different engines.

Skyrim is already quite RAM intensive which is one of the reasons why the PS3 can have trouble running it. Adding in fully functional dragon riding would make that a lot worse.

Could it be done for pc? Yes probably. On consoles? No, almost definitely not.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#75melvin475866Posted 12/5/2012 4:36:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#76F_WolfPosted 12/5/2012 4:37:03 PM
melvin475866 posted...
F_Wolf posted...
"Just lazy."

You have any idea how the cells load? Dragon riding is not possible, and it has nothing to do with "holes".

Just lazy is my favorite argument, because you're insinuating you know more about making the game and what it takes the the devs do. If it was easy, it would have been done, or it would have been done properly with mods by this point.

Or you can show a clip of it, half *** it, then count your $. If pc gamers are flying boats created by modders using beths scripts and ect, you would think they could have made this a little more hands on. I may not be a game designer but I have played games where I have flown planes helicopters ect in a sandbox style game. It's possible, they just didn't spend much time on it, which to me is lazy. It's not like they have only been messing with dragon riding a few months. They started with that mosh video a week after release. Its been over a year seeing as how they take their time with dlc. This is good IMO because then they have quality and don't do something halfway like this. But not this time apparently.

Are you DAFT in the head? The game has been out for over a YEAR, with thousands upon thousands of modders using the same tools Beth made to use the game, and they STILL cannot get that stuff to work with out horrible game breaking and crashing bugs.

Any argument you have about how "others games do it" is pointless and just goes to show your ignorance, as unless they are made in the same engine, it's a moot point.
#77Omni024Posted 12/5/2012 4:54:34 PM
Just going to state this: The game has to load any major city, just like any dungeon. These places are seperate from the main map. So it would probably look very awkward to view these places from the air. It would be very hard to program. This game is just not set up to allow players to fly freely in the air.
#78LifeVirus1289Posted 12/5/2012 5:02:09 PM
melvin475866 posted...
suksass posted...
melvin475866 posted...
memo76 posted...
Lazy? seriously? skyrim is a HUGE and amazing game the people that made this game are not lazy. They just didnt add some features you wanted.
Bethesda is staffed by gamers most of whom would probably love to have a dragon they could control in game so if its not in the game its probably because it would break the game.

Yea because I called the whole game lazy right? No, just the dragon riding. Reading comprehension friend, it goes miles.

I agree with others. Simply because small games like gta manage to do it doesn't mean it's that easy. And you seem to ignore people telling you about all the bugs in this mods.

I havnt ignored it I made a post about it on the second page.

"And it's Bethesda job to make it not "break the game." People making mods for skyrim are capable I'm sure but not the programmers that created the game. If GTA and WoW can create real time flying, Bethesda can for skyrim."

I'm not going to repeat myself to the people who havnt even read the whole post.

Just cause 2 is alooooot bigger then skyrim. Guess which one you can fly in? Hmmm

Totally irrelevant points. GTA and Wow are COMPLETELY different engines, from both each other and Skyrim, proving you have almost no knowledge of these matters. Those mods are so glitch prone. Just because Bethesda has a higher standard of quality for the things it puts in its games than your average modder doesn't make them lazy.
---
By the Nine, did that really just happen?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Baalthezar/advanced
#79LifeVirus1289Posted 12/5/2012 5:06:14 PM(edited)
melvin475866 posted...
GriffRoberts posted...
melvin475866 posted...
I am a costumer.....their job is to make a product that I, the costumer, enjoy.

Skyrim is art, or if that doesn't jive with you, the developers of Skyrim consider themselves artists. That means they're going to make something they love, and hopefully enough other people will love it enough to spend money on it. Do you get this self-entitled whenever you spend money on a s***ty album? Do you say that it is a band's JOB to make music you like?

If you don't like what Dragonborn delivers, I'm sorry you wasted your money. But Bethesda doesn't have to take **** from you, because enough people like the art they're making for them to go on. Do they still take feedback? Sure, that's how artists grow and improve. Do they take ideas from their contemporaries (including the modding community)? Yup.

But that doesn't mean they owe you anything.

It's still a business, not just a hobby. It requires costumes which requires pleasing them which requires credibility. Get it? Take your nose high artsy bs out of this. Art, business, doesn't make it any less ****ty and we all know they could do better.

You clearly don't understand programming, art, business, or even debate. Are you actually good at anything, or are you just stealing oxygen from the rest of the world?
---
By the Nine, did that really just happen?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Baalthezar/advanced
#80deadpool223Posted 12/5/2012 5:13:34 PM
^ the harmonica
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,