#82deadpool223Posted 12/5/2012 5:50:39 PM
well arnt you cool
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#83Tman144Posted 12/5/2012 9:04:32 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...
generalhs posted...
Tman144 posted...
AKA, laziness. If levitation had been planned from the beginning, making flying mounts would have been much easier.

Wrong, troll. It's called optimization. Why render things the player will never see?

melvin, do you realize how TINY Morrowind was? It was smaller than a hold in Skyrim. The limited fast travel just hid how small the place really was. They'd not only have to fix the holes, but also make the cities part of the main world which the consoles couldn't handle.

Also, the settlements in Morrowind were part of the World map, because they were smaller and much less taxing to render at once. now settlements are serarate cells, and the only way it would work would be for the dev team to exhaustively go over them and render it so every bit of sky around the city could serve as a loading screen.

Lol, both of you are totally wrong. Did either of you actually play Morrowind? Vivec is bigger than any hold in Skyrim. The reason Morrowind could have big cities that didn't need to be their own cell was because you could only see 5 feet in front of your face. You didn't even need to render the whole city at once.

Here, some random vid I found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFyT1akVBnY&list=UL

When they created the new engine, they made a trade-off for looks over substance.
---
Its not that I'm lazy, its that I just don't care.
#84Bigj089Posted 12/5/2012 9:06:06 PM
Tman144 posted...
EmblemWarrior posted...
generalhs posted...
Tman144 posted...
AKA, laziness. If levitation had been planned from the beginning, making flying mounts would have been much easier.

Wrong, troll. It's called optimization. Why render things the player will never see?

melvin, do you realize how TINY Morrowind was? It was smaller than a hold in Skyrim. The limited fast travel just hid how small the place really was. They'd not only have to fix the holes, but also make the cities part of the main world which the consoles couldn't handle.

Also, the settlements in Morrowind were part of the World map, because they were smaller and much less taxing to render at once. now settlements are serarate cells, and the only way it would work would be for the dev team to exhaustively go over them and render it so every bit of sky around the city could serve as a loading screen.

Lol, both of you are totally wrong. Did either of you actually play Morrowind? Vivec is bigger than any hold in Skyrim. The reason Morrowind could have big cities that didn't need to be their own cell was because you could only see 5 feet in front of your face. You didn't even need to render the whole city at once.

When they created the new engine, they made a trade-off for looks over substance.

You HAVE to be joking. Vivec bigger than any of the holds? Did YOU actually play Morrowind?
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#85Bigj089Posted 12/5/2012 9:08:29 PM
Tman144 posted...
EmblemWarrior posted...
generalhs posted...
Tman144 posted...

Unless you mean the main city in the hold and not the actual land and everything which thinking on it I think you do. In which case forget my first post and carry on.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#86melvin475866Posted 12/5/2012 9:16:52 PM
I can't wait untill the next game.......I bet it will be on the next gen console and I hope they combine the quantity of morrowind to the quality of skyrim
#87LockeadonPosted 12/5/2012 9:20:38 PM
all the awesome stuff we did get why complain about pointless, impossible things. the game would have to be designed for thatfrom the ground up to allow free flight in real time. its beyond the scope of what dlc can do. and as for spears, who gives a damn? the werebears would have been nice but we already have werewolfs and werebats... do we REALLY need more transforming into animals? im guessing they didnt include wb transformation cause we have werewolves already. how would they make werebears different enough that people would actually want to play as them?
---
be more cereal!
#88Tman144Posted 12/5/2012 9:23:43 PM
Bigj089 posted...
Tman144 posted...
EmblemWarrior posted...
generalhs posted...
Tman144 posted...

You HAVE to be joking. Vivec bigger than any of the holds? Did YOU actually play Morrowind?

I played it a few months ago. Lets compare Vivec to Windhelm.
Here: Vivec City
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Vivec_(city)
There are at least 20 houses, on the outside of the city (not including the inside of each canton). Each North-one, south-two whatever is a house.
There are 12 houses in windhelm, and two of those are farms outside the city, which shouldn't count because there are several farms outside vivec as well.

There are only 4 shops in windhelm, and one of those is the useless museum

There are more shops in the foreign quarter alone than in all of windhelm. Hell, there are almost as many people who offer services in one canton of vivec than there are people in all of windhelm.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Vivec_Foreign.

So, how are any of the holds bigger than Vivec?
---
#89Tman144Posted 12/5/2012 9:24:41 PM
Bigj089 posted...
Tman144 posted...
EmblemWarrior posted...
generalhs posted...
Tman144 posted...

Unless you mean the main city in the hold and not the actual land and everything which thinking on it I think you do. In which case forget my first post and carry on.

LOL, NOW you tell me :(
---
#90Tman144Posted 12/5/2012 9:27:55 PM
Lockeadon posted...
all the awesome stuff we did get why complain about pointless, impossible things. the game would have to be designed for that from the ground up to allow free flight in real time. its beyond the scope of what dlc can do. and as for spears, who gives a damn? the werebears would have been nice but we already have werewolfs and werebats... do we REALLY need more transforming into animals? im guessing they didnt include wb transformation cause we have werewolves already. how would they make werebears different enough that people would actually want to play as them?

That's kinda my point. It should have been. We already had flying in real time and they removed it without any in-game explanation. It would be like if you went to see Terminator 2 and there was no time travel and the movie didn't explain it.
---