Stalhrim crafting

#1LordTrinenPosted 12/5/2012 1:59:45 PM
What do you need to do to start crafting Stalhrim items yourself?
#2Athleticsfan3Posted 12/5/2012 2:02:40 PM
you have to do the quest to save the smith in the skaal village, also you will need to be able to craft ebony weapons/armor in order to be able to craft stalhrim stuff
#3LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 2:05:11 PM
Athleticsfan3 posted...
you have to do the quest to save the smith in the skaal village, also you will need to be able to craft ebony weapons/armor in order to be able to craft stalhrim stuff

I've got all the Smithing perks so no problem there. Does this quest happen as part of the main quest or do I have to talk to someone to trigger it? I just spoke to the smith in Skaal Village and he was fine.
#4Athleticsfan3Posted 12/5/2012 2:21:49 PM
LordTrinen posted...
Athleticsfan3 posted...

I've got all the Smithing perks so no problem there. Does this quest happen as part of the main quest or do I have to talk to someone to trigger it? I just spoke to the smith in Skaal Village and he was fine.

i believe you have to get to a certain point in the main story, i busted the main story out first, and at 1 point in time when i went to speak to the leader of skaal village, the quest triggered, 2 people were talking about how he disappeared
#5Trupp88Posted 12/5/2012 2:26:51 PM
I was just gonna ask, where is the place you go to mine the stalrim? I forgot to read the map before i gave it to the smith. hah
#6LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 2:28:21 PM
Trupp88 posted...
I was just gonna ask, where is the place you go to mine the stalrim? I forgot to read the map before i gave it to the smith. hah

I've only found one place to mine the stuff while opening the Raven Rock mine. The Skaal blacksmith sells some though.
#7Athleticsfan3Posted 12/5/2012 2:30:53 PM
Trupp88 posted...

place is called stalhrim source, its on the northwest side of solsteim, is directly east of broken tusk mine, and is just northwest of white ridge barrow
#8Trupp88Posted 12/5/2012 3:01:28 PM
Alright thanks guys.