Your favorite looking armor set in the expansion?

#21KeldonisPosted 12/6/2012 12:25:12 PM
parkent posted...
Carved Nordic with that priest mask that ups shock damage it looks BADASS!!!

That's my current set. Indeed it's awesome

Carved nordic + Zahkriisos.

Even cooler, if you have the Jagged Crown to go over the Dragon Priest mask.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#22zxghostravenxzPosted 12/6/2012 12:29:05 PM
DisturbedIcon posted...
I wanna make Stalhrim armor. I've seen it in loading screens and seen it for sale with the smith at the Skaal village but I've yet to get the option to craft it myself, so while I wonder about doing all kinds of random stuff I'm waiting to see when/how it does become craftable.

Bonemold is nice for nostalgia.

I'm also curious about the Morag Tong armor tho.

To make Stalhrim armor, after some point in the main quest, not sure if you have to beat it first, two people will be talking about the blacksmith gone missing in skaal. You'll get a pop-up messege telling you to go talk to someone. That'll kick start the quest to save the blacksmith. Once you help him out and finish the quest, he'll teach you to make stalhrim armor. I believe you have to know how to forge daedric armor first.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
#23blackitoPosted 12/6/2012 12:42:11 PM
Nordic looks awesome with dragon priest masks.
---
GT: Contingent Cat --- http://www.youtube.com/user/TheContingentCat
#24GriffRobertsPosted 12/6/2012 12:45:12 PM
Mmaguy posted...
And every armor fails stat wise when smithed compared to Deadric that is also smithed.

Why would I want to use lower quality items? I paid for 3 DLC packs and I've gotten 0 items that surpass the items in the vanilla game. When I read "new armor/weapons" on the Dragonborn DLC notes, I was expecting ones that were actually useful.

Don't get me wrong, I play it for the exploration/story/quests and I've enjoyed all the DLC, I'm just saying I'm tired of coming across nothing but armor/weapons that are junk after 3 full DLC packs. If there's a single thing I would improve in Skyrim it's the gear. A horrible selection at "end game" and even with add on content there's none.

Just a heads up, once you reach a 567 armor rating you've reached the armor cap, 85%. You can reach this cap with steel armor if you wanted to. After 567, higher numbers don't mean squat.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#25casimirneyPosted 12/6/2012 1:21:19 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Mmaguy posted...
And every armor fails stat wise when smithed compared to Deadric that is also smithed.

Why would I want to use lower quality items? I paid for 3 DLC packs and I've gotten 0 items that surpass the items in the vanilla game. When I read "new armor/weapons" on the Dragonborn DLC notes, I was expecting ones that were actually useful.

Don't get me wrong, I play it for the exploration/story/quests and I've enjoyed all the DLC, I'm just saying I'm tired of coming across nothing but armor/weapons that are junk after 3 full DLC packs. If there's a single thing I would improve in Skyrim it's the gear. A horrible selection at "end game" and even with add on content there's none.

Just a heads up, once you reach a 567 armor rating you've reached the armor cap, 85%. You can reach this cap with steel armor if you wanted to. After 567, higher numbers don't mean squat.

Yeah but some of us want a pair of boots that hit the armor cap by themselves. Without perks or smithing. Then I could be iron-skin ***-kicker.
#26ActionKazimerPosted 12/6/2012 1:22:51 PM
Keldonis posted...
parkent posted...

I actually ended up going Carved Nordic Armor with one of the Cultist Masks. Dunno what it is, I just love that head piece. Tied it together with Dragonplate gauntlets and boots. Carved Nord shield too. Feelin' sassy.
---
I make video games.
#27Nanaya27Posted 12/6/2012 1:41:01 PM
Keldonis posted...
parkent posted...

This, though I can do without the Jagged Crown (never liked it very much).

Add Bonehawk Ring for the final touch. It's enchant-able, matches pretty well, and doesn't clip at all with Carved Nordic Gauntlets (unlike generic rings).
#28capnovanPosted 12/6/2012 1:51:43 PM
Sniper0061 posted...
I keep seeing in the Wiki something about Blackguard armor, but I can't seem to locate any pictures of it... Otherwise, I mix the Chitin Helmet with the Cultist's robes and gloves, along with Bonemold boots. It makes the robes look more like a duster... the mask helps with this with the goggles and facemask. Definitely a good suit for the Ashlands. I wish there were Ash Storms again...

Blackguard armor is just Thieves Guild armor, the greyish version. Grover Mallory has it and can be accessed after finding the Bonemold Formula for him.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#29tcain99Posted 12/6/2012 1:57:53 PM
Sniper0061 posted...
I keep seeing in the Wiki something about Blackguard armor, but I can't seem to locate any pictures of it... Otherwise, I mix the Chitin Helmet with the Cultist's robes and gloves, along with Bonemold boots. It makes the robes look more like a duster... the mask helps with this with the goggles and facemask. Definitely a good suit for the Ashlands. I wish there were Ash Storms again...

you have to be a thieves guild member and then talk to the raven rock smith
---
xbox360
Gamertag: Hurricain87
#30SelectedforbetaPosted 12/6/2012 2:00:35 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Mmaguy posted...

Obviously this. People that complain to having to use the same gear since launch are amazingly ignorant. The armor cap is clear and very easily obtained for almost ever (every when using exploits) set of gear in the game. As far as weapons go, the difference is so marginal that worst case scenario, you may require ONE more weapon swing.

Exploits are extremely accessible in Skyrim for those who wish. They are also completely irrelevant for those who don't. You can make the game easier and more difficult as you the player see fit on the fly. Don't blame Bethesda for your lack of self control, while the rest of us are still enjoying it over a year later.