How powerful is hermaeus mora? (Possible spoiler)

#1DyinglegacyPosted 12/6/2012 2:02:13 AM
With the dragonborn expansion my curiosity was peaked. Where would you rate herm on the deity scale? He seems secretive, so it's hard to know. Is it possible that he is the most powerful, but just keeps it to himself?
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
Do justice and love mercy. Regardless of our philosophies or religious views, these are words to live by.
#2R41NB0W-D45HPosted 12/6/2012 2:19:17 AM
Piqued.
Not peaked.
---
I'm never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.
#3zeroboboPosted 12/6/2012 2:22:51 AM
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

peaked could be correct. its weird you're questioning that since he could have very well meant peaked.
there is nothing wrong with his sentence you're just making yourself look bad now lol.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#4AkujatuPosted 12/6/2012 2:24:23 AM
zerobobo posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

peaked could be correct. its weird you're questioning that since he could have very well meant peaked.
there is nothing wrong with his sentence you're just making yourself look bad now lol.

The correct word is pique, as in Her eloquent dissertation on the development of 20th century architecture piqued my interest on the topic or My curiosity was piqued by his subtle innuendo.

Save the peaks for the mountain tops and lemon meringue pies.
#5Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:27:10 AM
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

Thank you, peaked is a commonly misused in the place of piqued, EVEN by educated people. May I ask why you responded only to correct me, but not answer the question?
---
Do justice and love mercy. Regardless of our philosophies or religious views, these are words to live by.
#6Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:29:38 AM
Akujatu posted...
zerobobo posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

The correct word is pique, as in Her eloquent dissertation on the development of 20th century architecture piqued my interest on the topic or My curiosity was piqued by his subtle innuendo.

Nice google search, lol.

Anyway, now that we are all English majors, would someone mind answering the question?
---
#7zeroboboPosted 12/6/2012 2:30:29 AM
Akujatu posted...
zerobobo posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

yeah, metaphors aren't things or anything.
my curiosity was peaked by his subtle innuendo.
as in my curiosity hit its highest point. the peak.

we are speaking english right? words can be used in multiple ways. calling the dude out and effectively derailing the thread just speaks of douchebaggery and trolldom.

to answer the TC. i think hermaeus mora is powerful, how powerful? well it doesn't really matter does it? the daedra can't really kill each other. and their power levels dont really effect anything. they all have specific spheres of influence. so well. saying hircine is more powerful than peryite is pretty pointless as it doesn't effect anything at all.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#8AkujatuPosted 12/6/2012 2:32:41 AM
Dyinglegacy posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

Thank you, peaked is a commonly misused in the place of piqued, EVEN by educated people. May I ask why you responded only to correct me, but not answer the question?

I responded, correcting the other poster. Not you. I also only responded and didn't answer the question due to the other posters flagrantly dumb comment.

But to answer your question anyway, yes, I think he honestly may be in fact one of the stronger if not strongest deities.

Miraak was wanting your soul to rival the gods themselves. Herma snuffed him out at the end of the fight. He also has all knowledge at his disposal in every sense. I am sure there are things he can use to his advantage over the others.
#9AkujatuPosted 12/6/2012 2:33:43 AM
Dyinglegacy posted...
Akujatu posted...
zerobobo posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

Nice google search, lol.

Anyway, now that we are all English majors, would someone mind answering the question?

I never once stated that as my own fact. Nice search yourself. Your post was completely redundant in its entirety.
#10Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:33:46 AM
zerobobo posted...
Akujatu posted...
zerobobo posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

yeah, metaphors aren't things or anything.
my curiosity was peaked by his subtle innuendo.
as in my curiosity hit its highest point. the peak.

we are speaking english right? words can be used in multiple ways. calling the dude out and effectively derailing the thread just speaks of douchebaggery and trolldom.

to answer the TC. i think hermaeus mora is powerful, how powerful? well it doesn't really matter does it? the daedra can't really kill each other. and their power levels dont really effect anything. they all have specific spheres of influence. so well. saying hircine is more powerful than peryite is pretty pointless as it doesn't effect anything at all.

I just haven't really read up on the lore. Some of it can be confusing to first timers. From what I understand, daedra cannot be killed, only banished, but aedra can be killed. Aedra are the nine divines, correct?
---