How powerful is hermaeus mora? (Possible spoiler)

#11AkujatuPosted 12/6/2012 3:37:22 AM
Dyinglegacy posted...
zerobobo posted...
Akujatu posted...
zerobobo posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

peaked could be correct. its weird you're questioning that since he could have very well meant peaked.
there is nothing wrong with his sentence you're just making yourself look bad now lol.

The correct word is pique, as in Her eloquent dissertation on the development of 20th century architecture piqued my interest on the topic or My curiosity was piqued by his subtle innuendo.

Save the peaks for the mountain tops and lemon meringue pies.

yeah, metaphors aren't things or anything.
my curiosity was peaked by his subtle innuendo.
as in my curiosity hit its highest point. the peak.

we are speaking english right? words can be used in multiple ways. calling the dude out and effectively derailing the thread just speaks of douchebaggery and trolldom.

to answer the TC. i think hermaeus mora is powerful, how powerful? well it doesn't really matter does it? the daedra can't really kill each other. and their power levels dont really effect anything. they all have specific spheres of influence. so well. saying hircine is more powerful than peryite is pretty pointless as it doesn't effect anything at all.

I just haven't really read up on the lore. Some of it can be confusing to first timers. From what I understand, daedra cannot be killed, only banished, but aedra can be killed. Aedra are the nine divines, correct?

They are, except Talos, who is just a divine, NOT an Aedra, and the only reason they can be killed was due to giving up nearly all of their strength to create Nirn.
#12Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 3:39:23 AM
Man, I cannot stand the human ego. I wish we could just rip it out and beat it into the ground. Myself included. It's just SO EASY to let that darn thing get a hold of us.

Back on topic, since he is a "keeper of secrets" so to speak. It makes me wonder if he knows what happened to the dwemer.
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
Do justice and love mercy. Regardless of our philosophies or religious views, these are words to live by.
#13AkujatuPosted 12/6/2012 3:44:17 AM
Dyinglegacy posted...
Man, I cannot stand the human ego. I wish we could just rip it out and beat it into the ground. Myself included. It's just SO EASY to let that darn thing get a hold of us.

Back on topic, since he is a "keeper of secrets" so to speak. It makes me wonder if he knows what happened to the dwemer.

They have already told us what happened to the Dwemer.

They became the brass skin of Numidium.

The only reason, speculated, that it didn't activate was due to Yagrum being in a different realm/plane of existence at the time.
#14zeroboboPosted 12/6/2012 3:44:53 AM
daedra princes operate on an entirely different level then the daedra you fight in any game. so they can't be banished.

think of daedric princes like devils, aedric divines like lesser gods and daedra aedra the generic terms as demon / angel.
like dragons are basically angels. sure they're dicks but hey what can you do?
daedra you fight in the games are basically demons.

the power levels of the daedric princes are well debatable.

is the lord of the hunt more powerful than the lord of domination?
is the lord of madness more powerful than the lord of secret knowledge?

though ive heard from weird lore circles that nocturnal of all things is the most powerful, though that seems dumb to me.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#15Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 3:54:02 AM
Akujatu posted...
Dyinglegacy posted...

The only reason, speculated, that it didn't activate was due to Yagrum being in a different realm/plane of existence at the time.

Really?! I need to crawl out of cave. When was this told? There seems to be a lot of confusion on this.
---
Do justice and love mercy. Regardless of our philosophies or religious views, these are words to live by.
#16AkujatuPosted 12/6/2012 3:56:40 AM
Dyinglegacy posted...
Akujatu posted...
Dyinglegacy posted...

Really?! I need to crawl out of cave. When was this told? There seems to be a lot of confusion on this.

There isn't any confusion, people just don't like this answer, so they come up with other theories.

It was in a lore thread awhile back on the Beth forums, if I can find it I will provide the links to confirm it.

It was also told in a book in Morrowind, and basically teased/hinted at in the Oghma Infinium quest in Skyrim.
#17Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 3:56:43 AM
I really need to brush up on the lore, obviously. I played the crap out of morrowind, oblivion, AND this. I still know very little.
---
#18The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/6/2012 4:00:56 AM
The eight divines are not the only aedra. And they cannot be killed in the mortal sense as they are already dead, however they can be killed in a literal sense, as evidenced by lorkhan.

The deadra never gave up any of their power in creation, so they retain their full power, and cannot be killed in any sense, only recycled.

Yes the lore is confusing, to first timers and ole timers alike, it is intentionally that way :p
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee
#19Dyinglegacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:04:08 AM
I think people would like to see the dwemer make a return in a future game or future dlc.
---
#20The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/6/2012 4:04:11 AM
It is well known by now in the lore world what happened to the dwemer as said already.

And as for your original question, at the height of their powers, jygalig is the strongest deadric prince.

However, that question is like asking what holds more power, the centre of an atomic blast, or the surface of the sun.

Even though the sun is infinatly more "powerful", they both would destroy almost anything :p
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee