How powerful is hermaeus mora? (Possible spoiler)

#21The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/6/2012 4:05:56 AM
Dyinglegacy posted...
I think people would like to see the dwemer make a return in a future game or future dlc.

Impossible in the current kalpa. Improbable in the next.

There has already been one dwemer confirmed to be the last in existance.
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee
#22strifechug2Posted 12/6/2012 4:47:59 AM
Did someone mentioned pike? I think we won't get any melee purpose spear weapons, maybe I'll sooner get Fallout 4 or ride dragons and fight dragon riding orcs.
---
I'll plant an IED right.... here... *dig dig*
#23gunsndrosesPosted 12/6/2012 4:49:28 AM
zerobobo posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

peaked could be correct. its weird you're questioning that since he could have very well meant peaked.
there is nothing wrong with his sentence you're just making yourself look bad now lol.

You and I both know TC meant piqued, there's no reason to try and start trouble.
---
I think, therefore I am
#24gunsndrosesPosted 12/6/2012 4:50:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25BlazingflarePosted 12/6/2012 5:48:12 AM
zerobobo posted...
Akujatu posted...
yeah, metaphors aren't things or anything.
my curiosity was peaked by his subtle innuendo.
as in my curiosity hit its highest point. the peak.

It's homonyms, not metaphors. Metaphors are used to paint a picture in someone's mind by basically stating that one thing is another. Homonyms are words that have very different spellings, but sound the same.
EX:
Homonym: their; there; they're

Metaphor: My blanket is my own personal hearth.
---
Did you know you could use < code > formatting for your text?
#26_Mad_Hatter_Posted 12/6/2012 6:25:42 AM
Intelligence wise, he is the most dangerous. He could reveal things that could start mass wars, give away powerful and dangerous lost spells. He probably knows how to kill gods...

But he is a intellectual threat, sure he could probably destroy a mortal with ease, but he isn't the "strongest" amongst his own kind. But I have no doubt he could be more dangerous than the rest of the Daedric combined if he wanted to be.

What I want to know, is why is he so interested in having a Dragonborn in his pocket...
---
Would You Kindly.
#27DigitalIncisionPosted 12/6/2012 6:27:42 AM
gunsndroses posted...
zerobobo posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

peaked could be correct. its weird you're questioning that since he could have very well meant peaked.
there is nothing wrong with his sentence you're just making yourself look bad now lol.

You and I both know TC meant piqued, there's no reason to try and start trouble.

And everybody on the planet knew what he meant, so there's no reason to point it out.
---
Digi
White boards are remarkable.
#28DigitalIncisionPosted 12/6/2012 6:29:46 AM
I wouldn't even call the return of the Dwemer unlikely. The "last living Dwemer," could easily be construed to mean the last living Dwemer in that plane, under those circumstances. The Dwemer could also return as not totally living. There's a lot to be done with it. That being said, I'd only ever want it done if it's done right. I think they re-introduced dragons without making them lame, and they'd have to do it that way.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

That being said, I'd much rather use the hope of the Falmer not being totally wiped out (as hinted by the guy in Skyrim) to get them back and playable than have the Dwemer.
---
Digi
White boards are remarkable.
#29CyphmosPosted 12/6/2012 6:35:18 AM
Akujatu posted...
zerobobo posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Piqued.
Not peaked.

The correct word is pique, as in Her eloquent dissertation on the development of 20th century architecture piqued my interest on the topic or My curiosity was piqued by his subtle innuendo.

Save the peaks for the mountain tops and lemon meringue pies.

Damien Sandow has Gfaqs account?
---
"Yeah guys, genocide is totally not evil if you only do it once." -sshelio
Gamertag: Cyphmos
#30Brenz0rPosted 12/6/2012 7:14:44 AM(edited)
They are, except Talos, who is just a divine, NOT an Aedra, and the only reason they can be killed was due to giving up nearly all of their strength to create Nirn.

Technically, it is because the ability to kill them (and how mythopoeic forces can affect them) is a part of the "divine contract" of Creation. Nirn and the Earth Bones are formed from their essence.

daedra princes operate on an entirely different level then the daedra you fight in any game. so they can't be banished.

They can be banished. It just takes a significant level of power to do so. They can even be "killed" after a fashion, where they go to the Waters of Oblivion.

the power levels of the daedric princes are well debatable.

Clavicus Vile talks about it a little bit in the novels.

““Don’t think I’m weak,” Vile said. “Everyone who comes here now thinks I’m weak, just because a wee bit of my stuff has been stolen. The trick is, if you’ve got less to work with, you just don’t spread it so thin. My realm may be a little smaller than in happier times, but in it I’m just as strong as I ever was.””

Not to mention that Vile was still perfectly capable of preventing Umbriel from exiting his realm despite the fact that Umbriel was ("technically' speaking) more powerful at the time. It still couldn't escape, because Vile prevented it from leaving (until it worked around the restrictions, but it could not violate them).
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN