Uhm.... So.... Rideable dragons...

#1Coolmn378Posted 12/7/2012 1:58:36 AM
Sticky this topic, Bethesda needs to see this.

Spoiler Alert

Bethesda, you have all lost any and all credibility you had with me as a company. Not only have you lost mine but you will continue to lose EVERYBODY I speak to as well. What happened to your series, are you as a staff conjointly Peter Molyneux? Is this Fable? Are you f****** serious?

I paid TWENTY dollars for a DLC, that is a THIRD of what your entire game costs and you're going to deliver me 1/100th of the gameplay of the real game, combined with the false hope that I could actually do what I've wanted to do since buying the game? I want to ride a dragon. EVERYBODY WHO PLAYS THIS GAME WANTS TO RIDE A DRAGON. So you put them in the game, close enough? No.. You go one step forward and allow us to 'ride' a dragon and fast travel with it....

You are kidding me

WHY would I want to ride in a predetermined let alone GLITCHY flight path with essentially NO control besides which troll or wolf the dragon can attack?

You were one of my favorite developers and now you have joined one of my least favorites and will not be funding you any longer.

SIncerely,
A concerned gamer
#2DoomtheGravPosted 12/7/2012 2:02:35 AM
aww here it goes
---
- Noblesse Oblige -
#3Coolmn378(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:02:58 AM
Follow up...

Just found out there aren't any spears. You just shoot bigger arrows.

What a joke.
#4EarthApocalyptoPosted 12/7/2012 2:04:55 AM
Coolmn378 posted...
Follow up...

Just found out there aren't any spears. You just shoot bigger arrows.

What a joke.

What?
How does that even work?
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbdu2xSKYq1qznvrxo1_400.gif
#5CaIiber345Posted 12/7/2012 2:05:04 AM
Wait, what?

Riding dragons is just a Fast Travel animation?
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
"RT? Ha! I point real guns at my game"- JakesTable
#6ima420rPosted 12/7/2012 2:05:41 AM
This again?

http://archvillain.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/not-this-again.jpg
---
He who is tired of Weird Al Yankovic is tired of life.
#7KeldonisPosted 12/7/2012 2:10:07 AM
Honestly, what did you really expect?

There's only so much you can put into a game, and there's only so much the console can handle. I knew there was going to be a catch with dragon riding, (either negating the area to solstheim only, or having it on rails).

I agree it's a disappointment and feels half-assed. Same as spears. When you kill a Riekling the "spear" essentially becomes an arrow you can shoot out of a bow. That's just plain laziness in my book, I don't care how you cut it.

In Beth's defense they never did say you could freely ride dragons, nor were spears confirmed. But they have to know what the fans want by now, and clearly they had to know this was going disappoint some people.

Still though, the content has been more than enjoyable for the past 48 hours or so. I'm happy at least we got something.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#8AkujatuPosted 12/7/2012 2:12:20 AM
I also paid Twenty Dollars, and loved everything, including the Dragon Riding. So your Twenty Dollars is now null and void.
#9KeldonisPosted 12/7/2012 2:14:31 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
Wait, what?

Riding dragons is just a Fast Travel animation?

You can search/see some videos of this by now, but essentially there is no control when dragon riding. You don't control the dragon, direction it flies, or anything. Your player can shoot magic/use shouts, and have the dragon "target" hostiles in the area and he will attack them.

However, in practice it's rather poorly implemented. The dragon flies in circles if you don't pick a location and it's fast travel only. When you fast travel, you'll still be on the dragon and it will continue flying in circles until you either pick another location or "hit A to land".
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#10Coolmn378(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:15:29 AM
You are all sucking on the teet of Bethesda.

You can't just say, oh well what can you do about it? It's 2012, you can sacrifice a little draw distance in order to allow free riding dragons.

And it isn't the fact they didn't say, 'You can free ride dragons'. It is the fact they insinuated it to the point where it was almost understood you could control them. That isn't them being innocent about, that's just plain BS.