Uhm.... So.... Rideable dragons...

#11Coolmn378(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:17:38 AM
And don't cry about 'OH THIS **** AGAIN"

GIve me a break this should be addressed by Bethesda they underhand us all the time and this is just the last straw for me as it should be for most of you. If PC modders can successfully implement dragon flying in OBLIVION for FREE, professional developers can do it REALLY WELL on an inflated budget.
#12KeldonisPosted 12/7/2012 2:25:04 AM
Coolmn378 posted...
And it isn't the fact they didn't say, 'You can free ride dragons'. It is the fact they insinuated it to the point where it was almost understood you could control them. That isn't them being innocent about, that's just plain BS.

I agree with you for the most part. They really dropped the ball with this DLC in my opinion of what it could have been.

Another thing that was slightly disappointing were werebears. Clearly, in there because of the fans but no way to become one or any sort of quest line/faction dealing with them?

Ah well. I did still have fun though despite the negatives, and I'm still not done with it yet. (MQ complete, but still stuff to do).
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#13Mr_VandemarPosted 12/7/2012 2:29:45 AM
I didn't really care that the dragon riding is pretty lame, or that it felt like more of a marketing ploy than an actual gameplay element. Dragonborn was, imho, well worth the 20$ I've spent on it already. I haven't picked up skyrim in months, and yet in the past two days, I have started a brand new character who is now level 32 and pretty much (I believe) almost done with her journey in solstheim.

I loved being back in morrowind, I love the new items. aside from dragon riding, the new perks are pretty awesome. apochrypha was a fun little lovecraftian adventure, with some very cool bonuses. all in all, I have little to nothing to complain about... maybe lack of uncle sweetshare or udthgerd.

...also, dragons don't belong in TES anyways. You want to ride a dragon? I would prefer they were never in the game to begin with. I'll stick with my minotaurs and ur priests and ogrums and daedra. its a unique enough setting, we don't need to go all dragonlance on it.

/2 cents
#14DrBrownFingerPosted 12/7/2012 2:38:59 AM
The dragon is letting you hitch a ride because of the power of your voice, it's not giving you any control. If you were a dragon, would you let some dips*** control where you went?
#15zetsuhimozePosted 12/7/2012 2:41:16 AM
Personally i didnt care about flying dragons nor spears so im not disappointed at all with the dlc. And the mods that have implemented control of the dragon are riddled with bugs. Only complaint at all is the werebear and thats because we don't get to be one. Im sure the werewolf perk tree would have worked and the animation is already done since it's an enemy, but even that isn't too bad. Hell only reason to complain is if you were a ps3 player since they got screwed.
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#16KeldonisPosted 12/7/2012 2:51:04 AM(edited)
DrBrownFinger posted...
The dragon is letting you hitch a ride because of the power of your voice, it's not giving you any control. If you were a dragon, would you let some dips*** control where you went?

While I see what you're saying, your example kind of fails. Especially when the dragon says "By your command", lands when you request, targets enemy you select , travels to which location you pick, etc......

You are essentially controlling where he goes and what he does as it is now, so for the player to manually control his movements shouldn't really be any different in theory, since he's under your will.

So yeah, it's pretty much half-assed. Maybe the console/game couldn't handle/allow for free-riding, but I'd say bull....they just didn't want to take the time to develop it further.

In my opinion, they should've left out dragon riding altogether, or given the fans what they want. Not this half-assed attempt of trying to make people happy.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#17SomnambulisticPosted 12/7/2012 3:01:24 AM(edited)
Fun fact about me: I never gave two f***s about riding a dragon.

Oops, there goes your logic.

If this was the sole reason you purchased or were looking forward to the DLC, you have some issues. Same thing if it's the sole reason you cast it aside as a piece of crap when you realized it didn't have this.
---
Ab-so-lutely.
#18TheCongoPosted 12/7/2012 3:02:29 AM
All complaints of the DLC are made redundant after I post the following word.

Goblins.

THAT IS ALL.
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln
#19DravenRainrixPosted 12/7/2012 3:05:36 AM(edited)
rideable dragons would be POINTLESS.

what exactly would you do with the option?

Fly over Skyrim? which would take minutes.
circle the throat of the world? which once done would be pointless doing again.
fly over cities? which would have no detail cause they would have to load the cell.

just face it. rideable dragons would be a gimmick that would be pointless, used a few times and forgotten.

And also, don't say "Everyone" wants it, i COULD NOT CARE LESS about dragon riding. couldn't give a toss, in fact i'd rather spend my time trying to build a tower out of warm ferret piss than riding dragons.

---
Making Skyrim safe for arachnophobes one Frostbite Spider at a time.......
#20Omni024Posted 12/7/2012 3:15:08 AM
The game is not built to be played with free roaming flying mounts. Sorry, but what did you expect?