Uhm.... So.... Rideable dragons...

#21drkpendragonPosted 12/7/2012 3:27:58 AM(edited)
Well, I did say that there was no way they'd add rideable dragons in the first place because of the issue with zones. They'd have to have either made you zone into another area way above Skyrim so the detail didn't mater or redo the graphics for a large portion of the world. However, I do agree that the current system is fairly boring and likely will be a simple novelty for most players.

I do think, however, that these companies are banking too much with DLC. It's definitely strange that they charge $60 for the full game, but then, after they have already created the engine and all the tools they need to quickly create content, which takes a large portion of their development costs, they also charge $20 for DLC. It's simply a lot less content in proportion.

Not to mention, DLC often persuades customers to eventually buy game of the year versions and pushes new sales of the original game. I wouldn't be surprised if they're making at least 80% profit from these DLCs. It's likely even much higher than that.
---
There are no heroes in war.--Metal Gear Solid
God didn't create humans, its humans who created God.
#22LifeVirus1289Posted 12/7/2012 3:34:17 AM
Coolmn378 posted...
-Sticky this topic, Bethesda needs to see this.

-are you as a staff conjointly Peter Molyneux?

-1/100th of the gameplay of the real game, combined with the false hope that I could actually do what I've wanted to do since buying the game? I want to ride a dragon.

-EVERYBODY WHO PLAYS THIS GAME WANTS TO RIDE A DRAGON. So you put them in the game, close enough? No.. You go one step forward and allow us to 'ride' a dragon and fast travel with it....

1) HAHAHAHAHAHA
2) What?
3) That is just ludicrously untrue. Also, you get to ride one in the story.
4) No, not really. The prospect is nice, but I just could not see it happening with this game. At most, I thought of it as a fast travel system, a ground mount with minor flight, or a completely uncontrollable means of flying. I was never like OMG I MUST RIDE YOU ALDUIN! OH I CAN'T RIDE ALDUIN INTO WHITERUN, **** BETHESDA!

Lastly, spears were never promised to you. That was because of datamining. They found spears, you all assumed. Besides the fact that they were in Morrowind, I don't use 2handers, so I was over it when I heard about it.
---
By the Nine, did that really just happen?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Baalthezar/advanced
#23agentspoonPosted 12/7/2012 3:41:00 AM
Lets make this VERY simple.

Your console would die, as in the processor would overload and burn out, as in you would need to buy a new console if the Dragons were freely controllable.

The overworld is set out in tiles with each tile being called a cell. When inside one cell when you get close to the edge of it it begins loading the next cell which is why you may randomly get a second of freeze as its loading.

Flying would cause the game to need to load cells far too fast so you would either have half loaded cells and bad texture/missing models or the game would stutter and then crash.

PC modders can make controllable Dragons a reality as they have far more precessing power than the Consoles do seeing as they only have one processor and PCs have multiple.

Its not Bethesda skimping out, its the console makers who gave us one Core processors instead of two.

If anything you should be thanking Bethesda for not trying to kill your Xbox giving into the fans.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#24LifeVirus1289Posted 12/7/2012 4:07:17 AM
agentspoon posted...
PC modders can make controllable Dragons a reality as they have far more precessing power than the Consoles do seeing as they only have one processor and PCs have multiple.

Even so, I'm willing to bet on all but the best, optimized PCs, this will still cause problems. The game simply isn't meant to load like that. On a game that glitches normally, I would never chance having every NPC fall through the map and dying, or various other unimaginable skyrim related horrors.

I heard that if you glitch skyrim too hard, Molag Bal comes out and coldharbours you right in the ass.
---
#25agentspoonPosted 12/7/2012 4:11:32 AM(edited)
@LifeVirus

Quite correct old chap, if I remember correctly the game was built on for consoles and then ported over to PC which means from day one the Engine was created to work on Single Core Processors so even will a million processors the game is still limited by the limitations of a Single Core.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#26BardockpwnsjooPosted 12/7/2012 4:12:38 AM
I never cared about riding dragons. IN fact, I thought it was stupid when it was in the Gamejam video. Bethesda will not lose credibility. Neither they, nor we, will miss you.

Kk thx bai.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#27LifeVirus1289Posted 12/7/2012 4:14:04 AM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
I never cared about riding dragons. IN fact, I thought it was stupid when it was in the Gamejam video. Bethesda will not lose credibility. Neither they, nor we, will miss you.

Kk thx bai.

Dammit, I forgot to address how they wouldn't care!
---
#28DarkProtagonistPosted 12/7/2012 4:16:41 AM
Personally i didnt care about flying dragons nor spears so im not disappointed at all with the dlc.

This.
---
"Ladies and gentlemen, if you've ever wondered how a war would be run by disorganised hippies, here it is." - RLM
#29CrayonmuffinPosted 12/7/2012 4:21:41 AM
Akujatu posted...
I also paid Twenty Dollars, and loved everything, including the Dragon Riding. So your Twenty Dollars is now null and void.
#30LeichenschmausPosted 12/7/2012 4:57:34 AM
The current consoles are 7 years old man... give it a break. Seriously.