Bound dagger?

#1StarfleeterPosted 12/7/2012 12:25:01 PM
Can someone tell me what the base damage is for a bound dagger in the game now that we have the spell?

If you're unsure and want to use your displayed damage to figure it out, just work backwards from this equation:

displayed damage = (base damage + smithing increase) * (1 + 0.5 * skill/100) * (1 + perk effects) * (1 + item effects)
Perk Effects = .2 * Barbarian/Armsman/Overdraw rank level

Obviously there isn't any smithing increase so just take the display damage and divide by ((1*.5*one handed/100) *(1+.2*overdraw level))
#2ChunhwaPosted 12/7/2012 12:27:38 PM
I would assume that it's the same as every other bound weapon spell in the game. That is, equal to unimproved daedric weapons with the mystic weapons perk.
---
Be water, my friend.
#3YigPwnsFacePosted 12/7/2012 12:31:08 PM(edited)
Ummm... i was under the impression that the Bound Dagger spell was not in the game.
#4YigPwnsFacePosted 12/7/2012 12:30:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5ChunhwaPosted 12/7/2012 12:33:23 PM
YigPwnsFace posted...
Ummm... i was under the impression that the Bound Dagger spell was not in the game.

It was just added in Dragonborn.
---
Be water, my friend.
#6casimirneyPosted 12/7/2012 12:34:49 PM
Chunhwa posted...
I would assume that it's the same as every other bound weapon spell in the game. That is, equal to unimproved daedric weapons with the mystic weapons perk.

if that's how bound weapons worked, that'd be fine. Mystic axe is glass (I think) equivalent, sword is daedric, and bow is epic daedric.

I'd like to know the dagger's rating also.
#7ChunhwaPosted 12/7/2012 12:42:17 PM
casimirney posted...
Chunhwa posted...

if that's how bound weapons worked, that'd be fine. Mystic axe is glass (I think) equivalent, sword is daedric, and bow is epic daedric.

I'd like to know the dagger's rating also.

Ah you're right, I remembered incorrectly.
---
Be water, my friend.
#8YigPwnsFacePosted 12/7/2012 12:42:27 PM
Chunhwa posted...
YigPwnsFace posted...

It was just added in Dragonborn.

Do u have to do the DB main quest to learn it? I now need to make an assassin based on these.
#9Cast_SupremacyPosted 12/7/2012 12:47:04 PM
YigPwnsFace posted...

Do u have to do the DB main quest to learn it? I now need to make an assassin based on these.

It says on the wiki that Talvas Fathryon in Tel Mithryn teaches it.

I bet IamI3rian will be all over a new bound weapon when PS3 users get it :p

Means you can dual wield bound weapons at the highest speed now!
#10casimirneyPosted 12/7/2012 3:56:31 PM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
YigPwnsFace posted...

It says on the wiki that Talvas Fathryon in Tel Mithryn teaches it.

I bet IamI3rian will be all over a new bound weapon when PS3 users get it :p

Means you can dual wield bound weapons at the highest speed now!

unfortunately, it also means we have a bound weapon that we can't smith OR improve via fortify enchantments.

it'll be fun for some 30x damage stealth kills... If you don't mind investing in silent casting...

even if it isn't good, I'll use it in my next build. I've always wanted bound dagger.