Are the DLC's worth 3200 microsoft points?

#1SonyNintendoFanPosted 12/7/2012 10:48:21 PM
Will they give me hours upon hours of awesome quests, discovery, and items?

Are there any new mage specific spells?

I appreciate all answers!
#2steelerblitz92Posted 12/7/2012 10:54:39 PM
this has been the case for me. I burned out on Skyrim two months after buying it last year (made 4 characters, clocked in 30+ hours on each), and starting up the DLCs has completely refreshed my desire to play. There's tons of content in each one, new spells, two new Oblivion planes, decent length main quest lines, new gear, spells, the list just goes on.

I'm not the biggest Skyrim fan in the world, but I've been playing a ton lately thanks to the expansions.
#3rodman870Posted 12/7/2012 10:58:16 PM
With Bethsoft games the dlcs aren't so much about the hours to me and more about the content it delivers to use in the rest of the game.

So yes the DLCs offer dozens of different ways of playing the game. I would recommend them.
---
I like tacos more than burritos.
I'm going to eat a taco, then a burrito. Get it right people...
#4LockeadonPosted 12/7/2012 11:07:05 PM
both expansions do in fact increase the functionality of the mage. the vampire lord added in dawnguard is a perfect fit for a mage, especially since if you take the vampire's side you can get some awesome rings which will help a mage immensely. there are several new spells mostly for summoning/healing/killing undead.

dragonborn is just full of stuff thats great for mages, everything from powerful new spells to powers and abilities that can make your mage ungodly strong. oh and staff making. you can make any staff you can find in the game assuming you know the spells and have the right materials... not to mention the new dragonpriest masks which can make destruction magic a bit more competitive.
---
be more cereal!
#5devries41Posted 12/8/2012 6:20:18 AM
Yes there all great dragonborn is the best IMO out of them all but still there all good like poster above said lots of stuff gets added there's also lots of other stuff added in the dlc even if u arnt a Mage like crossbows new weapons armor etc.. But if u do get dawnguard if u are a Mage def go vampire Warrior/assassin go dawnguard IMO
#6FredCat07Posted 12/8/2012 6:22:23 AM
4800 actually - Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn are all 1600 MS points each.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#7TheCongoPosted 12/8/2012 6:25:59 AM
Well...

I did not like Dawnguard, I do not think it is worth it. I do not like Vampires anyway, in general. So I was never really excited for it anyway.

I do not fight on horseback, nor do I use crossbows. So it was not worth it for me.

Dragonborn however, EPIC. It is a great twist in the Dragonborn's adventure, there is at least 30 hours of content in it. The main quest is only like 3 hours of that.

The new armour looks animal! The new enemies are cool. The island is well made and I had a lot of fun with it.

All in all, Dawnguard NOT worth it. Dragonborn, WORTH IT.

Dawnguard is probably worth it if you like vampires.
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln
#8overkill_78Posted 12/8/2012 6:27:29 AM
4800 actually - Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn are all 1600 MS points each.

No.

If you paid 1600 for Hearthfire then you got ripped off badly.
---
Change your name, change your eyes, become the one who I despise.
Gamertag: Nevik overkill
#9LetsMakeDubstepPosted 12/8/2012 6:29:13 AM
FredCat07 posted...

Hearthfire is only 400 points
---
http://youtu.be/ULdPGWdn8b4 http://youtu.be/QvyPeo7qAF8
Your Local Bass Case
#10rodman870Posted 12/8/2012 9:59:14 PM
If hearthfire was 1600 points I wonder if people still would have bought it..
---
I like tacos more than burritos.
I'm going to eat a taco, then a burrito. Get it right people...