I really want a new vegas style hardcore mode...

#11suksassPosted 12/8/2012 8:00:20 AM
LinkLuigi posted...
Anybody remember that quest in Shivering Ilse where you have to get addicted to some drug and find the chalice to cure said addiction? After you took the drug, you got a boost, but your stats took a hit the longer you went on without taking the drug. Something like that would work great, where you'd get more and more penalties for not eating regularly.

Firstly that idea suck, and here's why. To many people would complain about how annoying it would be to feed all the time. Do you really think people even sleep in game that often?

Secondly, the game already has that. It's called vampire stages. Which was good before Dawnguard changed it.
#12LinkLuigiPosted 12/8/2012 8:04:44 AM
suksass posted...
LinkLuigi posted...
Anybody remember that quest in Shivering Ilse where you have to get addicted to some drug and find the chalice to cure said addiction? After you took the drug, you got a boost, but your stats took a hit the longer you went on without taking the drug. Something like that would work great, where you'd get more and more penalties for not eating regularly.

Firstly that idea suck, and here's why. To many people would complain about how annoying it would be to feed all the time. Do you really think people even sleep in game that often?

Secondly, the game already has that. It's called vampire stages. Which was good before Dawnguard changed it.

that's why it's called hardcore mode, which is specifically what the thread is about. A "New Vegas" style hardcore mode, if you will, which, as it were, is more or less exactly as I described.

I think more people than you give credit for will like that.
#13suksassPosted 12/8/2012 8:16:52 AM
LinkLuigi posted...
suksass posted...
LinkLuigi posted...

that's why it's called hardcore mode, which is specifically what the thread is about. A "New Vegas" style hardcore mode, if you will, which, as it were, is more or less exactly as I described.

I think more people than you give credit for will like that.

My apologise. A bit of missunderstanding. I thought you ment permanent mode. I don't say a lot of people wouldn't like it, but there would be a lot of cry babies anyway
#14Foreman22Posted 12/8/2012 8:45:10 AM
NV was many things but hardcore was not one of them IMO. Drinking water and food was every where.
#15TaigaWilliamPosted 12/8/2012 9:12:19 AM
Foreman22 posted...
NV was many things but hardcore was not one of them IMO. Drinking water and food was every where.

Yeah, it was really more of an immersion thing. It was still fun, though. It's what made NV fun enough for me to beat.
#16LinkLuigiPosted 12/8/2012 9:14:12 AM
Foreman22 posted...

Well, true, but at least it gave that stuff purpose. Food here isn't even helpful at lower levels.
#17VlayerPosted 12/8/2012 9:34:30 AM
Yes, that way they could make cooking and other features more useful.
Maybe make weapons and armor more expensive, almost forcing you to smith things and hunt in the beginning at the very least.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#18VasDeferensPosted 12/8/2012 9:36:18 AM
I want a New Vegas style follower control wheel .
---
Nobody believes the official spokesman but everybody trusts an unidentified source .
#19suksassPosted 12/8/2012 9:38:29 AM
Vlayer posted...
Yes, that way they could make cooking and other features more useful.
Maybe make weapons and armor more expensive, almost forcing you to smith things and hunt in the beginning at the very least.

Aren't you already forced to smith and enchant to get the best armors the game has to offer?
#20plagueartPosted 12/8/2012 9:57:15 AM
That would be fine, but it would be better if in the non-hardcore mode, you just got some bonus effects from every food, like the bonuses that you get from those one or two useful meals you can cook.
---
The poodle bites. The poodle chews it.