Why is this game so overated?

#61OsteoporozisPosted 12/8/2012 11:19:08 PM
Bethesda has a history of being extremely hit and miss in their games, getting one thing perfectly and then messing up on the dumbest little things (like not being recognized by the guard as a criminal until you walk up and talk to him). If you can look past the little things you've got a great experience on your hands. Admittedly, Skyrim isn't the best Bethesda has to offer, considering the last two Elder Scrolls titles (not a Fallout fan but this was a step down from ESIII/IV) and its greatness may be inflated but it's still worth putting a lot of time into.
---
Never heard a man speak like this man before.
#62RebelElite791Posted 12/8/2012 11:20:14 PM
Osteoporozis posted...
Admittedly, Skyrim isn't the best Bethesda has to offer, considering the last two Elder Scrolls titles

>>Literally thinks Oblivion is better than Skyrim in any way except guilds.

I shiggy f***ing diggy.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#63TheLastKroganPosted 12/8/2012 11:24:40 PM
Who the **** thought they could hate on Mass Effect on a completely unrelated board?

The Mass Effect series is awesome. The Elder Scrolls series is awesome.

No more pointless posts.

Kthxbye
---
GT: THE LAST KR0GAN
"Krogans don't need cover. Krogans ARE cover!"
#64OrangeSchweesePosted 12/8/2012 11:55:23 PM
darkportal785 posted...
Lol at the Crapthesda fanboys in this topic.

S*** company deserves s*** fans.

Wow....

Just.......wow.
#65RebelElite791Posted 12/9/2012 12:31:38 AM
OrangeSchweese posted...
darkportal785 posted...
Lol at the Crapthesda fanboys in this topic.

S*** company deserves s*** fans.

Wow....

Just.......wow.

whooooooooooooosh
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#66paladinzioPosted 12/9/2012 12:53:05 AM
Because it looks better than the game you made. Oh wait...
---
PSN:Xephyer_Sword
#67ajko000Posted 12/9/2012 1:08:02 AM
It's overrated because the community made it that way.

Granted, it does have quite a lot of content, but once you play through it ALL once, DEFINITELY twice, it just becomes stagnant and annoying.

In other words, it has a very long-living "wow" factor, which is the only thing that keeps games like these alive today.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#68The_Undying_84Posted 12/9/2012 1:40:45 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
SkytheWiz1 posted...
itrainpokemon posted...
this is almost as bad as when i told the mass effect 3 forums about how bad there game was

you people cant see the truth

Actually, no - ME3's ending was bad enough that I now cringe at the whole series; not just the third game.

A) "OMG 5 MINUTES RUINS 60 HOURS OF BRILLIANCE QQ"

B) STOP FEEDING THE OBVIOUS TROLL

A terrible ending can definitely ruin the whole thing story wise, and story is a pretty significant part of ME. And I thought the series just got worse and worse game play wise. I liked the first one because it was an RPG, not because it was a third person shooter.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#69The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/9/2012 1:58:08 AM
ValedictorianXD posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
SkytheWiz1 posted...
itrainpokemon posted...
this is almost as bad as when i told the mass effect 3 forums about how bad there game was

Actually, no - ME3's ending was bad enough that I now cringe at the whole series; not just the third game.

Skyrim, however, it's brilliantly fun. I'm not blindly following; I recognize the game has a lot of glitches and that I occasionally have to revert back to an old save to avoid them, but I really do enjoy my time in this game.

I feel like it's somewhat of an actual world, as opposed to most open world games where NPCs are all just cut-and-pasted copies of one another, used as filler for people to mindlessly kill. The majority of NPC characters have an actual name, a routine, go about their days, talk with one another... instead of just walking a short distance past you and completely disappearing.

If ME3 was brilliance, how come it don't get many o them GOTY awards, ahyuck? From wut I reckon, it only gotz itz 1st award last nite on that spike channer wit da mansars...i reckon.

I believe I have spoken in your native tongue and proven that ME3 wasn't all that brilliant to start with. In all honesty, ME3 makes this game look like the game of the century...and as we all know by now, I really don't like Skyrim. ME3 was a pile of dung that imploded in on itself and took the rest of the equally attrocious, previous installments with it.
------------------------------------------
Anywho, this topic is old hat. We all know New Vegas>Skyrim despite the fact that Obsidian mucked up the execution. Why do we feel the need to repeat facts ad nauseum?

Your logic is terrible.

"I did not like me3, therefore me1 and me2 was bad juju. Hay'uk. Hay'uka.".

No.
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee
#70RebelElite791Posted 12/9/2012 2:01:48 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
SkytheWiz1 posted...
itrainpokemon posted...

A terrible ending can definitely ruin the whole thing story wise, and story is a pretty significant part of ME. And I thought the series just got worse and worse game play wise. I liked the first one because it was an RPG, not because it was a third person shooter.

Except it doesnt in this case. It was a weak ending, but it did not make the rest of the series any less emotionally powerful for me. If it did for you, I'm sorry, that must suck.
---